Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-04-2020, 07:23 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsudelt View Post
Well my 1st race bringing the coach to is in the books and all I can say is I'm hooked. We stayed over at the track Thursday-Sunday and I'm already looking forward to going back next year again (would like to try to get an infield spot next time vs being just outside the track). I would highly recommend going to the Rolex one year if you can as there is soo much going on as well as many different car classes racing. Don't worry too much about water and tanks as there are trucks constantly driving around you can flag down to empty your tanks and/or fill your fresh water. We made it Thursday-Sunday without having to but probably couldn't of made it much longer as there was quite a few of us using my coach. We stayed in #477 of the same lot you will be in, so it was very close to you. It's not a bad area as you are just outside track so you are kind of secluded from all the madness going on but you are also very close to the tram that takes you to the infield or the stands are right there you can walk to. Lastly keep an eye out as there are golf carts running around you can just tip the person a few bucks to drive you wherever you need to go. Have a great time and keep me posted with any questions. You'll have a blast I'm sure! Almost forgot your spot is very close to the restrooms you could use to conserve your tanks if you don't want to end up dumping while there.
Brian - Thanks for sharing your Rolex experience. Gives me a little more comfort and less anxiety about our upcoming visit. Good luck trying to get an infield spot next year - I've heard they're pretty tough to get, but since you have been there once already you get preference over those who have never gone.

Planning now to go to the Clemson and Wake Forest games. We stay in the D lot, usually D-64. Look forward to meeting you and comparing notes if you are there then.
Semituff810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2020, 11:03 AM   #16

Be prepared for loud construction type generators running all night
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 06:51 PM   #17

as far as freshwater, I bring a 30 gallon barrel with me. I went to Harbor freight and bought a cheap pump that operates on 12 V. The pump has hose connections both on the suction and discharge. I made a PVC pipe that can go down to the bottom of the barrel and then with the proper connections connect it to the suction side of the pump. On the discharge side you just run your hose to your camper or motorhome. I extended the wire leads that come off the pump so that they could reach my battery in the jeep. installed a set of small alligator clips to make the connections easy. It works very efficiently. I can go to the Spicket as much as I want to fill the barrel up. As far as the gray water I just use my sewer tote and when it fills up I just go dump it at the dump station. If the black tank does fill there is a truck that typically goes around that you can give them about $20 and Will empty your tanks. Good luck and have a blast!!
JohnnieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 06:57 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semituff810 View Post
Brian - Thanks for sharing your Rolex experience. Gives me a little more comfort and less anxiety about our upcoming visit. Good luck trying to get an infield spot next year - I've heard they're pretty tough to get, but since you have been there once already you get preference over those who have never gone.

Planning now to go to the Clemson and Wake Forest games. We stay in the D lot, usually D-64. Look forward to meeting you and comparing notes if you are there then.

We are up for every home game. We are always in B-33 parked next to another Newmar (MountainAire) who we are good friends with. Feel free to stop by anytime. I also plan on going to WVU game in Atlanta with the coach Labor Day weekend at Mercedes Dome as we did it for the Alabama game a few years ago & had a good time.

Have fun at the 500!
Previous: 2010 Tiffin Allegro Red 38QBA
fsudelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 05:39 PM   #19

Would it be to late to find a rv spot for daytona,infield or something close? Never been camping there.
Thanks
Mr Nuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 05:34 AM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
You should call them.
Semituff810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 06:10 AM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Nuck View Post
Would it be to late to find a rv spot for daytona,infield or something close? Never been camping there.
Thanks

Go on their website (Daytona Geico parking). I looked a few days ago & there were still quite a few spots available to my surprise.
Old 02-09-2020, 06:13 AM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
http://www.daytonainternationalspeed...O-Camping.aspx
Old 02-09-2020, 07:55 AM   #23

Camping at Daytona Speedway for the 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsudelt View Post
Well my 1st race bringing the coach to is in the books and all I can say is I'm hooked.....

How was the race viewing? Is there plenty of fence side viewing without having to infringe on others in the infield camping area? Some of the other tracks i go to make sure to have some good track side viewing and was wondering if it is the same down there.

I am thinking of making the trek down from Ohio to finally get to see this race live.
Old 02-09-2020, 06:27 PM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrons31 View Post
How was the race viewing? Is there plenty of fence side viewing without having to infringe on others in the infield camping area? Some of the other tracks i go to make sure to have some good track side viewing and was wondering if it is the same down there.

I am thinking of making the trek down from Ohio to finally get to see this race live.

Yes we spent 100% of our time in the infield & the majority of that time was spent fence side viewing along the horseshoe. There have you separated by a fence from the coaches parked in the same area so you do not feel like you are infringing at all. I’d highly recommend making it down for it if you can, it’s an amazing weekend of racing. At night is especially fun as the crowds get smaller & security more lax so you can get right up on pit row!Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8539.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	436.2 KB
ID:	274735
Old 02-09-2020, 06:41 PM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Here’s another daytime fence watching in horseshoeClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8523.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	586.3 KB
ID:	274737Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8531.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	613.6 KB
ID:	274738
Old 02-16-2020, 05:03 PM   #26

Ernie & Kriste,
Hows the 500 weekend going? We were excited to watch today but the weather had a different plan. I’ve always wanted to make it to camp at the Daytona 500 but have yet to work it into our travel schedule.
Old 02-16-2020, 05:30 PM   #27

As far as water goes, catch the rainwater that's falling....
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 06:23 PM   #28

I checked back on this as well to see if you had a good time and no big issues other than what you can't control. The weather...... Sorry ya'll had the postponement.

Are you staying for Monday?

Tags
camping