Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2022, 08:06 AM   #1

Camera-Radio-GPS screen problem?

2019 DS with an info screen that is the radio, 360 camera and GPS has quit working. While in for repairs the tech said it was a common problem and I needed to order a new screen to the tune of $1,100.00. We have never been a fan of the GPS and don't listen to the radio so what other options do I have ? Any of you experienced this problem and found a better solution. We have a Garmin 770 that we use and wonder if I could find a screen for the 360 camera.
taratiffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2022, 08:43 AM   #2

Alternative Backup Monitors

I'm also working on a radio and rearview update: my plan (still WIP) is replacing radio and review monitor with two 10" screens (similar to the 2020+ DS). I plan to go with 10" radio + additional 10" monitor that can display either rearview or 360, along with option of displaying the 360 on the Radio monitor. I'm stuck between quad and single display and DVR option. I will use this source for the display due to adapter availability and dvr options: https://www.tadibrothers.com/categor...ar-vew-cameras
NW-Dstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 08:46 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Not sure I’d a common problem or not. Before I completely abandon the system I would do a 12 volt reboot. Turn off 12 volt switch at door or in battery bay. Wait 30 seconds and turn back on. This process has worked for me every time I experience 12 volt component issues.
2012 JEEP Liberty 4WD,Demco Dominator, AF1
GW4607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 08:59 AM   #4
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Why you don't you try removing the gps card and reset the radio see if that will get the radio to work with the cameras. Then use a garmin gps on the dash with a pad. The sd card for the gps is usually what goes bad and it corrupts the radio. A lot of times we can remove that card and the radio portion begins to work again. Or you can replace the entire system and have a new gps antenna ran or put under the dash. You must also realize, that any after market car radio will not be setup for your rv and might give you bad directions. Why I recommended makling sure you can adjust your vehicle size if you go this route. Most new radios are using apple car play and that can get you in trouble as well.
Collision Repair & Paint Restoration

SM Nashville 972-697-6325
Bobby Dowdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 06:48 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by taratiffin View Post
2019 DS with an info screen that is the radio, 360 camera and GPS has quit working. While in for repairs the tech said it was a common problem and I needed to order a new screen to the tune of $1,100.00. We have never been a fan of the GPS and don't listen to the radio so what other options do I have ? Any of you experienced this problem and found a better solution. We have a Garmin 770 that we use and wonder if I could find a screen for the 360 camera.
I’m sorry but “the tech said” doesn’t justify replacing an entire system. Have you called Riverpark tech support? Have you pulled the GPS Card from your unit and rebooted the system after turning off all 12vdc power for 2 minutes? After following the various owners blogs, what you describe isn’t a “common” problem. However, you say you are not a fan of the Rand McNally navigation so this could be the excuse to replace the entire system…..if you do be careful what you choose….good luck
Old 09-21-2022, 07:13 AM   #6

Take it out, install a Kenwood 1037s. 10" screen Apple car play, Android. The 360 camera is one plug and worked on mine. Wire for wire color install
Far superior to anything Xite has ever made.
This unit does not have GPS but I have a Garmin. Every time I used my Garmin and Xite at the same time, the xite always sent me the long way or through tolls and still the long way.
Old 09-22-2022, 07:44 AM   #7

I got it working again by using the salesman switch. I had tried it before but didn't wait 30 seconds. This time it worked. Will see how long the fix last. Thanks
taratiffin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera, gps, problem, radio, scr