Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-26-2015, 02:05 PM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike and Cha View Post
Tom Lindstrom is one of the Top Ten Newmar Dealers in the US, he actually sells more Diesels than Gas MH's and does a lot of custom orders. His delivery is second to none and he and his staff ensure everything is working correctly and is demonstrated to you prior to taking possession. A lot of the issues people complain about we never experienced because Tom and his staff make sure you got what you paid for and it is working correctly. One example is all the stereo, TV's/ satellite system and surround sound system, his guys make sure it is all hooked up correctly and working as it should. Ours sounds better than the high end home system we have....Just one example but shows how much they pay attention to detail. But the best part is his integrity and honesty, you don't get better than Tom, and we looked for two years and dealt with several dealerships, none of which compared to Tom Lindstrom.
They also have 17 reviews on Yelp and all are 5 stars!....
tankcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2015, 02:23 PM   #30

Thanks for all the great replies. We are in Oregon, headed south, eventually to San Diego. Typically, we depart San Diego in March and head east. I understand it takes about five months when you order. Please confirm if that is correct.

I will contact Tom Lindstrom RV to check the rules for out-of-state purchasing in California.

I plan to put a together a build sheet and send to 6 to 8 dealers asking for a quote. Your dealer recommendations are very helpful.

Is there a standard Newmar build sheet? I have one with an Oregon dealer's info in the heading.

What is the deal on factory delivery? The Oregon dealer charged an extra $3,496 for "Consumer pick-up at Newmar Factory."

Thanks,

Rex
LK23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 04:05 PM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LK23 View Post
Thanks for all the great replies. We are in Oregon, headed south, eventually to San Diego. Typically, we depart San Diego in March and head east. I understand it takes about five months when you order. Please confirm if that is correct.

I will contact Tom Lindstrom RV to check the rules for out-of-state purchasing in California.

I plan to put a together a build sheet and send to 6 to 8 dealers asking for a quote. Your dealer recommendations are very helpful.

Is there a standard Newmar build sheet? I have one with an Oregon dealer's info in the heading.

What is the deal on factory delivery? The Oregon dealer charged an extra $3,496 for "Consumer pick-up at Newmar Factory."

Thanks,

Rex
For Newmar Order forms go to: Newmar dealer resources and support | Newmar
2012 DSDP 3734
MJFZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 05:55 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff426 View Post
We reccomend you check with Steinbrings in Garfield, Minnesota. They were absolutely awesome with us and gave us the best orientation!!
All the best to you,

Jeff and Lynn

X2 bought our first unit from them treated us great
HWH Active Air Suspension 2014 Wrangler
DRL1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 06:02 PM   #33

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
We've got five bids so far (holding out for one more) and by far the best was from Dave Roe of Coachlight RV, Carthage MO. Other bids to date were from: Tom Johnson's (highest, and not by just a little bit), Midway in Michigan, Transwest near Denver and Steinbring. In a couple of weeks we'll be making a personal visit to North Trail, Ft Meyers.
I went out to 10 dealerships for prices and Dave Roe at Coachlight was the best. Their delivery experience was very good as well.

The highest prices I was quoted were from Holiday World in Houston, Ancira and Berryland.

Good luck!
SWag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 08:48 PM   #34

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Yes, you pay extra for factory delivery. I think it's on the order sheets.
Vacay Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 09:09 PM   #35

FWIW I would think it is worth considering a dealer in an area one routinely hangs out in or passes through. That way there is no long ride to the dealer and you are "his" customer. I'd want to spend a month or so near the pick up dealer just to get any bugs out. That might be worth a few thousand. Something to ponder. ;-)
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 06:31 PM   #36

Thanks for all the input. I plan to submit bid requests to at least 8 Newmar dealers this week. Based on your input, my top three are:

1. Coachlight RV

2. Tom Lindstrom RV

3. Steinbrings RV

Are there others I should consider for competitive pricing? Located west of the Mississippi is a plus for us.

Rex
LK23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 06:36 PM   #37

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Rex, those three will all provide great prices. I've also heard from others that Midway RV in Grand Rapids will be competitive as well.
SWag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 10:11 PM   #38

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks for all the input. I plan to submit bid requests to at least 8 Newmar dealers this week. Based on your input, my top three are:

1. Coachlight RV

2. Tom Lindstrom RV

3. Steinbrings RV

Are there others I should consider for competitive pricing? Located west of the Mississippi is a plus for us.

Rex
Nicely done! I got the three best prices from those guys on my round of bidding.
Vacay Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 10:34 PM   #39

Glad that your plan is coming together.

2015 Newmar Ventana 3636, Cummins ISB
2014 JKU Wrangler, SMI AF1, Blue Ox Baseplate and Tow Bar
HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 10:39 PM   #40

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Tom Lindstrom is my recommendation, great customer service. Straight shooter.
LCDRAKAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 08:15 PM   #41

Newmar Owners Club
Highly recommend Todd Hall and Tom Johnson in Marion NC

We purchased a 2015 Dutch Star in June of this year from Tom Johnson Camping Center in Marion NC. Our salesman was Todd Hall who has been FABULOUS. He's been extremely responsive and helpful both before and after the sale. We feel we got a very good deal and have been very pleased with the whole dealership. They have a nice campground we stayed in for several days after picking up the unit and we several different people there who had just traveled from many states away to buy at Tom Johnson and so they must be doing competitive deals. Todd Hall specializes in Newmars and is extremely knowledgeable as well as very helpful. Todd Hall: thall@tomjohnsoncamping.com or 828-442-3593.
lucyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 05:43 PM   #42

Newmar Owners Club
We are working with Mike Siy from Albany RVOne on our order for a DSDP 4312 and he has been great.
Airedale is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, dutch star, purchase