Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2022, 11:44 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Cabinet Door

2005 MADP My wife wants new handles for all drawers and cabinet doors. The only one I can’t figure out is the one behind the light figured above the dinette. There is access to it from behind but the handle is below the line of where it closes. It feels like there a a sticky seam, but I’m afraid to just yank on it.

Any advice? Picture below
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	59823920-B147-495B-8496-4B6E22E8B9DD.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	181.5 KB
ID:	354534  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2022, 12:21 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
If I remember correctly, ours was fastened with 2 side tape and just required some gentle prying with a flat pry bar to remove. Once removed, we added hinges to this door so that the contents were easily accessible. This meant replacing the light fixture with a flat surface mounted one. Self made the fixture from a picture frame with a LED light panel mounted inside https://www.amazon.ca/Ozg-motors-BA1.../dp/B00CCZ15Q4 ).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	282.6 KB
ID:	354535  
Old 01-23-2022, 12:36 PM   #3

If it's double-sided foam you should be able to stick a sewing needle or pin in quite far. If there's no screws on the back what else could they use. If you pry on it I would protect the surrounding finish. I have used one flat or flat ended pry bar to protect the finish while prying with another one. You also need to think about how you are going to attach the new pull/handle. I might suggest mineral spirits or lighter fluid to remove the old adhesive. I don't recommend Goof Off as it contains lacquer thinner and will dull or remove most varnish. Good luck.
arcaguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door