Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-08-2015, 11:33 AM   #1

Brake system for 15 KA

2015 King Aire and towing a 13 Jeep Rubicon and will also tow a GMC pickup. I am thinking of the RoadMaster Even Brake due to portability and not purchasing 2 systems.
Do you all know if the KA will be compatable with the even brake?
Suggestions are welcomed!
huntnjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-08-2015, 11:53 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnjim View Post
2015 King Aire and towing a 13 Jeep Rubicon and will also tow a GMC pickup. I am thinking of the RoadMaster Even Brake due to portability and not purchasing 2 systems.
Do you all know if the KA will be compatable with the even brake?
Suggestions are welcomed!
My suggestion would be to look at the SMI Air Force One system. It is far superior to any of the portable type brakes. I started with a similar system (the Blue Ox Patriot) and had many technical issues. But, ignoring that, those portable systems also have limitations. They must be perfectly level and wedged in fairly well. If not, they will not brake properly and/or come out of position. They are also reasonably slow acting and I'm not sure would be very effective in a panic stop, which is really the main concern.

The AFI system works in direct concert with your air brakes and does not brake with your engine brake. Also, nothing to take in and out of the toad. Just hook up the air line. I could go on and on, but if you want the best in class, AFI is it. M&G is a similar system and would work on your Jeep, but possibly not your pickup as they have a limited number of vehicles that are compatible. AFI works with all. I use it on both a Ford Fusion Energi Hybrid and a Ford Explorer.

The company is exceptionally customer focussed. Very happy to speak with you about pros/cons of all system types (they sell a portable system as well).

AFI is a fair bit more expensive, but I will assume that is not your primary concern.
Old 05-08-2015, 12:36 PM   #3

I have the Even Brake and since there is no connection to the motorhome it is compatible with all. You just need to have a 12v supply available in the toad when the ignition is off.
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake