Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-22-2021, 06:28 AM   #85

Newmar Owners Club
Sounds like your building will be nice. We built ours prior to actually getting a coach but we installed floor heat tubing. Cant install it after concrete is poured. We also put in a smaller 10’ door on the other end of the garage. We made ours a gambrel styled roof so we have lots of room to walk on top of the coach to clean, fix and do other stuff on the coach, plus it makes it easier to change lights!! Spray foam the ceilings is the cats meow!! We finally did that this spring.
Schask is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-22-2021, 07:44 AM   #86

Floor recommendation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Van View Post
We have a 2022 DS 4369 on order so it looks like a new garage is on the horizon. I'm building a 30' x 70' x 16' with a 14' x 14' OHD.

First, does anyone know the weight of the coach? I'm going to go with a 6" slab with fiber, might also add rebar.

Looking for suggestions anything that you have or would have done.

Some of what I have planed so far

Insulation, LP heat, 20/30/50 amp service, sewer dump.

Here is a drawing of what it will be

https://photos.app.goo.gl/nZSgDAS1U5sgJqjPA

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1zPQoprccWgs89fN7

http://https://photos.app.goo.gl/dt4QeY3mGhhhQYhn7

This about what it will look like

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZDaFSHReFm1wsrVe7

Thanks for any input.

I have a port home in sandy Florida. It has 2 foundation beams 24” wide by 16” deep under the floor parallel to Coach under where the tires are. Not sure if you need this where you live.

Beautiful building, good luck!
Dperryind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 08:04 AM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mle75749 View Post
I’d send pics but I can’t figure out the URL part vs just pastoring it in����*♀️
Took computer-challenged me quite some time to figure out how to post photos. I STILL am unable to link up a profile picture, but regardless....

Skip the 'photo-looking icon'. When I posted, I first used 'preview post' and then noticed the 'paper clip' option for attaching a photo. It's up there by the smiley options.
Make sure your photos are the right format and size.

What you see on your screen may be different, but that's what you should look for.
Calico1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 08:29 AM   #88
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mle75749 View Post
I’d send pics but I can’t figure out the URL part vs just pastoring it in����*♀️
Maybe this will help. Here are some instructions from Forum 101 on how to add photos to a post.
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f62/foru...tml#post477709
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 09:45 AM   #89

When building my 22' x 70' RV garage I made 3 mistakes. I should have placed a sewer dump on both sides of the garage. When backing in, or pulling in nose first, dump is needed on each side. If you have a water softener, make Shure you have access to that supply when filling water tank. Make Shure builder creates a shallow slope out of all garage doors. I failed to notice this was missing at the back door and now have rain water puddle just inside the door.
Tomcat4tam26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 11:20 AM   #90

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben3rd View Post
I'd do floor heat (geo-thermal ) and air conditioner with the geo. I have several buildings for my business, collector cars and motorcycles with this. Works great and not very expensive to operate. 6" with rebar seems to work for me. Have very heavy equipment and no problems.
I live in the corner of Northeast Washington state. My whole home is heated with in-floor water heat. Love it! Your feet are always warm. I only wish my RV garage was the same. Just to cheap I guess. :-(
OneRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 11:23 AM   #91

Looks nice! We're looking at doing something similar. In my opinion, 6" poor is overkill when 4" with fiber and rebar should work just fine. I'd look up the specs on your rig online to get approximate weights. It would be great to see the end product. Good luck!
AFMSGTRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 11:25 AM   #92

Triple E Owners Club
Excellent idea 👍💡
OneRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 11:46 AM   #93

Ford Super Duty Owner
A new thought when building a new RV Bldg.

I'm not sure how cold you get in Winter, but these guys are able to heat the building for almost free. You have to build their storage and hydronic system into the design, looks pretty simple. Check out DigitalSolarHeat.com

I have a copy of their White Paper where they did a full 5 year modelling of a 5,000 SqFt bldg using weather data from Calgary Canada, done at the University of Wisconsin, showing 85% heating offset by year 5. Impressive given it can get down to -40 there in winter!
Old 10-22-2021, 12:06 PM   #94

Coach is going to be pampered. Many others will be jealous!
roblaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 01:05 PM   #95

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Hi, my wife and I live full time in our 40' American Dream, do to Cov19 and cannot travel, last year we build a 34 X 60 X 16.5 feet RV Garage on a Four Acres lot. MY first plan was to build 30 X 60 with a 14 X 14 ft. door and a 10 X 10 ft. door but I did not like the look of two different door size, ( My Doors are facing the main road ) plus 30' wide was a bit narrow with all pull out, so I added 4' and went with two 12 X 14 ft. door. I did add # 10 rebar to my 6" floor, and install hot water floor heat that we really love. It give a even heat from floor to celling. Would like to add pictures but can seem to figure how to insert them.
JoeMoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 01:08 PM   #96

I always like to put a drain in my garages. I use a 55 gallon drum filled and lined with rocks/stones for the termination. Some codes will not allow. It is a good way to remove snow or wash inside.
rkbeasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 03:42 PM   #97

Wow, great thread! Really useful food for thought!! I'm thinking 32-36' x 60-65' is what we will build. We already have a 100x200 lot with power and water across the road, and will soon add a septic tank . I might wait a while to see if the cost of materials comes down. I'm in Georgia, so I may forego the HVAC. In the meantime, the beast is in a quality secured covered storage for $105/mo paid quarterly, with 20A power included, so there is no real need to hurry other than convenience. What we would probably build would be similar to the picture below. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20211022-172228_Chrome.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	346886
pflightnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 05:04 PM   #98

Electric Supply:

I had a 50 amp RV pedestal box installed in the wall near my my RV's electric locker. 15, 30 and 50 amp sockets make connecting the RV so very much easier. Also a sewer connection in the floor might be a possibility.
Rupertom is offline   Reply With Quote