Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-15-2018, 12:45 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Build sheets

Hello all. Does anyone have a way into the Newmar build sheets? Just tried using the link from a pinned thread but it requires a dealer number. Is there a way into them? Sold our Winney and want to order a Ventana. I know the build sheet in not a necessary item but I saw one once and thought that it would very helpful when contacting different dealers for a quote.
Thanks
Ray
bdozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2018, 12:53 PM   #2
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Newmar no longer makes build sheets available. Instead, you can use the Build a Coach app on their website and then work with the Newmar "customer experience" folks on any "specials." The old build sheets were certainly more convenient and informative, but they are no longer available.

You can print out the results of the Build a Coach app in a PDF format and submit it to the dealer. That gives you the opportunity to ponder the options at your leisure and then do a final configuration. With the specials, Newmar will give you a special sheet number that you give to the dealer. They contact Newmar and get the details to include in your order and come up with a price.

We are just completing the order process for a 2018 Mountain Are 4047 and have found that the new process works fine...except, that you don't see individual prices of options and specials.

TJ
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 02:42 PM   #3

I contacted Newmar through their website and they sent a build sheet pdf. Also, this website gives you some Newmar option pricing.

Happy hunting. . Dave

https://www.rvdirect.com/Newmar/
Ddjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 02:48 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
NEWMAR CORP Sticky with information.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 03:15 PM   #5
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007";3991888][B][URL="http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/newmar-corp-2018-models-and-other-items-plus-newmar-country-11765.html
NEWMAR CORP[/URL][/B] Sticky with information.
The link to the build sheets now longer works. You get this message:

"Approved Newmar Corporation affiliates and dealers may access our private portal for useful resources and materials.

To access, please use your specified and private Dealer Number as your user name."

Without the "private Dealer Number," you can't get there from here.

TJ
Old 01-15-2018, 04:40 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Yes I realize that but some of the links in thread gets him to dealer build sheets unless I have privileges you do not get being 007.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 05:01 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I called Newmar a few months ago, gave them my coach number, and they email me my build sheet.
Old 01-15-2018, 05:14 PM   #8

Call a dealer and they can email a pdf. They want you to know what you want when you come in.
RHoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 05:44 PM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
Making build sheets unavailable to potential customers is a very short sighted policy by Newmar. Buying what you want versus something a low life dealer is trying to get rid of will result in fewer repeat customers. Plus, for many potential customers, dealers for information are hundreds of miles away.

I have had the Newmar information available on my computer and can truthfully answer questions and show my RV to curious folks that never knew about Newmar or that smaller RVs were available from Newmar. After a few hours of questions and showing them what they could get from Newmar, including pictures of current models and floorplans I would give them a build sheet, a list of the specials I had ordered and explanations why, a spread sheet print out of the solar & electronics hardware I bought to complete my RV, and information about how Newmars are built and the ordering process.

One man was disgusted with his trailer he drove about 150 miles to Idaho Falls looking for a Newmar dealer and not finding one he was back in a new Thor Ace which he said they use until the get the Newmar they wanted. I met him 2 years later and he was happy with his brand new Newmar and thanked me for the time and information I gave him. I know of at least 4 others who said bought new Bay Stars with specials and product info I gave them. Two of them had dealers install similar solar, electronics, and F53 handling improvements (see my signature).

I think Newmar is better off with happy customers than happy dealers. I am not not the only RV buyer who knows the dealer is the worst part of a RV purchase, plus you have to teach the salesman about the features you want. The dealer is concerned with short term profit, not satisfied repeat customers.

Newmar, keep your product information available for owners to educate potential new customers about what is available and what it will cost - build sheets, floor plans, pictures, and buochures plus satisfied customers should be considered vital to Newmar continuing success.
2012 Bay Star 2901, 2 ACs, 5.5KW Onan, 765W solar & Outback FM-60, 800 AH Lifeline AGMs & Magnum MS2812 + AGS + BMK, Koni FSDs, Safe-T-Plus, Super Steer Rear Track Bar, MCD Duo shades w/powered cockpit, remodeled galley, Sumo springs and 2008 Tacoma 4x4 toad.
joes2901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 05:52 PM   #10

+1 to Joe's comments above. Depending on dealers to know the product? Not. Gonna. Work. The most frustrating part of our recent shopping experience was dealing with the salespeople who tried to tell me what I wanted instead of listening.

I did get build sheets from the dealers, but you have to ask.
Old 01-16-2018, 08:05 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddjay View Post
I contacted Newmar through their website and they sent a build sheet pdf. Also, this website gives you some Newmar option pricing.

Happy hunting. . Dave

https://www.rvdirect.com/Newmar/
Thanks, the link worked great! Know anyone who actually bought one from this service, RVOne?
bdozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 09:00 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddjay View Post
I contacted Newmar through their website and they sent a build sheet pdf.
This was my experience also. The Newmar representative sent me the build sheet information while we talked on the phone to be sure I received it. Good people in my book.
Old 01-16-2018, 12:06 PM   #13
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Yep! I contacted Newmar yesterday and received a PDF of the build sheet via e-mail this morning. Since the build sheets are available in PDF format, one wonders why Newmar doesn't just make them downloadable. I suppose the company has its own reasons.

TJ
Old 01-16-2018, 12:36 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranquil Jim View Post
Yep! I contacted Newmar yesterday and received a PDF of the build sheet via e-mail this morning. Since the build sheets are available in PDF format, one wonders why Newmar doesn't just make them downloadable. I suppose the company has its own reasons.

TJ
Probably figure most people go to a dealership and by what's on the lot and providing the sheets just let's people say, "oh, I really like it, but wish it had ____"

Those that are more, I'll wait and order it exactly like I want, wind up getting them from their dealers or Newmar.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote