RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-24-2017, 08:13 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Camper's Edge - Extended Service Policies

Any fellow members here have experience with Camper's Edge extended service plans as underwritten by WarrantTech an AMTRUST Company? We're considering the purchase of their Ultimate (exclusionary) policy but would like to learn from others' what their experience has been.

NKK Member 21619 / FMCA Member 465836
rewillia is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2017, 11:15 AM   #2

All I've ever heard is people complaining that have bought them- warranty companies don't want to pay, big hassle dealing with them etc.. Dealers push them as they make good $$$ on them.

I've never bought one on the 5 coaches I've owned & instead just pay my own repairs- which have been minimal & saved the $$$ towards these repairs.

Happy Trails

Capt. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 09:33 AM   #3

We have this exact warranty. It's just like insurance...you are gambling if you don't have it but hope you don't need it. We have only had our warranty for 6 months and it has saved us about $1,410 so far with one trip to the dealership. It covered our keypad electronic module and the heating element in the Whirlpool dryer. It did not cover the air mattress valve that started leaking because there is no coverage for any furniture in the coach. I usually don't buy extended warranties on anything but this one gives me peace of mind. Everything on these coaches is expensive to repair!!
My advice is to read the fine print on the complete warranty paperwork before you buy it and make sure you understand what is covered. If it is not specifically outlined in the paperwork, it is not covered.

Good luck!
Old 08-31-2017, 03:43 PM   #4

Campers Edge

We bought the Campers Edge plan from our Newmar dealer, NIRVC. One advantage of buying it from them is they will waive the $100 deductible if the work is done by one of their three locations.

We bought it in April of this year and have only had one occasion to use it (door awning motor). We had the folks at NIRVC (Lawrenceville, GA location) do the work and had no issue with the Campers Edge service plan.
woodosgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 03:58 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thank you (all) for the feedback/input. We purchased the exclusionary 7-yr/100K mile Camper's Edge Ultimate extended service plan (ESP) yesterday including Tech Pkg., and Tire/Wheel Road Hazard, etc.
Old 09-01-2017, 06:56 AM   #6

NIRVC told me they would waive the $100 deductible if I had repairs done with them when I bought the policy. Guess what...that agreement was forgotten about within 6 months and nobody there knew what I was talking about when I brought it up in the service department. I hope you got that in writing because I didn't.
The salesman who sold it to me said I didn't buy the disappearing deductible policy. That's absolutely not what I was told when I bought the policy. He said if the service was done with them they would cover the deductible.
Old 09-01-2017, 07:01 AM   #7
JC2

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Old 09-01-2017, 07:19 AM   #8
JC2

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rewillia View Post
Thank you (all) for the feedback/input. We purchased the exclusionary 7-yr/100K mile Camper's Edge Ultimate extended service plan (ESP) yesterday including Tech Pkg., and Tire/Wheel Road Hazard, etc.
Although I am not a fan of extended service plans, your choice to go with one will hopefully give you some degree of comfort. My only advice is that make absolutely sure that you abide with every requirement that is in the contract. The company will look for 99.9% compliance on your part when/if you need to file a claim in the future before they agree to pay anything.
Old 09-01-2017, 07:28 AM   #9

Ate the warranties at Campers edge transferable?
Bubbs33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 03:42 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbs33 View Post
Ate the warranties at Campers edge transferable?
Yes, fully transferable.

JC - we are aware but don't foresee any problem as I'm very proactive on maintenance including all annuals.
Old 09-05-2017, 06:09 PM   #11

Update on my NIRVC extended warranty deductible issue. Brett Davis and Tadd Jenkins from NIRVC both contacted me after seeing this forum. They refunded the $100 deductible I paid and apologized for the miscommunication. They are a top notch dealership and put customers first. It means a lot when top management contacts you to deal with an issue after they read it on a forum.
Old 09-05-2017, 06:38 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motowood100 View Post
Update on my NIRVC extended warranty deductible issue. Brett Davis and Tadd Jenkins from NIRVC both contacted me after seeing this forum. They refunded the $100 deductible I paid and apologized for the miscommunication. They are a top notch dealership and put customers first. It means a lot when top management contacts you to deal with an issue after they read it on a forum.
great news.....

willipaul is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service