Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-31-2015, 10:43 AM   #1

Coach locks me out

Our 2006 MADP has electric baggage locks tied into a lock on the front door. It has the keyless entry that we have never used. The locks have taken to activating themselves lately. Twice I have been locked out. Luckily my wife was inside to let me back in. When we leave, we use the dead bolt to lock the door. I have hidden a key for the lower lock so that we can't get accidentally locked out. Any ideas?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-31-2015, 11:31 AM   #2

Do you have the remote fobs somewhere that the button is getting pushed?

You may need to reset the brain box, usually mounted on top of the steering column, under the dash.
Old 01-31-2015, 11:58 AM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
Don't forget to hide BOTH keys for the doorlock, it may come in very handy
when the deadbolt key is lost.
Siggy
siggyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 12:17 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDR John View Post
Do you have the remote fobs somewhere that the button is getting pushed?

You may need to reset the brain box, usually mounted on top of the steering column, under the dash.
We bought the rig a year ago, and we've never seen a remote. We also didn't get a code for the keyless entry. I'm considering disabling the door lock. The wife says that there's no way she's going to figure out how to get two locks open before a fire gets to her. She has a hard time getting out in the light of day with no reason to hurry.
Old 01-31-2015, 01:18 PM   #5

You should be able to unplug the brain box under the dash to disable the whole thing.
Old 01-31-2015, 01:43 PM   #6
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Eric....call Newmar and see if they have a keyless entry code. The initial code is written in the manual that came with the coach. You might look to see if you have the manual and if the code is there.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 05:12 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Maybe you can as mentioned in the manual "Clean the door contacts and make sure they are not bent, damaged, or improperly aligned"

Mine stop to respond until I played with these. The contact were not moving freely and I guest improper contact
Bleclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 07:59 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Had the exact same thing happen to our 07 MA after we replaced the exterior keypad.

After several conversations with Newmar here's what I found out:
1) The doors are locking due to RF Interference. The system is getting bombarded with a frequency that is near the "Lock" frequency.
2) There's 4 Ports on the Remote Sensor that can be programmed to handle 4 Key Fobs. If one of these Ports are not programmed it can "allow" other frequencies to trigger a Locking.
3) The "fix" for our situation was to Program all 4 Ports using our two different Fobs. That stopped the Locking issue for us.

If you aren't using the Keypad at all, then you may be able to simply pull the fuse and that should take care of it. However, this may also disable Door Locks and Bay Locks.

Call Newmar High Lines Customer Service at 866-463-9627