Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-21-2022, 10:57 AM   #1

Cleaning Dryer vent ( outside )

2020 Ventana 4369 Splendide Dryer with outside vent.

I've been thru Newgle, owners manual, and searched here, but can't find any reference to being able to access the vent on the outside wall without removing the dryer. The outside cover seems to be one piece with caulking over the top and sides, so how do you clean this vent ?

thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2022, 02:52 PM   #2

You would have to cut it loose outside and pull out the vent. Do you see any lint under the flap?
Bobby Dowdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 03:02 PM   #3
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Unless you have a specific issue, I don't see a need to service it. We ran the one in our 2014 DS for five years and in our current coach for three years without an issue.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 03:06 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Like Don says, no need to remove it unless the flap is broke. If it's not closing all the way, from the outside just remove the lint on the flap and it's edges and corners.
Dutchstar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 07:24 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Dowdle View Post
You would have to cut it loose outside and pull out the vent. Do you see any lint under the flap?
Yes, I removed the lint that I could access from the outside, but it wasn't much. I can see the plastic screen, but I can't tell if there is a filter there, or if it's lint that I can see.
Old 08-22-2022, 07:26 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
Unless you have a specific issue, I don't see a need to service it. We ran the one in our 2014 DS for five years and in our current coach for three years without an issue.
The issue is my wife said the dryer is taking a lot longer to dry clothes, leading me to believe the vent is/could be stopped up.
Old 08-22-2022, 07:34 AM   #7

I noticed my vent full of lint too. The way I ended up cleaning it was to blow air in (with the shop vac) while the dryer was running. The lint then came flying out like confetti.
Old 08-22-2022, 07:41 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSuper View Post
The issue is my wife said the dryer is taking a lot longer to dry clothes, leading me to believe the vent is/could be stopped up.
When running the dryer, check the air flow from outside the coach. Is the vent fully opening, (it can only open so far,) and is the air flow strong? On mine, there was a 4' length of vent pipe from the dryer to the vent itself.

You could also do what the other poster said, but in reverse. Blow air into the dryer screen at the back wall of the dryer, placing a cloth around the hose and covering most of the inside vent and see what comes out from the outside vent.
Old 09-02-2022, 06:18 PM   #9

I just pulled lint from the outside. Had quite a bit come out. Now I check more frequently. I also grab lint from inside the dryer in that bottom area when you take out the vent screen. There seems to be a build up down in there as you use it.
Old 09-02-2022, 06:50 PM   #10

Dryer Vent

Yearly, I take my shop vac and reduce the hose size about a third. I duct tape a smalled hose to the shop vac hose. I then run the hose into the dryer duct from outside the coach. I do get a fair share of lint out.
Robert T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 06:13 PM   #11

Since we are nearly fulltime. our washer/dryer get used nearly every day when in the coach. In addition to cleaning the lint screen and cavity that is accessible from the inside of the dryer, I occasionally use a leaf blower from the inside of the dryer as well as from the outside vent. Lots of additional lint is removed in the process. We have the Whirlpool which may be different from yours.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 10:22 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Just wanted to mention that the dryer hose, at least on my Dryer, was only held in place by a plastic tie strap, both ends. It could be very easy to dislodge it if not careful.
Old 09-05-2022, 07:26 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSuper View Post
Do you have a Splendide 2100XC Combo machine? If so, the reason for the poor drying is that the rubber boot inside the machine is full of wet lint. You will need to pull the machine and acess the boot by removing the lid and the back panel. Pull the rubber boot to fully clean it.

If you don't have a Splendide 2100XC, please disregard this information.

Matt
A-1 Mobile RV Services
A1RVTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 07:45 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Lint Cleaning Instructions for Splendide 2100XC

We have the 2100XC and after a while it will become less effective drying. We follow the instructions below once a month and all is good now. (When you first do them you may need to run the cycle set several times with cleaning lint in the drum between sets until you don't see any lint in the drum. We never had to do the Fall Back Procedure.)

PROCEDURE FOR CLEARING LINT
FROM MACHINE’S INTERIOR DUCT

1. Run the unit without clothes and with the dry time off on cycle # 11.
  2. When the water stops entering the unit push and hold the start button until all the lights come on then release the button.
  3. Next, move the cycle knob to cycle # 2 and press the start button once (do not hold).
  4. Let it run through that complete cycle.
  5. Do this twice.

If in frequent use, do this once each month to avoid buildup.

If the above treatment fails, try it again, adding a cup of white vinegar to break down the deposited soap and fabric softener.

FALL BACK PROCEDURE
IF THE ABOVE PROCEDURE FAILS

1. Pull the unit out and remove flexible exhaust duct.
  2. Pick out as much lint as you can from the air outlet on the back of the dryer.
  3. Put a garden hose in the outlet and blow the blockage into the washer.
  4. Run the washer on a short cycle. The blockage breaks up and goes out the drain.

Tags
vent