Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-10-2018, 09:23 PM   #1

Captain chairs and sofas

I reasonly purchased a 2012 Ventana and the captains chairs and sofas all are peeling the leather from the seats. Newmar only wants to cover half the cost for the materials and I pay the other half. If there is a defect shouldn’t they cover it all has anyone else dealt with this?
JELLIS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-10-2018, 09:25 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JELLIS1 View Post
I reasonly purchased a 2012 Ventana and the captains chairs and sofas all are peeling the leather from the seats. Newmar only wants to cover half the cost for the materials and I pay the other half. If there is a defect shouldn’t they cover it all has anyone else dealt with this?
Really? Newmar will cover any of the cost of a 7 year old , second owner coach?

I'm impressed if they will...
Old 12-11-2018, 03:31 AM   #3

There have been some issues reported with the material flaking or peeling, some after just 2 or 3 years. As old as your coach is I would be pretty happy with them going half way.
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 04:10 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_Watkins View Post
Really? Newmar will cover any of the cost of a 7 year old , second owner coach?

I'm impressed if they will...

Take the offer and don't look back.
Old 12-11-2018, 05:10 AM   #5

Captain chairs and sofas

Quote:

When you say “half the cost of material” is that for covers only or replacement of the furniture? If covered only, you can buy that directly from Flexsteel for a lot less money.

Which ever direction, you need to upgrade to the real Ultra Leather
material that will last much longer. This is what I did on a 5 year old coach and yes Newmar will stand behind their product for customer satisfaction.
Old 12-12-2018, 09:51 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
We have a 2013 Ventana, did they say that they would pay half for both the New Material AND the Labor?
Old 12-12-2018, 07:02 PM   #7

Could we see pictures of the damage?

I have a 2014 and other than a little wear I very happy.. I would like to see the pictures so I would know what to keep an eye out for...
Old 12-12-2018, 08:53 PM   #8

My 2015 Dutch Star did that within 2-3 months of being new. Newmar replaced all the furniture.
Old 12-13-2018, 04:52 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWWW View Post
We have a 2013 Ventana, did they say that they would pay half for both the New Material AND the Labor?
No just materials
Old 12-13-2018, 04:57 AM   #10

Thank you

Quote:
Thanks for the info... I’ve contact Flexsteel and they want me to send them pics of Company Label and chairs not certain what they are going to do. But I will update status. And I will post pics for others to see.
Old 12-13-2018, 05:01 AM   #11

You can find the Flexsteel tag under your captain chairs tucked between the cushion and springs. That will give you the seat style, material and the Newmar PO number.
Old 12-13-2018, 11:28 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Smile

Quote:
Thanks for the info... I’ve contact Flexsteel and they want me to send them pics of Company Label and chairs not certain what they are going to do. But I will update status. And I will post pics for others to see.
That sounds promising, Let's hope for the best.
Old 12-13-2018, 11:48 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by lass View Post
You can find the Flexsteel tag under your captain chairs tucked between the cushion and springs. That will give you the seat style, material and the Newmar PO number.
That's true ----my 2004 had this information !!
Old 12-13-2018, 06:29 PM   #14

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by lass View Post
Lass
That what Flexsteel said I will look there for the numbers they need. I know the chairs and furniture is Flexsteel by the label on the chairs.

Tags
air