Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-17-2019, 12:47 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Thumbs up Compact Electric Pressure Washer for RVing

I gave my Stanley SLP2050 pressure washer a chance but I had a few issues during my recent wash and ordered a new pressure washer for the RV to do a better job keeping'er clean while traveling. Per a long discussion of the Road Wave system not long ago and breaking down what's in that package, I decided to order the AR630 from Amazon. It came today and I am impressed with how compact it is! I haven't used it yet but the specs look good and it's a solid and heavy bugger so I think it's going to be a good one. Here are a few pics to give you a size reference. This is going to work great for my in my RV storage and keeping a pressure washing and small DI rinse tank on the road.

Annovi Reverberi AR630 Pressure Washer, Standard Blue
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0270.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	386.2 KB
ID:	242435   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0271.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	342.0 KB
ID:	242436  

NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-17-2019, 02:34 PM   #2
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post
I gave my Stanley SLP2050 pressure washer a chance but I had a few issues during my recent wash and ordered a new pressure washer for the RV to do a better job keeping'er clean while traveling. Per a long discussion of the Road Wave system not long ago and breaking down what's in that package, I decided to order the AR630 from Amazon. It came today and I am impressed with how compact it is! I haven't used it yet but the specs look good and it's a solid and heavy bugger so I think it's going to be a good one. Here are a few pics to give you a size reference. This is going to work great for my in my RV storage and keeping a pressure washing and small DI rinse tank on the road.

Nice, compact unit, Neal. The only drawback I see is that it has "WORK" written all over it. Not good in my book.

TJ
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 03:07 PM   #3

nice

nice setup Having that DI tank is going to make the process a whole lot easier too.
2017 Prevost Marathon #1250
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk w/AF1 and Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow System
Orinda, CA
sheridany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 03:13 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
65 lbs? That’s heavy. Must be good.
Buly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 07:21 AM   #5

The little pistons can stay full of water even disconnected. Don't forget to winterize too.Thanks for sharing
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 08:06 AM   #6

I took an interest in this post when I first saw it but didn't have anything to add so I've been quietly lurking. However, this weekend my stupid Subaru pressure washer from Costco bit the dust (second time in less than 6 months!) so I returned it.

Knowing that we've got a coach on the way, I wanted a smaller pressure washer that I could toss in the coach and roll with, so I was super happy to see this post. Then I saw the price, which is gas on par with a decent gas pressure washer with 2,200 - 3,000 PSI. I get it though. Smaller, more efficient package and convenience often mean a higher price.

All this to say, I figured I was going to bite the bullet and buy this thing too but while at Home Depot looking for another pressure washer for the S&B, I stumbled across this little guy: https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-1-...1612/301004462. This has slightly less PSI and what appears to be slightly larger packaging, but it's 1/5 of the cost. For $100, I figured I could give it a try and if it was terrible, I could either return it or worst case scenario, dump it on Craigslist for $60-$80 and go grab Neal's recommendation, especially given his solid review.

So, I picked it up along with a gas pressure washer for the S&B and gave it a go on some algae that had bloomed on a section my S&B's white vinyl fence. Worked like a charm. Certainly this ain't going to cut the mustard for cleaning a driveway or any kind of heavy duty use, but I figure it's perfect for my forthcoming RV needs. Again, I've not had the opportunity to test this on my RV yet (it's likely still sitting in multiple pieces at Newmar's factory), but once I do I will post a review as well.
Old 06-07-2019, 08:55 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapnerd View Post
I took an interest in this post when I first saw it but didn't have anything to add so I've been quietly lurking. However, this weekend my stupid Subaru pressure washer from Costco bit the dust (second time in less than 6 months!) so I returned it.

Knowing that we've got a coach on the way, I wanted a smaller pressure washer that I could toss in the coach and roll with, so I was super happy to see this post. Then I saw the price, which is gas on par with a decent gas pressure washer with 2,200 - 3,000 PSI. I get it though. Smaller, more efficient package and convenience often mean a higher price.

All this to say, I figured I was going to bite the bullet and buy this thing too but while at Home Depot looking for another pressure washer for the S&B, I stumbled across this little guy: https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-1-...1612/301004462. This has slightly less PSI and what appears to be slightly larger packaging, but it's 1/5 of the cost. For $100, I figured I could give it a try and if it was terrible, I could either return it or worst case scenario, dump it on Craigslist for $60-$80 and go grab Neal's recommendation, especially given his solid review.

So, I picked it up along with a gas pressure washer for the S&B and gave it a go on some algae that had bloomed on a section my S&B's white vinyl fence. Worked like a charm. Certainly this ain't going to cut the mustard for cleaning a driveway or any kind of heavy duty use, but I figure it's perfect for my forthcoming RV needs. Again, I've not had the opportunity to test this on my RV yet (it's likely still sitting in multiple pieces at Newmar's factory), but once I do I will post a review as well.

Dang! Reviews on that little Ryobi
are impressive, 2900 reviews at
4 1/2 stars. For a 100.00 bucks you may be onto something.
Im gonna give it try.
Granite17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 09:30 AM   #8

There's also this little guy if you want a little extra PSI and like having the soap container integrated into the unit, instead of the drop in hose.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-1-...812G/305219247

This wasn't in stock at the store so I didn't know about it.
Old 06-07-2019, 10:20 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post

What are you using for your onboard DI rinse tank, and where do you locate this? I'm also curious if most people think that this is a superior approach verses just using the hot water supply line in the generator bay. Thanks!
Old 06-07-2019, 10:36 AM   #10

Quote:
There's also this little guy if you want a little extra PSI and like having the soap container integrated into the unit, instead of the drop in hose.

I bought this exact unit when we put the house up for sale before we set sail in the Ventana, full time.

It did a great job! Did the entire house and a 12x20 deck in about 10 hours of continuous use. Gave it to a co-worker and he did the same. Took a licking and kept on ticking. I see no reason why it wouldn't do the trick for a compact RV washer. -Paul
Old 06-07-2019, 03:40 PM   #11

Quote:

That one actually sounds like a better option! Thanks.
Old 06-07-2019, 03:43 PM   #12

What pressure do you want to stay under on these electric unit so you
don’t blast the paint off your RV?
Old 06-07-2019, 05:01 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granite17 View Post
What pressure do you want to stay under on these electric unit so you
don’t blast the paint off your RV?
You won't blast the paint off...
Don't keep the tip in one location. Keep it moving. Start moving the wand and THEN turn on the gun. Keep the tip a foot away from the surface to clean. Pull away on decals / rubber parts / things that could blow off (like marker lights). Double check your footing if you are on top of the RV cleaning the roof before turning on the water.

I use a 4200psi commercial pump and it works great for washing the RV off of the heavy stuff. A small electric power washer (probably 1200 psi or so) will be fine.
Old 06-07-2019, 08:09 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
What are you using for your onboard DI rinse tank, and where do you locate this? I'm also curious if most people think that this is a superior approach verses just using the hot water supply line in the generator bay. Thanks!
https://dirinse.com/product/d-i-rinse-pro-50-unit/

Left aft basement also known as the side radiator on your ship.
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, rving