Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-21-2016, 06:20 PM   #1

Canyon Star 3710...One Step Closer

So I've been looking at a couple of them. One in Manteca CA, and the other in Moorepark CA. One line, Moorepark quoted me a price that was waaay below MSRV. Around 30% lower. It was a 2017 model. Manteca had a 2016 model which was $5,500 less. Pretty much the same MoHo. But didn't have reclining 6-way passenger seat, no Satellite dish, and no front TV. We liked the colors of the 2016 better. We talked and talked and talked (About 4 1/2 hours of talking), and the end result is he offered me a 2017 at the same price as Moorepark with the same options. Also 1% less on financing. But he didn't have a 2017. Ahh, he says he has 3 build dates coming up. We reserved the one in December. We have to go back and iron out the details, and pick exactly what we want as far as other options and colors, but I know what I'll pay out the door, and I'm pretty sure he does too. We think it was a long but productive day.

This gives me time to repair small stuff on the Vacationer and sell it. This part shouldn't be a problem. It's still an exceptional MH inside and out. Bring on the debt!!!!!
B Dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2016, 06:57 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Dubya View Post
So I've been looking at a couple of them. One in Manteca CA, and the other in Moorepark CA. One line, Moorepark quoted me a price that was waaay below MSRV. Around 30% lower. It was a 2017 model. Manteca had a 2016 model which was $5,500 less. Pretty much the same MoHo. But didn't have reclining 6-way passenger seat, no Satellite dish, and no front TV. We liked the colors of the 2016 better. We talked and talked and talked (About 4 1/2 hours of talking), and the end result is he offered me a 2017 at the same price as Moorepark with the same options. Also 1% less on financing. But he didn't have a 2017. Ahh, he says he has 3 build dates coming up. We reserved the one in December. We have to go back and iron out the details, and pick exactly what we want as far as other options and colors, but I know what I'll pay out the door, and I'm pretty sure he does too. We think it was a long but productive day.

This gives me time to repair small stuff on the Vacationer and sell it. This part shouldn't be a problem. It's still an exceptional MH inside and out. Bring on the debt!!!!!
I would call Tom Lindstrom back and ask him to match it. He's a great dealer who will take better care of you than most other dealers. Give him the opportunity.
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 07:09 PM   #3

Tom is the one I got the quote from. That was his best deal. Manteca Trailer and Motorhome matched it and beat it. 70 miles away vs 420 miles away. Often it's unfair to say, but I think it's a buyers market when dealing with new MHs. Who knows, this might fall thru and I'll be back to square one.
Old 09-21-2016, 07:17 PM   #4

Quote:
Tom is the one I got the quote from. That was his best deal. Manteca Trailer and Motorhome matched it and beat it. 70 miles away vs 420 miles away. Often it's unfair to say, but I think it's a buyers market when dealing with new MHs. Who knows, this might fall thru and I'll be back to square one.
Yes, I knew by the address that Tom gave you the other quote. Did you ask him to match it?
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 07:21 PM   #5

No, but when I say 'Beat it', it wasn't by much. Plus he's a lot further away and we get to design our own brand new. Nothing against Tom. Dealers do what they can do. Still gotta make a profit. And 2.99 percent saves us 47 dollars a month over 15 years....which will probably only be 7 years if you knew my wife. Finance charge is a really bad ord!
Old 09-22-2016, 06:20 AM   #6

I am working with 2 dealers in FL for a 3710. One was 20% off MSRP and the other 25% of MSRP. But I am also doing a trade so that may be the difference.
I would travel to buy but CA is a little bit too far.
Any thoughts where I can get a '17 at 30% MSRP somewhere closer to me?
Old 09-22-2016, 06:43 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by computerguy View Post
I am working with 2 dealers in FL for a 3710. One was 20% off MSRP and the other 25% of MSRP. But I am also doing a trade so that may be the difference.
I would travel to buy but CA is a little bit too far.
Any thoughts where I can get a '17 at 30% MSRP somewhere closer to me?
What dealers you talking to in FL? We just ordered a Dutch Star and solicited bids from Northtrail & Independence. Independence came in with their lowest price up front without having to haggle, Northtrail took some going back & forth so we ended up going with Independence as they are also only 20 min away. I don't want to publicize their offer for respect of them but it was very fair & on high end of % of MSRP people have spoke on here of. If you want a contact let me know as our sales guy has been great & very low key.
Previous: 2010 Tiffin Allegro Red 38QBA
fsudelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 07:15 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsudelt View Post
What dealers you talking to in FL? We just ordered a Dutch Star and solicited bids from Northtrail & Independence. Independence came in with their lowest price up front without having to haggle, Northtrail took some going back & forth so we ended up going with Independence as they are also only 20 min away. I don't want to publicize their offer for respect of them but it was very fair & on high end of % of MSRP people have spoke on here of. If you want a contact let me know as our sales guy has been great & very low key.
I am in Tampa. Independence is on my list as is Tampa RV. I sent an email to NorthTrail but never heard back.
Old 09-23-2016, 06:58 AM   #9

Quote:

Congrats, we really like that floor plan and have been discussing trading.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote