Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-02-2008, 02:25 PM   #1

I removed the Block 'Sony' TV from front of Coach,in preparation for the New and improved Flat Screen LCD
All is good But I have this wire from the TV it has a Cylinder inline and a red and white female connections???

Any ideas what it is and do I connect the male end from the Coach to the new TV???

Any ideas

Rick
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-02-2008, 02:25 PM   #2

I removed the Block 'Sony' TV from front of Coach,in preparation for the New and improved Flat Screen LCD
All is good But I have this wire from the TV it has a Cylinder inline and a red and white female connections???

Any ideas what it is and do I connect the male end from the Coach to the new TV???

Any ideas

Rick
Old 11-02-2008, 02:57 PM   #3
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Tried to make the pic display but it didn't work.

The wires look like audio cables possibly to the coach sound system.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 03:04 PM   #4

Dirk

Does the second link work??? If so please delete the first one.

Could it be wires for the surround sound??

Rick
Old 11-02-2008, 03:12 PM   #5

Definitely audio cables (red-right, white-left) with a big choke on it to reduce hum. As Dirk said, it will connect to the coach stereo system inputs to provide TV sound through your stereo system's speakers.

2009 Essex 4508
TheJazzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 01:01 PM   #6

The wire that this end attaches to goes up above the roof liner, Could this be the feed for the bedroom speakers???

That resistor Or whatever it is, will I need it in my new set-up???

Rick
Old 11-03-2008, 01:25 PM   #7

Freightliner Owners Club
I just replaced my Sony 24" with a Sharp 32"HDTV that is only 30.5" wide and fits perfecly into the sheet metal box of my 05 KSDP.
The wires in Question are AUDIO OUT,left and right channel.If someone can post my pictures,please send me a PM.
siggyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 01:48 PM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Latitude:
The wire that this end attaches to goes up above the roof liner, Could this be the feed for the bedroom speakers??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is a remote possibility that these are speaker wires, but I still think they are outputs that go to your stereo system. Do you have an AV cabinet in another location in the coach? Maybe you can look on the back of the TV that you removed and read the label from where you removed these plugs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">That resistor Or whatever it is, will I need it in my new set-up??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It isn't really necessary with the new LCD, but I would leave it just in case you pick up some EMF from something else nearby.

2009 Essex 4508
TheJazzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 02:37 PM   #9

Siggy

That's what I was Hoping For!!!! Just connect to new TV!!!!

The Sharp 32" is what I am also using.

Jazz

These connectons are on a Wire that comes from 'inside' the Old TV box, no Plugs to read the label!!!

This line/wire looks like it could of been an after market/add on.

Rick
Old 11-05-2008, 07:27 AM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Latitude,

I also have a red and white RCA cable in my TV box. They go up into the ceiling and then get lost. I've connected them up to the new TV's (2) I've installed and tried "external" speaker settings on the TV's and the end result is nothing!! I don't have a surround system in my coach.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:50 PM   #11

Hey Max

Iwas hoping you would see this Post As I knew you had just replaced your TVs!!!

Do you have Bedroom Speakers??? I think this might be the connection to there.

I won't know for sure until finished.

Rick
Old 11-05-2008, 02:28 PM   #12

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Yes, I have bedroom speakers. They both work fine off the radio. Nothing from the front TV into those speakers-- It's a bloody mystery---
Old 11-05-2008, 04:26 PM   #13

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hey Rick--

I made up a extra set of those bayonet fittings, male and female, like in my latest posting on the Sony install. They are the last part of the install puzzle. If you can use them, let me know. I'll be glad to send them to you. Send me a PM and we can review the lengths and the screw size in the top two corners of your Sharp TV.

Bayonet fittings

My overhead cabinet and the TV "box" is mounted on a six degree(downward) angle. I made my 2x4" mounting stud also on this same six degree angle. The new TV is mounted parallel to the cabinet face. These bayonet fittings will secure the set for travel. It works slick

Let me know-----
Old 11-06-2008, 03:56 PM   #14

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Max, I'm a little disapointed. No surround sound! I can't understand why not. Lets's get with the program.
Tiffin Allegro Bus, 425 Cummins Freightliner XCR, Camp Freightliner, Acadia Denali, tow-N-4 Down, Blue-OX tow bar, TST Monitors, Seelevel II Monitors, Samsung Res Fridge, Progressive 50A-EMS, No Kids-No Pets, Full Time.
bdaball is offline   Reply With Quote