Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-10-2015, 09:32 PM   #1

Cancelling 2015 order and wait for 2016

With all the new changes I was wondering how many might be cancelling their 2015 order or just deciding to wait to order a 2016? I was told that you could make changes to your order for several weeks after signing the order form but as soon as you signed the order and made the deposit the coach was yours, period, so not sure what or how you would cancel an order. Just stuck with it I guess. The hazard of ordering late in the year.
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2015, 09:45 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
We ordered a 2014. We requested a later delivery date because of some health issues.

When we got our unit we found the manufacturer had titled it as a 2015. We paid the 2014 price and still got a years warranty.

Unlike car manufacturers many RV manufacturers do a progressive change of items and features near the end/beginning of the model year. We have many of the 2015 features but have the 2014 colors we like.
Old 05-10-2015, 11:15 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonmaster2 View Post
With all the new changes I was wondering how many might be cancelling their 2015 order or just deciding to wait to order a 2016? I was told that you could make changes to your order for several weeks after signing the order form but as soon as you signed the order and made the deposit the coach was yours, period, so not sure what or how you would cancel an order. Just stuck with it I guess. The hazard of ordering late in the year.

It took us 2 years to find the perfect coach for us. It certainly isn't a million dollar coach. Heck...we can't afford the KA, Essex, or the DS. That said, to us...our Ventana (VTDP) is OUR million dollar coach. We won't be chasing the new technology...because new things are always on the horizon.

To answer the OP...We will not cancel our 2015. It goes to Chassis Prep At the end of the month. We are excited beyond belief.

2015 Newmar Ventana 3636 (on order), Cummins ISB,
2014 JKU Wrangler, SMI AF1, Blue Ox
HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 08:16 AM   #4

I wouldn't, when we ordered we accepted that changes will always continue.
Old 05-11-2015, 08:21 AM   #5
RV Nut

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonmaster2 View Post
If I could, I would. I just got my 2015 Ventana 6 weeks ago. I would LOVE to have the passive steer TAG axle. Kinda bugs me that I don't. If I hadn't taken possession yet, I would cancel just for that option alone.

2015 Newmar Ventana 4037 - All Electric
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon TOAD
newmarpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 08:54 AM   #6

Hey Everyone,

Good morning to you all! We find ourselves in the same position as Wagonmaster and with the 2016 Build sheet in front of me, I can see why a person might consider it. We were actually just about to finalize a deal on a fantastic 2015 when this crept into the picture. Frankly to me, the 2015 is all we need, yes the steerable tag, the egress door and the new chassis look interesting but I was really wondering if this is just a great time to get a better deal on a great 2015? I realize this one of those "personal taste" questions, maybe not even a question as much as a statement!
The real question: is there that much to improve on the XCR chassis? How did we gain #5000 more lbs of towing capacity? Did they upgrade the transmission to a 4000? It seems that Newmar has the full wall slide figured out and no one else really does that, Is there issues that required the change to HWH? These would be the main issues effecting us changing our minds. What do you folks think??
Thanks,

Jeff and Lynn
Jeff426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 09:24 AM   #7

There is always room for improvement. More bracing in the frame (I think) has more to do with the change to the full wall slide, then anything else. Nobody else is tiling the floor on full wall slides.

Think about it: 27 feet of box with one whole side left off and now it can't flex. That's a pretty ridged set up.
Old 05-11-2015, 09:26 AM   #8

On the towing: Newmar de-rated the Dutch Star and Ventanna. The hitch has always been a 15,000 lbs hitch.

Was a silly thing to do in my opinion, gland they came to their senses on it.
Old 05-11-2015, 10:08 AM   #9

Thanks John for your perspective on this. I just don't know, we're moving to the Dutch Star for the first time, they seem awesome to me!

Jeff
Jeff426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 11:46 AM   #10

They have my wife and I raising our eyebrows.

The 14s had us saying, those are nice.

15s gave us the WOW

16s threw in upgrades to the guts

Put them all together and now we don't dare look at it in person. I might be ordering one.😍
Old 05-12-2015, 01:12 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I am with PDR John on this one. Thank goodness there are no new units near us now or anytime soon. My wife already made the comment, Wow!!!
KenNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 08:38 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I agree with PDR John. The 2016 is really a very tempting coach. I really want more details in the FWS and how it compares to the version of the flat floor design HWH has used for years in the foretravel and other coaches.

Curious if it is a flat floor when the slide is in.
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote