Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-11-2020, 10:16 PM   #15

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
have a great time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmstump View Post
So exciting for you! I hope the pics come back soon. Really glad to hear you were happy with the CPU. We are hoping it will do the same for us. Plus it is just an exciting way to get a new coach.

Enjoy the new rig! Look forward to hearing your comparisons.
Soak up as much as you can. Capture explanations on your phone for reference later. Test everything. Use everything.

Ask every question that comes to mind. at night write down things you missed or that come up.

Don't settle, make it right for you. The teams are great, they will work to make you happy.

First day is a blur, enjoy it.

Learn from the other campers, some are repeat offenders ( i mean buyers) they can give you insights that take years to get.

Really learn your entertainment system. How to move feeds between sources and displays. Same on internet systems. Nothing worse than getting to the campground after departure trying to figure it out and nothing works.

Ask to get it weighed to get your tire pressures right, after you load it up.

did I mention, enjoy yourself.

cheers,
j
New2road is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-11-2020, 10:19 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmstump View Post
Throughout the process of ordering and waiting for our coach we have devoured every photo, post, video we can find of the process. I thought others maybe looking for the same so wanted to share some pics in hopes it will feed others quest for info and images.

Given that buyers are not able to go to Newmar to see their coach during the build out, they have been so gracious to send pics to us most days. It is amazing how quickly these come together. 4 days in chassis prep and 4 in build out. Paint starts tomorrow. We are doing factory pick up which requires 4 weeks from the “dispatch” date to shake it down. With the holiday season we won’t be able to pick it up until Jan 11. We can’t wait!

Congrats. From the first two pics it appears they have finished dressing all of the wires in neatly! 🤦🏼*♂️
Avspaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 09:01 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
We bought our Essex at NIRVC in Lewisville Texas and they do all weighing on Thursday only every week so get your request in and have it loaded in time.
alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 12:09 AM   #18

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We had weight check done at factory.

j
Old 11-13-2020, 06:22 PM   #19

For what it’s worth we picked up our 2021 Dutch Star a month ago. Other than an annoying squeak in our slide when driving everything else works and the finish and workmanship is excellent. We had a New Aire and that wasn’t the case.
Newmar is paying attention to quality control. Good lick and hope you have a similar experience...without the squeaks!
Charlievette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 10:17 AM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by New2road View Post
Soak up as much as you can. Capture explanations on your phone for reference later. Test everything. Use everything.

Ask every question that comes to mind. at night write down things you missed or that come up.

Don't settle, make it right for you. The teams are great, they will work to make you happy.

First day is a blur, enjoy it.

Learn from the other campers, some are repeat offenders ( i mean buyers) they can give you insights that take years to get.

Really learn your entertainment system. How to move feeds between sources and displays. Same on internet systems. Nothing worse than getting to the campground after departure trying to figure it out and nothing works.

Ask to get it weighed to get your tire pressures right, after you load it up.

did I mention, enjoy yourself.

cheers,
j
Such good advise. Thank you! I have been keeping a list of things to test, try and ask about. I had forgotten about the entertainment system and moving feeds between sources. That was something I never quite felt like I figured out in our New Aire. Will definately add that to the list. I believe they do the weighing on Thursday which gives us a chance to get everything loaded and in it’s place.

So exciting!

When do you pick up your new rig? Curious what made you change to Entegra this go around?
mmstump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 10:18 AM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avspaces View Post
Congrats. From the first two pics it appears they have finished dressing all of the wires in neatly! 🤦🏼*♂️

Good news is it got much better by the 2nd day.
Old 11-15-2020, 10:21 AM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan1 View Post
We bought our Essex at NIRVC in Lewisville Texas and they do all weighing on Thursday only every week so get your request in and have it loaded in time.
Thanks! That is actually good to know for furture. We are doing factory pick up in IN and they will do a 4 corder weight once we get it loaded. We drive through Dallas fairly frequently so will have to plan to be weighed again there after we settle in more and do all the rearranging in the never ending quest for perfect organization.
Old 11-15-2020, 10:24 AM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlievette View Post
For what it’s worth we picked up our 2021 Dutch Star a month ago. Other than an annoying squeak in our slide when driving everything else works and the finish and workmanship is excellent. We had a New Aire and that wasn’t the case.
Newmar is paying attention to quality control. Good lick and hope you have a similar experience...without the squeaks!
So good to hear. Sounds like we had similar experiences with our New Aires. Lot of significant issues that we hope to avoid with CPU. As much as I love Nappanee our 3 week warranty visit and 1 week Freightliner breakdown visit in 1 yr were more than I hope to repeat.
Old 11-15-2020, 11:51 PM   #24

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
[QUOTE=
When do you pick up your new rig? Curious what made you change to Entegra this go around?[/QUOTE]

Our unit is in Paint, evidently a 3 to 4 week process at Entegra. We are hoping for delivery mid December. I work international rotations and my schedule lines up with that, so fingers crossed the stars and planets align.

We liked the value and warranty on the Entegra, and DW really liked the layout and finish.

We found a dealer we felt comfortable with, and a deal that met our needs so it came together.

Our Canyon Star has been a great first RV, we kind of shifted our patterns after buying the rig. Originally we were focused on State Park camping, then we purchased a lot in the NC mountains. Started "almost" full timing in rig and added two fur babies. Suddenly, more room was important.

Best of luck, enjoy your CPU, load up on Amish foods for your journeys.

j
Old 11-16-2020, 12:15 AM   #25

Don't forget once you are all loaded up get a 4 wheel alignment done. I have purchased three new class A's in 41 months and all three had alignment issues. the alignment will make it drive and handle better, not to even saving those very expensive tires. I learned this when front tires were badly worn in 6000 miles. Have fun.
We Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 09:07 AM   #26

I think it is part of their business model. They sent us regular pictures of our Bay Star and in some, our picture was attached to the windshield because we are “more than a number”. We loved the anticipation also.
Old 11-22-2020, 10:24 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlievette View Post
Do u lock your slide/slides ?
Old 11-23-2020, 10:29 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine Stump View Post
Do u lock your slide/slides ?

The newer Dutch Star’s do not have manual slide locks. They automatically lock when you bring the slides in. Not sure what year this change came about. Ours is a 2019 DS4018 and slide outs automatically lock.
Granite17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, mountain aire