Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-02-2018, 09:07 AM   #1

Location: Not Sure, but I think I should have turned left at Albuquerque
C-Storm bedroom slide controller

I just want to warn new owners of a potential issue with coaches that have C-Storm slide controller. Some of this is in other threads, I just thought if other people are having the same issues it might be easier to find on its own thread. I have a 2018 DSDP built around May 2018, within the first week we noticed that the bedroom slide was coming in on its own. Since it is parked at our S&B house first my wife thought I put it in and I thought she did. After we got passed that it seemed that it would only go in at night, most of the time all the way in other times just a few inches. We thought it may have something to do with our local power company doing something late at night, even so, it should be happening. Then it started to go in during the day, so maybe not the power company.

I am going to tell you the steps I took to get this fixed, I hope not to get anyone in trouble for them telling me too much or nothing at all. We called Newmar and all they said was bring it into a dealership, we never heard of this and no other suggestions. I called the local dealership and it was going to be 3-4 week to get me in to look at it, no other comments. We emailed the salesman that we bought it from (different dealership) and he replied right away saying that they have heard of the same thing and it is a batch of bad C-Storm controllers. He said that if I was comfortable with cutting and splicing wires he would send out a replacement. So he did.

The replacement I got was an Intellitec to replace the C-Storm. I have LED lights under the slide and the C-Storm has a connector to know when the slide is out to for the LED lights, the Intellitec does not so I was going to have to jump those wires, plus remove one wire from the 5 pin connector to a ground on the Intellitec controller. I swapped out controllers and so far all is working. I did not want to cut any wires, just in case I needed to go back to the C-Strom controller later, so I ordered some Molex connectors online to jump the LED wires and just removed the one wire from the 5 pin connector and will add a Molex connector to that one (waiting on the Molex connectors to come in). The only other thing that needed to be done was to flip the slide switch around to match the labels (In-Out) it was working backward.

I called Newmar this morning about another issue, the bedroom slide came up and reluctantly I told him that my selling dealer knew about the C-Storm controller issue and sent me out an Intellitec replacement, he didn't seem to happy, but then admitted that they are having issues with the C-Storm controllers and are trying to get it worked out. I told him it would have been nice to know that you knew of the problem and are working on it other than to say you knew nothing about the problem. I read on another thread that some people think that the controller ground should go to the battery or the inverter ground and not ground to chassis. I wanted to test this but the wires all went into a wire loom and I didn't have time to trace it because I need to ship back the C-Storm controller.

Hope this helps others that have a gremlin in their slides, you are not going crazy.

Marc
FlaRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Tags
slide