RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-11-2020, 07:36 PM   #1
JMH

Newmar Owners Club
Black tank level gauge tip/trick

I have a 2019 VTDP 4369, so if you have this coach and you get a stuck gauge level this might work for you.

After dumping the black tank, and gauge is still not showing empty, do this. Go to the mid-bath, make sure you have the toilet set to full flush, fill with water then flush. May need to do twice.

On my coach I think the gauge is on the wall this toilet discharges on. Seems to “clean” this spot and the gauge works after that.

Maybe just zoodoo but may work.

JMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2020, 11:58 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Entertaining theory, following

2018 Dutch Star 4369 Spartan!
2017 Jeep Wrangler Smoky Mountain
2016 Canyon Star 3710 SOLD
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 09:12 PM   #3
JMH

Newmar Owners Club
Ok, latest update. Stopped for day. Black tank at 60%. Decided to dump. Dropped to 30% and did a mid bath flush. Stayed at 30%. About an hour later, walked by mid bath and red light on. Showing 100% 🤬.

Cycled 12vdc “dealer” switch. This gave me about 30 seconds to flush toilet. After 3 cycles dropped to 30% so was usable.

I use the newmar recommenced cleaner on every fill and do recommended cleaning process periodically. Bottom line: Newmar’s recommendation is a distraction not a rational solution. Scientific method is repeatable - newmar method is pure myth.

My assessment: the KIB system is useless. Newmar engineering deserves their less than stellar reputation on this one. Hope Winnebago can improve this ongoing problem. This is the one narrow area the merger can be good. Ok on.
Old 02-14-2020, 07:24 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Agree with your comments on KIB and Newmar. Having similar issues. Been to a service center 3 times with no real results. KIB and Newmar seems to be lost and just taking shots in the dark.
Old 02-14-2020, 07:43 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Latest update including new sensors and ensuring sensors are properly attached has solved it for me. No problems since September.

NHSO (Newmar Hoot, Sevierville Original), Kindness Matters
redbaron73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 07:34 PM   #6
JMH

Newmar Owners Club
Redbaron, did Newmar cover under warranty or did you pay out of pocket?
Old 02-14-2020, 07:47 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron73 View Post
Latest update including new sensors and ensuring sensors are properly attached has solved it for me. No problems since September.
X2. They fixed as part of my one year punch list.
Boilervol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 09:01 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Warranty covered it all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMH View Post
Redbaron, did Newmar cover under warranty or did you pay out of pocket?

Old 02-14-2020, 09:14 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Going through the same process. Conference calls with Newmar and KIB. Multiple photos of sensor readings at multiple stages on draining and rinsing. Last KIB recommendation was to drain and rinse tank, fill with water and Aqua kem and let sit for at least 5 days then drain. Blaming it in tank wall build up. Strange that when we had the 2017 Ventana, we had the same toilets with different sensors and never had an issue. We have complained while under warranty and now out of warranty. Hopefully will get resolved
Old 02-14-2020, 10:49 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I was able to fast track most of that ordeal by having a seelevel gauge installed that showed proper readings. I had installed it my self for the automated tank dump, and that prevented KIB from blaming it on a dirty tank.

Old 02-15-2020, 05:14 PM   #11

I just gave up on mine. I know I can go almost a week before the yellow 75% light comes on.
Old 02-16-2020, 08:33 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
We had the same issue w/ our 2019 Ventana. Consistent poor and inaccurate readings.
Until our appointment w/ the mothership in April, Newmar recommended we disconnect the “Orange and Red” lights so that the toilet will continue to flush.
We’ve been in this mode for a couple of months now and it is working well.
Field Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 08:35 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
None of my sensors worked right. The Fresh Tank sensor read empty when full. The black tank sensor read 3/4 full even when Empty. The grey tank sensor worked off and on. At Nappanee last year, they upgraded to software and replaced the black and fresh sensors. Black has worked well since. (I use Calgon and Dawn and run the rinser for 10 minutes whenever I dump). Grey started working better after a long road trip with 1 full cup of Dawn and 3/4 full. I think it was dirty inside when the coach was brand new. Fresh just broke again. I have to see in through the wet bay to see how full it is. Back to Indiana in June, so I will have them fix it again

Tags
black tank, tank