Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-03-2019, 07:08 AM   #1

Blue Beacon Wash

We are stopping to fuel up at a Pilot in Bloomington IL today prior to arrival at a county campground in the area. The place we are leaving had extremely low well water pressure and had strict rules again washing anything. Our next site for 2 weeks has no water on the individual sites, so I have the need to wash my rig.

Across the street from the Pilot where I will be fueling is a Blue Beacon. I have never used one but from reviews I have read I'm not impressed. There are reports of them knocking off TPMS sensors, scratching the finish, and other things. Plus I'm not a huge fan of truck wash employees driving my coach into a wash bay, or do they let you pull it in?

What say ye?
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-03-2019, 07:35 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Blue Beacon Wash

Pull inside yourself , they won’t. Get out and tell the guy who you talk to , your concerns and then stand there and watch them. I’ve never had a problem .
I drove truck for several years , some of those guys have some pretty fancy rigs and are more picky than you can believe .. they are used to having “picky” customers
Old 06-03-2019, 07:48 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Hi - I've had excellent results. When the finish was new I asked that they just use the water and soap, no brushes. Once the clear coat was more mature the brushes have never presented an issue. You absolutely can not beat it for the price and is nearly as good as hand washing.
Tom
Old 06-03-2019, 07:52 AM   #4

Blue Beacon

With our last MH, we always would tape up the vent to our frig and turn it off before we entered. They had a habit of shooting the pressure washer up into the vent. We also had them want to clean our "weep" holes on our windows and at one place had water shooting into the MH. They don't do tops. I also don't think the "dryer girls" are worth the job they do.Most places have "rain water" rinse.Lastly, tried to stand outside to watch the first time, bring a raincoat!!!!
Old 06-03-2019, 07:55 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
I have used a couple of times no problem. They do not dry it. Did not do a good job on the towed.
iowaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 08:00 AM   #6

Not impressed, at least with the Florence SC location. They knocked off all the road salt (travelled down from Jersey in snow this past February) but sent me off dripping water all over the place. When it dried, I had white streaks all over the place. It was my 1st Beacon visit, maybe I was supposed to ask for a different service,,,I don't know.
Old 06-03-2019, 09:31 AM   #7

Thanks for quick replies. I may walk across the street and talk with them and/or watch them work for a few minutes.

Thanks again!
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 10:46 AM   #8

We have used the one in Indy a couple of times. They do a decent job and the price is good. It is definitely not a hand wash and wax like we get at the RV resort, but i’m not paying $300 either. After a weekend, or a week, at the sprint car races (dirt tracks) I am happy to have them knock off the worst of the dust and dirt. I do wish there was a way to dry the coach after the wash but I really don't know how that would work. Its a 60 mph “blow dry” for us. I can touch it up when we get home.
Old 06-03-2019, 10:56 AM   #9
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
I've had my MH washed at Blue Beacon many times and I've never had a complaint. It comes out clean, the windows are crystal clear and the toad was also spotless. I have had it done from NJ to Colorado with no issues.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 11:00 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Carolina Campers
American Coach Owners Club
Had ours done ..price is very fair and no complaints
papa&susu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 11:07 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have used them several times. I always tell them "NO BRUSH, NO ACID". They think I am crazy, but comply.
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 02:54 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLJOE View Post
We are stopping to fuel up at a Pilot in Bloomington IL today prior to arrival at a county campground in the area. The place we are leaving had extremely low well water pressure and had strict rules again washing anything. Our next site for 2 weeks has no water on the individual sites, so I have the need to wash my rig.

Across the street from the Pilot where I will be fueling is a Blue Beacon. I have never used one but from reviews I have read I'm not impressed. There are reports of them knocking off TPMS sensors, scratching the finish, and other things. Plus I'm not a huge fan of truck wash employees driving my coach into a wash bay, or do they let you pull it in?

What say ye?

I agree with Bill. I’ve only used it once but I had a good experience. Under their direction, I drove it in/through the wash bay. They had a sizable crew washing and scrubbing. The only part left for me was to dry it. $40. When I’m on the road and away from self wash facilities, I recommend it. At Indio, CA, this winter, I paid $100 for a crew to come with a water tank to wash it at my site.
Bushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 03:01 PM   #13

I've used them quite a few times and have been very happy with the results. As stated, no brush except on the wheels and tires. Ask for extra care on rinse and you won't have the white streaks on the coach. You will have a lot of water running off the coach for the next few miles, but drys pretty well spot free. Quite the bargain when on the road wanting a clean coach.
lostinfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 03:10 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Agree with redbaron , no brush and NO ACID. I ask them to flush the hose first.