Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-07-2018, 01:19 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post

Turbo - is there any automated way of sorting the campgrounds in each section by name?
Not seeing that option. All done using mymaps.google.com.
turbopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2018, 01:26 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheridany View Post
This map is truly terrific. How can it become a sticky item? Thank you turbopilot for your efforts in creating and all the other contributors with suggestions.

We have a new one in Paso Robles along with Vines (already on the map) but I have not been there yet but I hear from others it is quite good and brand new. Cava Robles.
I knew nothing about it. Just down the street. So new it shows up as a vacant lot on Google maps. Added it to the map. Will go out and take a look.

https://www.suncommunities.com/commu...les-rv-resort/
Old 08-07-2018, 01:27 PM   #101

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbopilot View Post
Not seeing that option. All done using mymaps.google.com.
Did a quick google on it, seems like a common question. Here is one discussion about it which I haven't read entirely.

https://productforums.google.com/for...s/LmeoEdOcZ20J
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 01:32 PM   #102

Quote:
Did a quick google on it, seems like a common question. Here is one discussion about it which I haven't read entirely.

https://productforums.google.com/for...s/LmeoEdOcZ20J
Send me a message with your email address and I will add you as editor too. Maybe you can find a way.
Old 08-07-2018, 01:39 PM   #103

Quote:
Send me a message with your email address and I will add you as editor too. Maybe you can find a way.
Neil, you are now an editor. Feel free to and new RV parks if you like.
Old 08-07-2018, 01:40 PM   #104

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Cool, thanks. Looking up coords for Stuart's house!
Old 08-07-2018, 01:40 PM   #105

Quote:
Cool, thanks. Looking up coords for Stuart's house!
Great idea. I am sure he will like the company.
Old 08-07-2018, 01:42 PM   #106

Neil if you look under "Layer Options" you can open a data table and sort the entries but it does not save back to the map.
Old 08-07-2018, 01:44 PM   #107

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Neil if you look under "Layer Options" you can open a data table and sort the entries but it does not save back to the map.
Okay, I read the article I posted too and it looks like you dump it, sort it, reimport to a new map, not an option as your URL is shared. It may just take some elbow grease to drag and drop them.

I was looking how you set the icons for the layers/styles too. Just going to learn what you've done first, never used mymaps. Cool stuff.
Old 08-07-2018, 01:45 PM   #108

Quote:
Okay, I read the article I posted too and it looks like you dump it, sort it, reimport to a new map, not an option as your URL is shared. It may just take some elbow grease to drag and drop them.

I was looking how you set the icons for the layers/styles too. Just going to learn what you've done first, never used mymaps. Cool stuff.
The only option I see is import. No export. Yes, you can sort manually. Lots of work.
Old 08-07-2018, 01:51 PM   #109

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
The only option I see is import. No export. Yes, you can sort manually. Lots of work.
On the very top node / title of your maps, click the vertical dots on the right and you can export to KML. You can then import this into Google Earth. I just did it. You have to enable KML Import in the Google Earth settings.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	google-earth.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	279.4 KB
ID:	214268  
Old 08-07-2018, 01:54 PM   #110

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Just an experiment in exporting, not required for anything other than that article leading down this path as an option for sorting. Sometimes Google overlooks the obvious, hopefully they'll add sorting to the nodes.
Old 08-07-2018, 01:58 PM   #111

Quote:
Just an experiment in exporting, not required for anything other than that article leading down this path as an option for sorting. Sometimes Google overlooks the obvious, hopefully they'll add sorting to the nodes.
Feel free to try it. Just keep the original export in case something blows up. The problem is it will require repeated sorts as new locations are added.
Old 08-07-2018, 01:59 PM   #112

Quote:
I knew nothing about it. Just down the street. So new it shows up as a vacant lot on Google maps. Added it to the map. Will go out and take a look.

https://www.suncommunities.com/commu...les-rv-resort/
Based on the map this is a very large high end resort. Will go take a look.

Tags
class a