Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-21-2019, 06:00 PM   #43

No damage.
First dump, then auto level.
Michel Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2019, 08:39 PM   #44

Send a message via ICQ to Farfman Send a message via AIM to Farfman
That is what you should do. Dump the bags. That makes the coach stable and lowers the coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olroache View Post
Sometimes when the coach is leveled on the jacks the entrance step is very high. Will it cause any damage if I dumped the air and let the coach sit lower like that for 1-3 days?

Thanks
Orville

2009 DutchAire DP 44ft
Cummins 425hp
Spartan
Farfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 06:14 AM   #45

Yes first dump then level.

If you don't have a parking brake lock clip you could end up like this guy did due to his dog which thankfully happened on a Front Engine Diesel Simba and not a rear engine coach. Being a fishing tournament there was a camera crew there to catch all this. Today with all the YouTubers out there its getting harder to keep your mistakes private.

Short Version:

Long Version:
Old 03-22-2019, 07:04 AM   #46

Monaco Owners Club
Thor Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranquil Jim View Post
We carry one of these for those occasions where a site is not level and the fold-out step it too far off the ground for comfortable access.

https://www.amazon.com/Aluminum-Plat...75218457&psc=1

TJ
The one advertised doesn’t look like the leg length can be changed. There is one available that appears to be the same but each leg is adjustable to four different lengths. That gives you more flexibility in height plus you can accommodate uneven ground more easily.

https://www.amazon.com/Folding-Adjus...-1-spons&psc=1

Ed
‘05 HR Ambassador
neoflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 07:07 AM   #47

Monaco Owners Club
Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olroache View Post
Sometimes when the coach is leveled on the jacks the entrance step is very high. Will it cause any damage if I dumped the air and let the coach sit lower like that for 1-3 days?

Thanks
Orville

2009 DutchAire DP 44ft
Cummins 425hp
Spartan
What does your manual say? Hopefully it isn’t as confusing as mine where it doesn’t mention dumping in the main instructions but says to dump in instructions for dry camping.

Ed
‘05 Ambassador
neoflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 10:45 AM   #48

Bags should automatically dump air when you start levelling at least that is how HWH system works.
lesf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 08:29 PM   #49

Texas Boomers Club
When my American Eagle levels it automatically dumps all the air, then levels from the no air in bags position.
Glensouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 05:20 AM   #50

There are a lot of people here with different brand coaches, but I believe any with HWH jacks will be the same. The system WILL dump the bags automatically before the leveling process starts, BUT, sometimes it doesn't get all the air out, therefore not reaching the lowest starting point for leveling. That's why I always dump the bags manually and wait for the air release to stop before actuating the auto level. BTW, the guy in that video didn't just have the parking brake release, I guess the dog also put the coach in in reverse (backup lights were on). Now we need a lockable cover for the shifter??
lostinfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 08:01 AM   #51

We always dump air first then manually level.
AdmiralRVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 12:40 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinfla View Post
There are a lot of people here with different brand coaches, but I believe any with HWH jacks will be the same. The system WILL dump the bags automatically before the leveling process starts, BUT, sometimes it doesn't get all the air out, therefore not reaching the lowest starting point for leveling. That's why I always dump the bags manually and wait for the air release to stop before actuating the auto level. BTW, the guy in that video didn't just have the parking brake release, I guess the dog also put the coach in in reverse (backup lights were on). Now we need a lockable cover for the shifter??
Or don’t do stupid things just to make a video

Zzotte
Old 03-23-2019, 07:20 PM   #53

I also like that fancy parking brake lock, but I just use a clothes pin (custom stained and clear coated, of course) to keep the little paws from send my coach into a free ride. Yes, I dump the air bags when parking for camping or long term (storage). Less wear & tear on them, plus the jacks don’t have travel as far to contact the ground. Plus, if one wheel is really off kilter then you’ll appriciate the extra extending versus tossing blocks under it.
Jchemie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, camping