RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-11-2016, 02:41 PM   #1

Clear plastic line behind electric flush toilets

In trying to locate the source of the strange odor in our middle toilet on our 2015 4018 Dutch Star I noticed a clear plastic hose that connects about floor level, makes a big loop up about lid level then reconnects to what looks like an electric valve of some sort back about floor level.

However, instead of a nice smooth loop at the top like our rear toilet this one is kinked at the top of the loop. Whatever it is supposed to be doing I'm wondering how it can do it with that kink in it, kind of like how you can kink a garden hose to shut off the water flow.

Has anyone else looked behind both stools to see the condition of this clear plastic hose (does look like it has a web-like re-enforcement to it) and if the middle stool is kinked on theirs also?

Appreciate hearing any experience on this.

wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2016, 06:54 PM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
Sorry, can't help you with the hose, but if you are experiencing odor from the toilet you might also check the gasket which seals the waste ball that closes the toilet. After flushing, does the water slowly drain out of the bowl? If so, you will need to replace the seal -- not a fun job at all. My DW decided that the toilet stains needed to soak in bleach for awhile. Excellent way to destroy the gasket.

MD-Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 06:57 PM   #3

That would be the water line, mine makes a big loop no kinks. if yours is flushing the water pressure may be opening the kink just enough when it is calling for water. I have used small hose clamps to remove kinks temporally by placing them over the kink and tightening down a little.
David D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 07:22 PM   #4

I'll have to watch that kink during a flush. Maybe this is something that might close completely in a future time and should be brought to a techs attention while at Nappanee in August.
Thanks for that explanation. And I'll try the hose clamp suggestion.
Old 06-12-2016, 08:31 AM   #5

Wagon Master
When in August will you be there, my appointment is for August 8th.
David D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 10:09 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by David D. View Post
Wagon Master
When in August will you be there, my appointment is for August 8th.
Will be there August 22nd. Sorry so late replying but we're on vacation and the Wifi at the campground we just left was anything but reliable. I had no problem getting on the Wifi but it always said "No internet access" afterward. And when I did manage it would cut me off the Internet right in the middle of reading or writing a post.

Tags
toilet