Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-02-2017, 10:34 PM   #15

We are looking for the wall cabinet and table in marknpeg picture. Our Ksdp only has a table and we need more room. Any one know of any used ones?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2017, 09:19 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
Kevin....as part of your decision, you need to think about storage. We bought our coach off the lot and came with the euro booth, which we were not fans of. After a few months I pulled out the euro booth and replaced it with the dinette/buffet and chairs. Since ours came with a dishwasher, the buffet gave us substantially more storage. The euro booth had slide out drawers, but for US, they were a pain.

So, with that said, the Dutch Star, at least in the 4018, does not have a lot of kitchen storage, especially since Newmar makes their upper cabinets so tiny. Keep this in mind when trying to decide what might be best for your situation.
We are looking at the 4369, but also with a Dishwasher, so this is welcomed advice. We will be doing about 1/2 time in this, so I'd hate to give up substantial storage for more knee room. I'm no longer at the computer 12 hours a day, so I can make some concessions in that regard.
kevinbdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 10:33 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlott2k View Post
We are looking for the wall cabinet and table in marknpeg picture. Our Ksdp only has a table and we need more room. Any one know of any used ones?
The pic I posted is a custom installation of a desk unit, not sure about that wall cabinet. I'm sure any cabinet maker could do the job easily. We'll be finding a good place to do the desk sometime this spring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinbdavis View Post
We are looking at the 4369, but also with a Dishwasher, so this is welcomed advice. We will be doing about 1/2 time in this, so I'd hate to give up substantial storage for more knee room. I'm no longer at the computer 12 hours a day, so I can make some concessions in that regard.
I can't wait for the day I don't have to be at the computer 12 hours a day! Still so much work to do, but we are growing so I guess that's a good problem to have.
marknpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 09:22 PM   #18

I did call newmar, they quotes 3k!!!!!
Old 02-01-2017, 08:33 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
freestanding table and chairs

We work from our DSDP. We got the freestanding table and chairs and specified that both the table and buffet cabinet have wooden tops instead of the usual Corian. We both like to work with two screens - a laptop and a monitor each. We have mounted the monitors to the table so we don't have to stow them to travel. We didn't want to drill holes in the table itself and so mounted the monitors to the table leaf. Since we wanted to leave it in for travel, we had the dealer cut down some of the width so we could leave the leaf in and still just barely get by the table with the slides in. All we have to do to travel is unplug the laptops and put them on the bed. The monitors and all cords and plugs are left in place so it's very quick and easy to set everything back up. We have a printer in the buffet cabinet and drilled a hole in the side of that cabinet so we could run ethernet cables and the printer cable between the computers and the cabinet. If you went wireless for internet and printer, you wouldn't have to do that. In between the bases of the two mounted monitors, we drilled another hole in the leaf that all the cords go down into and then out the end which keeps it all neater.
Two of the photos below show both laptops on the table which is how we work. Another shows the laptops off but the monitors still on and table pushed in for travel.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170101_124646.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	428.2 KB
ID:	150696   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170102_221207.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	363.3 KB
ID:	150697  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170101_124655.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	335.5 KB
ID:	150698  
lucyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 08:46 AM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Worked a lot from motorhome before retiring. Used the passenger seat area in a gasser, this worked very well. But not so much in the DP due to also being the entry. In the DP worked at credenza primarily.

Using a headset while on the telephone is a biggie. Helps the DW not feel like she's in the meetings so much. The DW had a headset on the TV, allowing her to watch TV without either of us being impacted.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 11:34 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by marknpeg View Post
The pic I posted is a custom installation of a desk unit, not sure about that wall cabinet. I'm sure any cabinet maker could do the job easily. We'll be finding a good place to do the desk sometime this spring.

I can't wait for the day I don't have to be at the computer 12 hours a day! Still so much work to do, but we are growing so I guess that's a good problem to have.
To clarify, I'm looking for the OE cabinet/table not your upgrade.
Old 02-01-2017, 11:39 AM   #22

Lots of good advice don't see me improving it.
Pappystoy is offline   Reply With Quote