Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-07-2018, 04:27 PM   #127

Newmar Owners Club
Just so happened I pulled down a PDF last night -

Ohio Turnpike East Bound:
  • Tiffin River (Milepost 20.8)
  • Wyandot (Milepost 76.9)
  • Vermilion Valley (Milepost 139.5)
  • Brady's Leap (Milepost 197)

West Bound:
  • Portage (Milepost 197)
  • Middle Ridge (Milepost 139.5)
  • Bue Heron (Milepost 76.9)
  • Indian Meadow (Milepost 20.8)
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2018, 04:28 PM   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
Just so happened I pulled down a PDF last night -

Ohio Turnpike East Bound:
  • Tiffin River (Milepost 20.8)
  • Wyandot (Milepost 76.9)
  • Vermilion Valley (Milepost 139.5)
  • Brady's Leap (Milepost 197)

West Bound:
  • Portage (Milepost 197)
  • Middle Ridge (Milepost 139.5)
  • Bue Heron (Milepost 769)
  • Indian Meadow (Milepost 20.8)
These are all RV friendly with power?
turbopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 04:28 PM   #129

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
We could start another thread on Newmar owners favorite apps. What I'm getting to is there is an app for this (rest areas) called Trucker Path (and probably more).
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 04:30 PM   #130

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranquil Jim View Post
My son is a former Washington State Trooper and my grandson is a city police officer; both forbid us from overnight stays in rest areas. The amount of criminal activity that takes place in them is beyond belief.

TJ
Which can start a whole other discussion on personal protection and firearms while traveling.
Old 08-07-2018, 04:34 PM   #131

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbopilot View Post
These are all RV friendly with power?
Yes, all have 50 amp, relatively level and a dump station. Pull in at any time and pay. It's been a while since I fit, but if memory serves me right, there is an automated machine, like in a parking lot, pay your money and put the receipt in your window.

I've used Brady's Leap quite a bit (40 foot limit) and used Blue Heron (40 foot limit) on our treks between PA and MI. Plan on using Indian Meadow next summer on way to Sturgis.

http://ohioturnpike.org/wp-content/u...eneralinfo.pdf
Old 08-07-2018, 04:34 PM   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranquil Jim View Post
My son is a former Washington State Trooper and my grandson is a city police officer; both forbid us from overnight stays in rest areas. The amount of criminal activity that takes place in them is beyond belief.

TJ
Some of the KOA's with "Good" ratings I stayed at on my recent trip had all the ambiance of a typical rest area. Plus side at the rest areas, many of the truckers are packing heat.
Old 08-07-2018, 04:35 PM   #133

Quote:
Me too. When enroute give me 50 amps, room for the slides, level ground and no pit bulls tethered to 20' travel trailers on blocks with 10 kids running around.

It is a dream unfortunately.
Actually......Chuck Woodbury, the editor of RV Travel Newsletter.....has been talking about developing exactly that type of strictly 'an overnight' facility catering to enroute travelers for quite some time.
(inexpensive....nothing but 30/50 amp....you get some sleep....move on)
Says he has been contacted by investors who are quite interested, ready and willing to begin.
Old 08-07-2018, 04:35 PM   #134

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post
We could start another thread on Newmar owners favorite apps. What I'm getting to is there is an app for this (rest areas) called Trucker Path (and probably more).
Yes, but does that call out RV friendly rest areas?
Old 08-07-2018, 04:36 PM   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
Yes, all have 50 amp, relatively level and a dump station. Pull in at any time and pay. It's been a while since I fit, but if memory serves me right, there is an automated machine, like in a parking lot, pay your money and put the receipt in your window.

I've used Brady's Leap quite a bit (40 foot limit) and used Blue Heron (40 foot limit) on our treks between PA and MI. Plan on using Indian Meadow next summer on way to Sturgis.

http://ohioturnpike.org/wp-content/u...eneralinfo.pdf
That is neat. You won't be finding this kind of accomodation West of the Mississippi in my experience.
Old 08-07-2018, 04:38 PM   #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneToTheDog View Post
Actually......Chuck Woodbury, the editor of RV Travel Newsletter.....has been talking about developing exactly that type of strictly 'an overnight' facility catering to enroute travelers for quite some time.
(inexpensive....nothing but 30/50 amp....you get some sleep....move on)
Says he has been contacted by investors who are quite interested, ready and willing to begin.
Give me a link. I would invest in this venture. Very much needed.
Old 08-07-2018, 04:44 PM   #137

Quote:
Give me a link. I would invest in this venture. Very much needed.

https://rvtravel.com
Old 08-07-2018, 05:25 PM   #138

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgfox54 View Post
I would add Bella Terra of Gulf Shores, Alabama and Deer Creek Motorcoach Resort in Galax, VA to the list as well. Both 5 star places

Do not forget Buena Vista in Orange Beach, Alabama.
lakebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 05:36 PM   #139

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
That is neat. You won't be finding this kind of accomodation West of the Mississippi in my experience.
I found an updated PDF - 40' limit is at all sites - Liking my New Aire more and more

http://www.ohioturnpike.org/docs/def...7.pdf?sfvrsn=2
Old 08-07-2018, 06:01 PM   #140

Quote:
The parks would be gated with online registration and payment. Book your site on line, get a gate code and site code unique to the site you booked which would activate utilities.

By cutting out the normal RV park frills (not really required by most Class A coaches enroute) and making the parks fully automated, the cost associated with day to day operation would be very low. Securing the parks with video monitors and gate access would be a major draw for Class A users. These parks would also be a draw to Class A users who want to securely park their Class A coach while touring the local area in their Toad.
Let's see, getting locked inside by an impregnable gate and walls (with razor wire on top?) sure sounds like a great way to enjoy a vacation out away from a secure enclave back home. Maybe the exclusive park could hire some "folksy" actors to impersonate stereotype locals for entertainment value. That would be great for laughs without actually having to interface with "those kind of people". At night they could be hired to be armed security guards. Yup, sure seems like a plan for getting out to explore the real America all figured out! Be sure to keep those toad doors locked when venturing out to visit the local sights!

Tags
class a