Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-24-2016, 12:28 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Spartan Chassis
Canyon Star Couch Arm Extender

My 2017 Canyon Star couch has a motorized extender that has operating switches on the wall. One to extend the arm out and the other to unfold the seat and back. It doesn't operate and the reason I believe is because a strap that trips a microswitch tells the system the back is down, or not, has fallen off at the base of the seat. Nearly inaccessible with the arm in the stowed position.I don't want to bring it back to my dealer and I am scheduled to go to Camp Newmar the end of March - so it will be fixed among a small list of other things - but was wondering if anyone has had this issue and if there is a way to manually operate. Thanks and have happy holidays!
Russ - USN SWO (ret) - 2018 Dutch Star 4369 Spartan Chassis a Road Glide CVO & Dyna Switchback in an Iron horse trailer or a Jeep Unlimited Alliance Valor 40V13 toyhauler (on order) with Harley CVO ROad Glide and Dyna Switchback in the garage, pulled by a F350 DRW
Russtj60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-24-2016, 06:46 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Happy Holidays, we have not had any issues with our couch other than its not very comfortable.
Old 12-25-2016, 10:43 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by psi500 View Post
Happy Holidays, we have not had any issues with our couch other than its not very comfortable.
Agreed especially in the Conner! Not sure what they were thinking , it's totally different then than the rest of the seating surface.
Entegra 2025 Cornerstone 45D on order
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 12:08 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart W View Post
Agreed especially in the Conner! Not sure what they were thinking , it's totally different then than the rest of the seating surface.
LOL, dang spell check: Conner= corner lol
Entegra 2025 Cornerstone 45D on order
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 04:56 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Spartan Chassis
I got to the bottom of my problem concerning the couch extension with the help of Newmar and Flexsteel. First, the customer support at Newmar for my CS is superb and I am looking forward to my visit at Camp Newmar to repair warranty issues that I would not trust the dealership to accomplish. Sad to say, i spent a few bucks more locally thinking I would have readily available customer support, but that has proven not to be the case.
There are two places the extension can be manually released from the motor drive. The first is a handle at front of the couch (underneath). The second is where the cable that is attached to the front release handle attaches to a bar at the motor. In my case, there was too much slack in the cable to manually lift the bar relaease with the handle, So I went directly to the lifting bar at the motor and pulled. The couch extension was now free to move. Important to know, since the couch extension must be in the stowed position to bring the slide in. My issue was the strap at the back of the couch extendsion back had become disconnected (bent) and a bad microswitch that acts as a permissive for the system to operate. I incuded some pictures. Solution will be replace the microswitch and strap. Hope this helps in the event anyone else has the problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Couchextender.png
Views:	66
Size:	170.9 KB
ID:	147621   Click image for larger version

Name:	couch1.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	292.2 KB
ID:	147622  

Click image for larger version

Name:	couch2.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	217.4 KB
ID:	147623  
Russ - USN SWO (ret) - 2018 Dutch Star 4369 Spartan Chassis a Road Glide CVO & Dyna Switchback in an Iron horse trailer or a Jeep Unlimited Alliance Valor 40V13 toyhauler (on order) with Harley CVO ROad Glide and Dyna Switchback in the garage, pulled by a F350 DRW
Russtj60 is offline   Reply With Quote