Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-22-2018, 06:15 PM   #43

Body panel coming loose on 2014 Ventana LE

Newmar will cover this although they may require you bring it to them in Nappanee. We had similar issue with side wall and rear cap separating at seam. Our coach was 4 years old and they said “please bring it in so we can fix it”.
pburke is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2018, 08:54 AM   #44
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Newmar steps up!

I am happy to report that when I called Newmar this morning, they immediately stepped up and covered the "delamination" issue. I have been referred to Guarantee RV in Oregon (my most desired outcome; only 375 miles away) to set up an appointment to have the repairs done. The photographs I e-mailed to Newmar CS on Saturday set the stage for a quick and positive result. A big thanks to whoever originally suggested that!

Thanks, everyone, for all your support and suggestions. Newmar has, again, proven why we all love the brand.

TJ
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 08:55 AM   #45

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranquil Jim View Post
I am happy to report that when I called Newmar this morning, they immediately stepped up and covered the "delamination" issue. I have been referred to Guarantee RV in Oregon (my most desired outcome; only 375 miles away) to set up an appointment to have the repairs done. The photographs I e-mailed to Newmar CS on Saturday set the stage for a quick and positive result. A big thanks to whoever originally suggested that!

Thanks, everyone, for all your support and suggestions. Newmar has, again, proven why we all love the brand.

TJ

Happy ending?
Entegra 2025 Cornerstone 45D on order
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 09:12 AM   #46
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart W View Post
Happy ending?
I think so. I'm waiting for a callback from the "Newmar Service Manager" at Guaranty RV in Junction City to find out the next step. She was already "on another call" at 8:01 PDT when I called. Since Newmar has already given me a verbal approval for the warranty claim and created an "incident number," it sounds like it is just a matter of getting on the schedule at Guaranty.

TJ
Old 04-23-2018, 09:19 AM   #47

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
In my brief experience. If you call the repairing dealer, it may take a long time to get in. Whenever I ask Newmar to contact the repairing dealer, they get me in immediately. I guess you could try yourself and if it's a "3 month back log" then try having Newmar contact them. Up to you but preference is typically have Newmar setup the service.
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 09:28 AM   #48
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post
In my brief experience. If you call the repairing dealer, it may take a long time to get in. Whenever I ask Newmar to contact the repairing dealer, they get me in immediately. I guess you could try yourself and if it's a "3 month back log" then try having Newmar contact them. Up to you but preference is typically have Newmar setup the service.
I asked Newmar when I talked to them this morning if they would do that and was told "no, we don't schedule appointments." If I have a long-delay issue with Guaranty RV, I will be back on the phone to Newmar asking for assistance.

I'm not bashful about pressing my case and working my way up the corporate ladder, if necessary. That said, I am willing to give folks a chance to do the right thing before I press too hard. We'll see what Guaranty RV has to say first.

TJ
Old 04-23-2018, 09:33 AM   #49

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Newmar has never scheduled appointments for me. I have them contact the servicing shop and the shop calls me to get me scheduled. Give it a try, just glad you have this taken care of before we take delivery on the MADP
Old 04-23-2018, 09:39 AM   #50
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post
Newmar has never scheduled appointments for me. I have them contact the servicing shop and the shop calls me to get me scheduled. Give it a try, just glad you have this taken care of before we take delivery on the MADP
Neal, you're my kinda guy! I love the "before WE take delivery of the MADP." Are "WE" still on schedule for the 2027 Essex? Can "WE" move that date up a few years?

TJ
Old 04-23-2018, 09:43 AM   #51

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Neal, you're my kinda guy! I love the "before WE take delivery of the MADP." Are "WE" still on schedule for the 2027 Essex? Can "WE" move that date up a few years?

TJ
LOL - darn this keyboard! Someone's had their coffee this morning. Can't slip anything by ya!
Old 04-23-2018, 09:46 AM   #52

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
...Are "WE" still on schedule for the 2027 Essex? Can "WE" move that date up a few years?

TJ
After all the mods I just completed on my Ventessex I think I may be putting it off 50+ years! Man that was a lot of work. Don't care for that again!
Old 04-23-2018, 10:03 AM   #53

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
I think so. I'm waiting for a callback from the "Newmar Service Manager" at Guaranty RV in Junction City to find out the next step. She was already "on another call" at 8:01 PDT when I called. Since Newmar has already given me a verbal approval for the warranty claim and created an "incident number," it sounds like it is just a matter of getting on the schedule at Guaranty.

TJ

Jim this is the bar I was talking about
http://www.dyersonline.com/alta-adju...tem-17-34.html
Old 04-23-2018, 10:08 AM   #54
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart W View Post
Thanks, Stuart. I'm hoping I won't need anything like that if an authorized Newmar shop does the work. Still waiting to hear from Guaranty RV.

I do appreciate all your support...and, your knowledge of things mechanical. Folks like you, Neal and many others are what makes the Newmar Owners forum such a great place.

TJ
Old 04-23-2018, 10:47 AM   #55

Quote:

TJ
Uh Oh, hope that doesn't start a Newmars can't delaminate debate...
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 10:53 AM   #56

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
Uh Oh, hope that doesn't start a Newmars can't delaminate debate...

Not that I kind of delamination[emoji4] the panel has come unglued from the structure. RV “Deamination” is when the side wall materials separate from each other, IE fiberglass from wood panels. Your right! Hope we don’t go there[emoji4]

Tags
panel, vent, ventana