Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-21-2019, 05:52 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Coach Status Today

All - Got message from rep at Newmar in answer to an e-mail, that our coach is almost finished. Soon moving into the CQI Building. Figure by mid June we will have new one. Appreciate all of you who have put up with questions and comments in this forum. I have always believed we are in this together and by helping each other we spread joy and good will.

They also told me I could join newgle, so that is where I am off to now.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2019, 06:24 PM   #2

Sounds like it's gonna be fun time soon. I agree, Great forum with great people. Enjoy your new coach.
Old 05-29-2019, 04:34 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
All - Got pictures of MH finished, and sitting on the shipment line. The pictures are nice, wish I had seen more of it under construction, but oh well. The colors are exactly what I expected, they got the chairs instead of the couch, and they are turned backwards so you can walk between the slides. The kitchen table chairs are on the bed, hope they move them before it moves down the road. Got a strap we use now, it's coming with me to the new one, since I had to come up with it for the one I got now. So by end of month we should have new coach in possession. Now, if anyone reads this post and knows road conditions through IL, NB because of tornadoes and flooding, I would love an update. Getting across the MS river is bothering me, but have not heard of any problems with overpasses/bridges on the news.
Old 05-30-2019, 05:41 AM   #4

If you're coming from and going back to Washington, I would stay up north on I-94 or I-90. I know that I-29 in Iowa is still being repaired. The most recent news I've heard in the past 2 weeks is that it is still partially shut down north of Omaha. One lane traffic each way south of Omaha. So, if your route included I-29 to cut south to I-80 from I-90, I'd rethink that and do more research as to its exact status. As to crossing the Mississippi River, I've only crossed it on I-80 and US Hwy 36. I prefer the I-80 bridge.

Congratulations on the new coach! We need to see those pictures as proof your story!

As to the kitchen chairs, you may want to use various thicknesses of foam rubber as spacers so that they can ride (with the aid of bungee straps or Velcro straps) on top of the dinette table. We put our ottomans (we have the sofa) on the bed and put the chairs (bungeed together with protective foam rubber) at one end of the sofa.
Dizzee2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 11:10 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Congrats on your coach and if you need to find info not in Newgle you always have COM_NET used by dealers and many of us here for some more detailed information.
This link has many answers also plus links below in my signature.
PDI CHECK LIST
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 04:59 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Thank you 007. I will check them out. Newgle has been less than forthcoming, part of that is the way it is setup, first have to get used to the way info is organized, then teach myself how to use it. It is not organized very well in my opinion. Why don't they just arrange the informatin by coach model/year, and yes, lots of repeats, but way easier to figure out and use.

My coach will ship sometime after today within a few days to dealer. It's a 4 day trip, and no telling how long it might take with all the flooding and road closures possible.

I have some pictures I will attach to this posting so you can see some of it. This is a great forum. 007 and Dutch Star Don rule.

Oh, verified they did install the upgraded SkyPack 4 Antenna and router. My ssid will be "Trump is President" in case anyone see us in park along the way. Our plan is to leave once dealer calls and confirms safe arrival there. It will take us week to get to OR. Have not planned route yet, hoping WX will get better across heartland of USA. Does not look like Mother Nature is giving them break yet, and finally we are going to get some rain, which we badly need here in the SE. Route home to GA will be hopefully down to Yuma, AZ to pick up more stuff we left there, and then I-10; I-20 stopping in Monroe, LA to visit 90 YO aunt and home, again, WX dependent on road Conditions along plan.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1941.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	248525   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1952.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	248526  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1935.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	248527  
Old 06-04-2019, 06:38 PM   #7

that's a great SSID....

careful though, it might get you thrown out of some places !!!!
willipaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 08:48 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Previous Poster and another thread on this forum mentioned I-29 flooding, we were going to visit friends near Lincoln, NB, not sure we can get there. Our plan was to head north and west. Guess I will have to check each states DOT site to see what is open and what is closed, glad I got Wrangler Unlimited, great for rough spots in highways.

Unless GF brother proceeds her in final passage, this is my last trip west of NV/AZ. So not sure if any RV park would kick me out over SSID, someone may try to hack it, good luck, as I usually turn everything off when bed time. We only use PC a little while during day.
Old 06-06-2019, 11:36 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
All - Our coach is leaving factory today for dealer in OR. We will wait at home until he says it's arrived safe and sound, then leave and pickup. The roads through KS, are in a mess, if we go further north they don't look as bad, but we won't leave here before next week to be sure. The ones in the south are a mess as well.
Old 06-06-2019, 12:15 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Learn how to change that SSID just in case.
Old 06-06-2019, 01:17 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Nope, it stays the way I got it, because the 1st Amendment of the constitution says I have that right. If park gives me grief, the sheriff gets a call, then Judicial Watch second. I don't believe in "Safe Places for people who cannot deal with life". Life is what it is, if your parents did not equip you for it, that is not my problem, it's your problem. No parents are not perfect, mine sure as heck were not, but living life I learned everything I know using the Columbus method until I could afford to attend school, which I paid for, did not take out loans or anything else, worked during the day, and went at night. In fact been working since 11 years old. So they live with it or leave and find another place to park. My 10 years in the USN gives me that right. If this upsets anyone, well, you got to live with that too.
Old 06-06-2019, 05:38 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renipladlo View Post
Nope, it stays the way I got it, because the 1st Amendment of the constitution says I have that right. If park gives me grief, the sheriff gets a call, then Judicial Watch second. I don't believe in "Safe Places for people who cannot deal with life". Life is what it is, if your parents did not equip you for it, that is not my problem, it's your problem. No parents are not perfect, mine sure as heck were not, but living life I learned everything I know using the Columbus method until I could afford to attend school, which I paid for, did not take out loans or anything else, worked during the day, and went at night. In fact been working since 11 years old. So they live with it or leave and find another place to park. My 10 years in the USN gives me that right. If this upsets anyone, well, you got to live with that too.

Uh... I'm not sure where to begin so....

I doubt a camp ground would notice your SSID and I doubt they'd go to the trouble of tracking you down. That said, on their property it's their rules and if you don't like their rules you don't have to give them your money. Vote with your wallet and wheels. That said, the very conservative nature of most RVers and private RV facility owners is a clue that your SSID will probably get a warm welcome.

Your understanding of the First Amendment is flawed - it protects you from *the government* unduly restricting your speech or dictating what you say in your personal life. It does not give you carte blanche in the private sector, where you may enter into agreements that restrict your speech; as your participation is considered voluntary, law enforcement will not intervene if you decide you don't like the arrangement you agreed to. You can use civil law if you sustain a loss of some kind but the sheriff isn't going to intervene in your dispute unless threats are made or violence occurs.

As to the rest... it seems unnecessarily angry at people in advance of any perceived issues. You've got a nice new coach, enjoy it more and judge less.
Old 06-06-2019, 11:27 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
That's well said and spoken;, thank you!
Old 06-07-2019, 08:03 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Solo & All - That is a great post and yes you are correct with all you said. I/we are going to enjoy to road, and all the wonderful examples of nature and creation. We have already planned several trips including the one bringing it home. Dollywood, Possible Rally in Sep in LA, Family stuff, friends Anniversary/Birthday. I am looking forward to it. Reply took time, pc went bonkers. Not going to worry what folks think, and got to remember none of us are perfect. Decided to Fly to OR to get it, costs to drive vs fly are about the same.