Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-18-2019, 02:39 PM   #85

Does anyone know if it possible to change the IMEI of the Cell modem?
ebourlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2019, 04:06 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebourlet View Post
Does anyone know if it possible to change the IMEI of the Cell modem?

No. That is hard-coded for a reason. It’s basically the VIN for electronic devices.
CaptainGizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 06:56 AM   #87

I have long resisted asking this question for what will be obvious in a moment I have been around electronics since tubes and I am reasonably proficient with computers although sometimes I have difficulty following discussions like the above however I am also extremely intuitive and that’s where the question comes in. Frankly is there anybody else using a pep wave (I have a BRV Mini)or even just a MIFi device that finds their signal slows down down in the presence of a WiFi Ranger ? Is there any way to test this admittedly strange gut reaction?
PS95Bx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 05:38 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS95Bx View Post
I have long resisted asking this question for what will be obvious in a moment I have been around electronics since tubes and I am reasonably proficient with computers although sometimes I have difficulty following discussions like the above however I am also extremely intuitive and that’s where the question comes in. Frankly is there anybody else using a pep wave (I have a BRV Mini)or even just a MIFi device that finds their signal slows down down in the presence of a WiFi Ranger ? Is there any way to test this admittedly strange gut reaction?
Are you connecting to the PW/MiFi with 2.4GHz or 5GHz frequency? Is your WiFi ranger only amplifying 2.4GHz signals?

A WiFi ranger just boosts WiFi signals, much like putting the signal in front of a large megaphone. It may just be taking that otherwise fine signal from your PW and making it too loud/distorted.

That or the WiFI Ranger may picking up "noise" from another station on the 2.4GHz channel and amplifying it over your PW signal, much like you trying to listen to music through speakers on your phone when somebody else is blasting something on a megaphone in the background. There are really only (3) 2.4GHz channels that you can reasonably use without really wreaking havoc on neighboring 2.4GHz signals, so interference between stations in likely in an environment with a lot of people using 2.4GHz WiFI.

Anyways... a WiFI ranger is really best used to boost a signal far away (e.g., park WiFi) and won't do you any good if you're right next to your PW... may even do harm as you are noticing.
tjs90241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 12:58 AM   #89

Thanks for the great info on configuring. I tried to read through all the post in this thread but cant figure out how to search only a specific thread. So if this has been asked and answered please point me to the post.
I have an AT&T SIM prepaid tablet plan. Today is the first time I've been in good signal area getting good speeds around 35MPBS up and down. My MBR1mk2 dashboard is only showing the Blue LTE not LTE-A. Im in Coos Bay Oregon at the moment. Is there something I' missing on when LTE-A should indicate or did I miss something in the configuration.
Old 09-24-2019, 06:14 AM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebourlet View Post
Thanks for the great info on configuring. I tried to read through all the post in this thread but cant figure out how to search only a specific thread. So if this has been asked and answered please point me to the post.
I have an AT&T SIM prepaid tablet plan. Today is the first time I've been in good signal area getting good speeds around 35MPBS up and down. My MBR1mk2 dashboard is only showing the Blue LTE not LTE-A. Im in Coos Bay Oregon at the moment. Is there something I' missing on when LTE-A should indicate or did I miss something in the configuration.
Others might have been insight, but I don't believe there is anything you need to do configuration wise for the LTE-A. It's more likely that you might be in an hour where it simply isn't connecting to another band, or that tower doesn't support LTE-A.

Are you using a roof mounted antenna or the blades on the unit? If the blades, I think the recommended orientation is at 90* angle, so if one is pointing straight up, then the other should be pointing to the side, or both pointing up at 45* angles away from each other. It's unlikely the antenna orientation will make the difference in LTE-A or not, but I did find that it made a difference on my speed tests.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 10:07 PM   #91

Has anyone go a VISIBLE SIM working in a Pepwave?
Old 04-14-2020, 08:13 PM   #92

Entegra Owners Club
Neal - thank you so much for the detailed instructions. I know that took a while to upload and I very much appreciate your efforts. Changing our Pepwave to match yours improved the Mbps considerably! ~ Much appreciated ~

Lynette
Lynette..Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 05:37 PM   #93

Newmar Owners Club
Help! We have been using the Pepwave Max BR1 and roof mounted Poynting antenna for a year now. We have a Verizon sim in Slot A. We are now in an area where the Verizon signal is almost nonexistent. We purchased an AT&T sim, which I put in slot B and changed Cellular Setting to Sim B only. System recognizes sim, but when I try to connect, it just says "obtaining IP address". I let it go for an hour and nothing happened so switched back to "sim a only" under the Cellular settings. Is there something else I need to do? I have updated firmware and unplugged/replugged unit and tried again with no success. At a loss...any suggestions much appreciated! (Note: I have previously configured all settings per Neal's advice at beginning of thread).

Airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 06:44 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airedale View Post
Help! We have been using the Pepwave Max BR1 and roof mounted Poynting antenna for a year now. We have a Verizon sim in Slot A. We are now in an area where the Verizon signal is almost nonexistent. We purchased an AT&T sim, which I put in slot B and changed Cellular Setting to Sim B only. System recognizes sim, but when I try to connect, it just says "obtaining IP address". I let it go for an hour and nothing happened so switched back to "sim a only" under the Cellular settings. Is there something else I need to do? I have updated firmware and unplugged/replugged unit and tried again with no success. At a loss...any suggestions much appreciated! (Note: I have previously configured all settings per Neal's advice at beginning of thread).

So, most likely...a simple Reboot fixes the issue. I can’t think of a time this hasn’t worked, including yesterday for my buddy. Interestingly enough, it seems to be a more frequent issue with AT$T.

But, seeing you’ve done this, I’d reseat or even swap positions.

If it still fails, I’d put the sim in another device like my iPhone or iPad.

There’s a chance the SIM wasn’t provisioned correctly upon purchase and needs to be activated in a device...stand by for problems with service though. [emoji35]
CaptainGizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 05:39 AM   #95

I pulled the trigger on a pepwave BR1. Any new recommendations on a data plan to get? We don’t full time or anything. I have a T-Mobile unlimited sim in our iPad now, will that work in the pepwave?
Massparanoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 08:40 AM   #96

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Massparanoia View Post
I pulled the trigger on a pepwave BR1. Any new recommendations on a data plan to get? We don’t full time or anything. I have a T-Mobile unlimited sim in our iPad now, will that work in the pepwave?
I just added a additional T-Mobile line and put the sim card in the Pepwave. Worked perfectly. My plan has unlimited data and the Pepwave acts like a cellphone. Don't see why the sim from your IPad wouldn't work. Just try it.

Mike
Old 05-22-2020, 12:56 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06smokey View Post
I just added a additional T-Mobile line and put the sim card in the Pepwave. Worked perfectly. My plan has unlimited data and the Pepwave acts like a cellphone. Don't see why the sim from your IPad wouldn't work. Just try it.

Mike
Awesome I’ll definitely give that a go when it comes in. Thanks!
Old 05-22-2020, 12:56 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06smokey View Post

Mike
Mike, any modem specific settings for T-Mobile?

Tags
route, wifi