Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2019, 04:53 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Clouded window

Pulled MH from under shed and parked it by the house. Noticed driver side window all cloudy. I cleaned both the inside and out and it did not go away. It says Hehr on top and Paragon in lower front. Located in SE Louisiana. Does this require a trip to Nappanne?
lakebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2019, 05:20 PM   #2

It sounds like you have a broken seal in your double pane window. Had the same thing happen. There are several companies that can fix it. Usually an overnight stay for the fix.
PaulTNaples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 09:26 PM   #3
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
In our area, it's about $200.00 per window to reseal. If you can pull it yourself, no need to take the coach out. While we were Quartszite this year, there was a mobile trailer parked on Main Street that was doing window repairs.....they were making a killing.

You ight even find a mobile guy that will pull it and then you can just drop it off.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 01:23 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Fogged windows are the dark horse of the RV industry, and also the housing industry. Southern exposure of the window to the sun causes the inner seals to fail due to heat and expansion.

First try to work with Newmar to see if they will replace the window, it will require a trip to the factory, but they can do other fixes while there too. They can just change out the whole window, see if they will cut you a deal if they won't fix as a customer appreciation. Once fixed, figure out a way to shield this window so it does not happen again. The south is hot, humid and did I say hot and humid, I know we live in GA.

2nd if that don't work, call A1 Coach Glass, Coburg, OR, there parent company makes all the windshields for busses and motorhomes so they have a long track record fixing windows. They have 3 facilities, Oregon, I-5, exit 199, Phoenix, AZ and on the Gulf Coast of Florida. Call them and see what they will charge to fix it.

But, you then have two choices, a lifetime warranty on a laminated glass fix for that window, or a 3 year warranty on a "double pane" repair. Some enterprising folks have fixed their windows themselves, and their might be a YouTube video on the process.

You can also check local automotive glass shops near you and see if they can do it, get some recommendations on others experiences for the local shops.

If it was me, and option 1 did not work, I would use A1 Coach glass, I have used them in the past for windshields which were broken, and they have great service and treat you correct and fair. You can do a search on the net to get their number.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 05:36 AM   #5

After asking Newmar for help a month ago with no response, I emailed back and the agent said, "Hehr will offer no help because of the age". I guess 3 years is too long to expect the windows to last.
lostinfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 06:18 AM   #6

I removed thr inner panes on the 3 windows i have to see thru to drive so i can clean both sides. Yes single pane will get damp inside at times but i now have a dehumidifier in the rig that helps a bunch.

Heres the thread if ur interested:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/chea...ix-426483.html
Old 03-20-2019, 09:01 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
David:
I repaired 4 windows on my old Monaco Camelot last year in a weekend. Its a bit of work, but not anything a normal DIYer can't do. As long as the glass has not been etched by the moisture, you can reuse it. I caught mine early enough and all I had to do was clean it.
You can purchase the spacer and sealant from CRL or Amazon. There are a few threads on IRV2 on the subject. Here is the thread I used.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/dont...ng-246255.html

If you have a steady hand, don't bother with the sealant guide. It's more trouble than its worth.

RV Geeks also have a video when they had a window repaired. Not a lot of information, but the method of tooling the sealant joint with a toilet paper roll is a good one.

I was able to do the entire job and have extra sealant and spacer for about $100.00.

Good luck,
Mike
MikeyG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
window