Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-15-2017, 06:46 AM   #1

Conduit from Roof to A/V cabinet

I have a DS 4369 on order and I'm considering requesting an extra conduit from the roof to the A/V cabinet as a "special". Does anyone know what the diameter of the conduit is and what material it's made out of because I've heard that some people have had problems fishing wires through it. I've heard that they supply a pull wire but that people still have problems.

Thanks!
specmga1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2017, 07:29 AM   #2

I was told standard 1 inch accordion type conduit with pull string would be run for my special requests.
Old 01-15-2017, 07:33 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
I was told standard 1 inch accordion type conduit with pull string would be run for my special requests.
So it must be made out of plastic. Thanks!
Old 01-15-2017, 07:52 AM   #4

No, it's not plastic. It's rubber flex conduit and it's junk. The rubber insulation on any wires you're pulling tend to stick to the rubber conduit making it very difficult to pull wires.
LJowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 07:57 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJowdy View Post
No, it's not plastic. It's rubber flex conduit and it's junk. The rubber insulation on any wires you're pulling tend to stick to the rubber conduit making it very difficult to pull wires.
Really? So even with a pull string it's a problem?
Old 01-15-2017, 08:03 AM   #6

odd. I was told something different - 1 inch plastic. Do you suppose they've changed? Will let you know in a couple of months.
Old 01-15-2017, 08:07 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
odd. I was told something different - 1 inch plastic. Do you suppose they've changed? Will let you know in a couple of months.
I'm going to call my dealer tomorrow and ask him to find out and to confirm that they supply a pull string with it. Will post the answer as soon as I find out
Old 01-15-2017, 09:14 AM   #8

It's very possible they changed??? I have a 2016 that I purchased new last October. I had one hell of a time with the conduit and complained to Newmar and at the same time, suggested they use the had plastic PVC conduit. Maybe they ran with my suggestion???

There was a pull string which in fact was a 14 gauge wire.
LJowdy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roof