Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-09-2019, 07:11 PM   #1

Common problem between two slideouts

Hi to all. On my 2006 Kountry Star 3778 gas Class A coming out from winterization and moving the coach around house from one side to the other most went well. Leveled out unit and put out rear bedroom slide OK. Went to put out main slide behind drivers seat and got nothing, no little lady warning about all the stuff the slide could hit. Tried to put in bedroom slide and it's a no go. Confirmed the slideout ign lockout fuse is good (metered) in fuse panel above steering wheel. Confirmed that power works on both sides of main slide in out rocker switch above doorway. Found voice control module
behind panel with only two wires attached to it marked as slide motor wires.
My main question , is where is the main slide out circuit board controller located as I can't find it. What I'm I missing that is common to both slides. BTW the rear bedroom slide wants to go out but not come back in. Help please ...
Quiet51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2019, 07:49 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I had a similar problem and went nuts searching the net for help. I did find the controls--they were on the bottom of the main slide on the passenger side. You have to view them from the basement compartment. My real help actually came from Rick in Customer Service at Newmar. He walked me though how to reset my controller so I could get my slide back in.
Tetonchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 10:04 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Sense it's been sitting awhile are the batteries charged? Did you connect to shore power or start generator?
Old 05-09-2019, 10:38 PM   #4

Good points, yes to both, on 50A shore power and tried on gen power also. The lady still won't talk to me. Maybe a ground problem but I have not found all of them especially the master ground point that I've read about.
Old 05-10-2019, 03:59 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet51 View Post
Good points, yes to both, on 50A shore power and tried on gen power also. The lady still won't talk to me. Maybe a ground problem but I have not found all of them especially the master ground point that I've read about.

Not sure about a gasser but my slide controllers (4 slides, 4 controllers) are mounted on the vehicle frame rails ... 2 on each side of vehicle .... accessible from baggage compartments. I do not have a "single" ground. I have multiple grounds. Some are near the starter.
Old 05-10-2019, 01:08 PM   #6

Slide problem solved

Went looking all over for a printed circuit board slide controllers, none to be found, traced motor wiring back and got into big bundle of wires that ended up in a bank of six 40 amp relays beside fresh water tank drain. All relays were coated in green slime and dull contacts. Replaced all relays and the lady talks again. Both slides now working correctly. Thanks for your help.

Brian ...

Tags
problem, slide, slideout