Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-23-2018, 11:05 AM   #57
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
"Delamination" is the term that the Newmar CS representative used, but...as Stuart suggests...it was meant to indicate that the entire panel separated (delaminated) from the structure. This has nothing to do with the outer skin of the panel separating/delaminating.

TJ
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2018, 06:27 PM   #58
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Situation update!

We had a good day! Newmar has approved repairs under warranty. Guarantee RV in Junction City, Oregon, has us on their schedule for Wednesday, April 25. They say they can do the work in "a full day." We also have reservations at the Guaranty RV Park for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (if needed) nights. It is basically across the street from the body shop. Even got a "Veteran discount" and one free day at the RV Park. Finally, I have applied some Gorilla duct tape over the separated seam for the trip tomorrow to Oregon.

A full day, to be sure, but we were blessed with a lot of things going our way. Thanks, Newmar and Guaranty RV; you've done us right!

TJ
Old 04-23-2018, 06:30 PM   #59

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranquil Jim View Post
We had a good day! Newmar has approved repairs under warranty. Guarantee RV in Junction City, Oregon, has us on their schedule for Wednesday, April 25. They say they can do the work in "a full day." We also have reservations at the Guaranty RV Park for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (if needed) nights. It is basically across the street from the body shop. Even got a "Veteran discount" and one free day at the RV Park. Finally, I have applied some Gorilla duct tape over the separated seam for the trip tomorrow to Oregon.

A full day, to be sure, but we were blessed with a lot of things going our way. Thanks, Newmar and Guaranty RV; you've done us right!

TJ

Great news Jim
Entegra 2025 Cornerstone 45D on order
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 06:31 PM   #60

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Sounds great. Sometimes it just all works out. Make the most of it. I’m putting together our new coach shopping list.
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 06:42 PM   #61
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post
Sounds great. Sometimes it just all works out. Make the most of it. I’m putting together our new coach shopping list.
Thanks, Neal. When do we need to submit "our" specials list for you to include in the order?

TJ
Old 04-23-2018, 06:44 PM   #62

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Hang on. Sticky fingers. It’s O’Poptart’30.
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 06:47 PM   #63

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post
I’m putting together our new coach shopping list.

To hold you over until 2023?
Entegra 2025 Cornerstone 45D on order
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 08:05 PM   #64

Quote:
Thanks, Neal. Given the situation where the adhesive did not hold, I'm not sure whether what Newmar uses is a glowing recommendation. I know the Ventana LE is on the lowest rung of the diesel pusher lineup, but I would hope it would hang together for more than the 24K miles we have on it. Sure hope the new MADP 4047 is stuck together with stronger adhesive.

I have already sent Newmar CS an e-mail with photos of the loose panel. Since I am the second owner, I would be surprised if they offered any warranty coverage, but they might be able to suggest a location here in the Pacific Northwest where I can get if fixed. The Newmar dealer just south of Seattle refuses to work on coaches they didn't sell, so the next closest is down in Oregon, 375 miles away. We'll see what they say.

I have used an RV repair outfit in Bellingham, WA, previously and have been happy with their work, so will also be contacting them on Monday to see what they have to say.

Here's what the damage looks like.

TJ

It shouldn’t matter if your 2nd owner. I also would call and ask for help with repair.
Old 04-23-2018, 08:20 PM   #65
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlott2k View Post
It shouldn’t matter if your 2nd owner. I also would call and ask for help with repair.
All is good; Newmar is picking up the whole thing with absolutely no hesitation.

TJ
Old 04-23-2018, 11:36 PM   #66

Since we also have the same issue, although still fairly minor compared to the OP's problem, I'm hoping Newmar also steps up to repair the panel joint. We purchased our coach from Guaranty 4 years ago and have 27K miles on the coach. I sent pics into Newmar CS this morning and am awaiting a reply.
capnqball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 12:01 AM   #67

Foretravel Owners Club
Tacoma WA ...
Westcraft..1200 34th ave E.
(behind the Loves(?) truckstop
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 12:09 AM   #68

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
I think so. I'm waiting for a callback from the "Newmar Service Manager" at Guaranty RV in Junction City to find out the next step. She was already "on another call" at 8:01 PDT when I called. Since Newmar has already given me a verbal approval for the warranty claim and created an "incident number," it sounds like it is just a matter of getting on the schedule at Guaranty.

TJ
Hey! If you are in Junction City around the 7th of May ..I will be nearly next door (Premier) taking care of a vacuum loss toilet pipe issue..
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 07:17 AM   #69
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post
Hey! If you are in Junction City around the 7th of May ..I will be nearly next door (Premier) taking care of a vacuum loss toilet pipe issue..
Hopefully, it won't take that long to get our coach repaired.

We'll be there later today and have an appointment first thing tomorrow morning. They said it would take just a day, so we hope to be back on the road Thursday and on our way to Montana; our initial destination before we got sidetracked.

Sorry that we'll miss the opportunity to see you.

TJ
Old 04-24-2018, 08:07 AM   #70

Quote:
Hopefully, it won't take that long to get our coach repaired.

We'll be there later today and have an appointment first thing tomorrow morning. They said it would take just a day, so we hope to be back on the road Thursday and on our way to Montana; our initial destination before we got sidetracked.

Sorry that we'll miss the opportunity to see you.

TJ
Please let us know how they repaired it, and with what. I know watching the Newmar manufacturing video, they use the Sikaflex and then put supports in place to hold pressure overnight.

So, I'm curious if they will use something else that cures faster or how they will accomplish the support/pressure while curing aspect.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
panel, vent, ventana