Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2019, 06:11 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Camp - fix - It . NewMar did it right

Yes , I am very happy with the Newmar service center and camp ground for the service Department. Our technician Andy did a wonderful job and even added to our list of fix-it’s . With 52 service bays, the 55 motor homes built a week all have an opportunity to get stuff fixed.
Also like to thank all of you for posting problems you have had. When I went to purchase our New Aire, I made a list of problems and was pleased to find that Newmar had corrected them .
This is the 5th Motorhome I have had and so far the best. With the Newmar support we should be able to enjoy this Motorhome for a long time. I was told by our tour guide Chris that Newmar will work on anything that they have built. While we were there I saw a Newmar mountain air 5th wheel in service as well as some older Motorhomes .
Thanks to Newmar for their investment in service. I am sure this will be a major sales tool .
Hope each of you experience having your problems solved.

NATravlers
2019 3341New Aire
NAtravlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2019, 06:23 PM   #2

Thanks for sharing, It’s been our experience that Newmar doesn’t build a perfect coach, but it’s pretty good. And I’ve nothing but good experience with their service after the sales.
Old 07-29-2019, 07:43 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Amen!

The new Service Center is just fabulous; Newmar is absolutely nailing it!

Also, if you’re in Nappanee, be certain to sign up for the early morning extended tour of the plant. Takes two and a half hours. It starts with Chassis prep, goes through virtually all aspects of production, including floor assembly and paint, on to the new Service Center and ends up back at the Factory Tour building.

This tour was shepherded by Michelle Howard - any real surprise there?! - and it’s a bona fide home run - even for those of us who have done the regular factory tour more times than we can remember.

Outstanding job, St. Michelle!

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
2023 Winnebago View 24D Bay Mist II
What a Hoot!
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 07:45 PM   #4

Newmar Service - Done Right

We had our New Aire in last week to correct the remaining warranty problems. Lynn our technician had all of our open issues taken care of, including replacing all ceiling lights that had not been changed out, replaced a part that Freightliner had marked up, and even found a couple new issues to fix that hadn’t yet been found by us.

When we picked up the coach on Friday I saw that Lynn had even been able to get out one of the grease stains on the entrance carpet that the Freightliner technician was nice enough to leave for us.

Definitely the best place to take your coach for service. I know where we’ll be going in the future for repairs that we can’t fix ourselves.
BPeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 08:17 PM   #5

We took the extended tour today and I agree it is great, the tour took over 3 1/2 hours and you get a lot of details and explanation. New campground is top notch, got to be the best in the industry, the lounges are great(all three of them) and the service area is monstrous.
Old 07-30-2019, 04:26 PM   #6

We needed to go to Nappanee for a few warranty issues several months after taking delivery of our coach in 2017. Made the appointment, adjusted our travels, and was extremely impressed with the facilities and how the repairs were completed.

Now, after Newmar immediately agreed to replace our front captains chairs due to fabric defects (no cost to us, after warranty expired) we have another appointment. I am soooo looking forward to another factory visit. Now how crazy does that sound, a customer looking forward to driving all the way back to northern Indiana to have a defect corrected?

What can I say, I think they do a great job (for an RV builder) and I enjoy touring their facility.
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar