Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-04-2015, 06:39 PM   #1

Conduit

Getting the Bus ready for Spring and our retirement at the end of the year. We are going to add a WIFI router and antenna when we retire. I am looking for a good spot and noticed a conduit behind the bedroom TV that goes thru the closet toward the rear of the MH. BUT looking in the engine area I cannot locate the exit area of this conduit. This would work great for the CAT-5 cable to the antenna IF I can figure it all out...Ideas?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2015, 09:09 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Pics? What model rv?
Old 04-05-2015, 10:42 AM   #3

2002 4090 Dutch Star...I'll try to get a picture
and post it.
Old 04-06-2015, 08:47 AM   #4

I will bite the bullet here and ask why are you doing this? I have been using my iPhone as a hotspot and running 2 ipads and a laptop over bluetooth with great success. Are you trying to do more than access the internet?
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 09:03 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Hi cptngym,
I agree with Algoma. Technology has improved quite a bit from just a couple of years ago. I have a data antenna (on the roof) and booster that I no longer use. For the past couple of years I am using the Verizon Jet Pak. It is about the size of a pack of cigarettes. Velcro'd it to the inside wall just behind the driver. About 3/4 way up the wall. Power is supplied from the 120 VAC outlet behind the driver's seat. It never misses a beat. If you are traveling West of the Mississippi, consider Verizon as the prime carrier. The wife has AT&T and is is terrible unless in a metro area. The Jet Pak provides WIFI connection for up to 5 devices and connects (4G) to the local Verizon network.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 10:13 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I find with great interest these types of threads, have no idea at times what you are talking about because I am in a faze in my life where the RV LIFESTYLE will be leaving me and it is no longer needed but those of you that do need the help we do have people here to make life easier for you if you can figure out what they are giving to you for information.
Good luck to the easier RV LIFESTYLE.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote