Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-06-2019, 07:17 AM   #659

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvlegaleagle View Post
Wonder if living in Vermont would qualify for that T-mobile plan? Have they stated what areas will be part of the plan and I wonder if it will still work if you are outside of that particular area, state or region?
I live in Vermont, and if you have coverage, I'm sure you qualify. I checked the coverage map and it shows a weak signal north of Mo'Ville, but then, my ATT and Visible signals aren't great either. I have a Huawei cell router that doesn't do too bad with an ATT tablet SIM if I put it in a room with lots of windows that faces toward the tower. If I were to do this T-Mobile plan, I would put up a pair of directional antennas outside.
However, my 20Mbps DSL is good enough to not pursue it although the bill has crept up a few dollars.
SkiSmuggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-06-2019, 05:28 PM   #660

Apparently the T-mobile plan will have a GPS homing whatever in it which will make it inoperable outside your house...man things are certainly shrinking down these days

Daniel
Rvlegaleagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 08:28 PM   #661

Howdy!

Thank to everyone for the information. I ordered my Pepwave cat 6 and Panorama 5 in 1 antenna today for 5G store and it do to arrive in a coupe of days.

“Happy Trails
Chiefneon
chiefneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 05:48 AM   #662

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefneon View Post
Howdy!

Thank to everyone for the information. I ordered my Pepwave cat 6 and Panorama 5 in 1 antenna today for 5G store and it do to arrive in a coupe of days.

“Happy Trails
Chiefneon
What model Pepwave did you get?
Shadowrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 05:58 AM   #663

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvlegaleagle View Post
Apparently the T-mobile plan will have a GPS homing whatever in it which will make it inoperable outside your house...man things are certainly shrinking down these days
While their coverage footprint is much smaller, in terms of non-grandfathered plans, I'm not sure any is better than the Sprint 50GB for $50 or 100GB for $60 a month plan. That includes rollover data up to your plan level. So, if you are on the 100GB plan, you can rollover up to 100GB of unused data.

I also believe, but don't quote me, that this works in their "extended" LTE areas, which is effectively roaming areas. It's a monthly, so no extended contract as well.

Even though I don't need this at the moment, I have thought about adding it, since I don't know if we will see more of these type plans or less, after Sprint and Tmobile merge.

Long term, I think we will see more of these, as they roll out rural 5G and the wireless companies make a big push to replace Cable/DSL/etc for home internet, but that is still probably years away.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 01:09 PM   #664

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowrip View Post
What model Pepwave did you get?
Howdy!

MobileMark LTM 4-in-1 Thru Roof Antenna for 3G/4G/LTE, GPS, WiFi - White
Pepwave MAX BR1 Mini with Cat 6 LTE Advanced Modem

“Happy Trails”
Chiefneon
Old 11-07-2019, 01:20 PM   #665

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
While their coverage footprint is much smaller, in terms of non-grandfathered plans, I'm not sure any is better than the Sprint 50GB for $50 or 100GB for $60 a month plan. That includes rollover data up to your plan level. So, if you are on the 100GB plan, you can rollover up to 100GB of unused data.

I also believe, but don't quote me, that this works in their "extended" LTE areas, which is effectively roaming areas. It's a monthly, so no extended contract as well.

Even though I don't need this at the moment, I have thought about adding it, since I don't know if we will see more of these type plans or less, after Sprint and Tmobile merge.

Long term, I think we will see more of these, as they roll out rural 5G and the wireless companies make a big push to replace Cable/DSL/etc for home internet, but that is still probably years away.

Thanks good to know. If anything the push will probably happen sooner than later in order to get as much data from us as possible Interestingly, here is what Snowden recently had to say in 2019 about all cell phones and their services...

Daniel
Rvlegaleagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 02:40 PM   #666

Harman Spark

I can't find the phone number. How would you find it ? Thanks
texskeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 03:36 PM   #667

just found it

it was under some papers. I guess I should clean up.
texskeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 06:39 PM   #668

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefneon View Post
Howdy!

MobileMark LTM 4-in-1 Thru Roof Antenna for 3G/4G/LTE, GPS, WiFi - White
Pepwave MAX BR1 Mini with Cat 6 LTE Advanced Modem

“Happy Trails”
Chiefneon
Thanks! (there are a lot of models, can get confusing).
Please post your results once installed, very interested in what improvements you see.
Shadowrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 08:30 PM   #669

Monaco Owners Club
A couple months ago, I helped a friend install the recommended Cradlepoint router and the Poynting antenna.

He was hoping to improve on the performance of his MiFi with a Wilson WeBoost.

To date he has not found any locations where the speed of the new setup beats the speed of the MiFi. He has been in multiple states so far.

Not to say it is not working for others, but it did not make the expected improvement for my friend.

Paul
pwhittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 03:20 PM   #670

Howdy!

I recently ordered a Pepwave MaxBR1 Mini Cat 6 and MobileMark LTM 4-1 antenna for 3G/4G/LTE, GPS, WiFi. I’ve read read and researched along with other post there and on other forums regarding this subject and decided to make the investment. We fulltime in a 5er so I ordered the antenna with 16’ length cables instead of the short 3’ do to installation in our 5er. I completed the installation antenna mounted on top of the AC unit as others recommended. I have two cellular connection. One is AT&T homebase WiFi unit and the other is Verizon Prepaid unlimited. We are at this time located at our homebase at the Escapees in Livingston. Texas so AT&T has a weak 4G to LTE signal here. Verizon has a very good signal. I installed the Verizon sims card into the main slims card slot and the AT&T into the secondary. I had no connection with AT&T and very slow speeds with the Verizon. I’ve contacted 5G support and have gone through several steps with them attempting to solve the problems by locking out the AT&T sims and only using Verizon and only using band 4 and 13 with Verizon. At this time I get better speeds by using my Verizon in my WiFi 7730L than I do in the Pepwave. To say the least I’m a little more than disappointed with the system at this time. No planning on moving anything soon to test it in other locations. I really want this to work but 5G support advised that the problem is more than likely do to the tower being congested. If that’s the case why do I not have the same problems when I install the sims back into my WiFi 7730L?

” Happy Trails”

Chiefneon
Old 11-23-2019, 06:38 AM   #671

Tiffin Owners Club
I have the same issues as you. I got mine 6 months ago and have given up on it. I've called, tried all the different settings, and still better results from individual hotspots.

I got tired of fooling with it and when I get the energy I may give it another go. I don't understand though because it seems to work great for so many others. I'm not the smartest but I can certainly follow directions. Maybe we get some helpful tips.
brandss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 06:37 PM   #672

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandss View Post
I have the same issues as you. I got mine 6 months ago and have given up on it. I've called, tried all the different settings, and still better results from individual hotspots.

I got tired of fooling with it and when I get the energy I may give it another go. I don't understand though because it seems to work great for so many others. I'm not the smartest but I can certainly follow directions. Maybe we get some helpful tips.
Howdy!

I sure hope so because the tech support from 5G did not.

“Happy Trails”
Chiefneon

Tags
internet