Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-13-2014, 06:16 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Considering a Dutchstar 4369

Just got back from the Hershey Show where we were looking at the American Coach and Entegra Anthem. Took a spin through the Newmar Booth and were pleasantly surprised at how much we liked the Dutchstar 4369. We liked it to the point of pushing it up to # 1 on our short list.

However, we were looking at the discounting on several of the competing brands at the show and talking with the factory people for each of them. At the show these other brand managers seemed to want to work with the dealer to sweeten the deal. Newmar seemed to be the exception and pricing was basically what you see is what you pay.

I would be really interested if anyone had pricing experiences to share on the Dutchstar. We have their options list from the forum and it would be interesting to know in terms of % off MSRP what others were finding in the market. We have nothing to trade, so assuming the show special price was structured to protect the dealer that has to take a trade, we expected more of a discount.

Any outstanding dealer suggestions or opinions on the DS would be appreciated.

Regards and Thanks

Jim
MoHoGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2014, 06:50 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Can't go wrong with that choice for sure!

My spidey senses tell me that any 2014 still around will be easily negotiated if you are rock solid on your skills.

I would aim for 28% off MSRP. I would have all the money lined up and ready to go, no beating around about it, and I would negotiate sternly and probably over the telephone over in person.

If you are looking at a 15, my spidey senses tell me that most dealers are going to be tougher on price as it's all new and hot, BUT leaves you a ton more dealers to plug at a distance. I would still aim for 28% off.

Others will come along with good dealers names, and there are certainly some out there.

A little birdy told me that Berry Campers in Louisiana can be sweet talked. Tom Johnson also is pleasant. There is another people like (buddy Gregg?? Someone correct me, California?)

My suspicion is that 15 prices might dip around the end of the year, and of course at the end of the months, with a stronger dip as the 16's are shown next year around April.
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 07:24 PM   #3

You sound a bit like us. We went to the FMCA rally last month with the intention of looking at Entegra, American Coach and Newmar. Newmar is my favorite, DH is still swaying between Entegra and Newmar. We are going to an RV show in CA next month to look at them all again. The 4369 is one of my favorite floor plans and one we are considering.

Every dealer I have spoken to about their 2014s DS' were immediately quoting in the 23-28% range before any negotiating. IMHO 2014 takes an even harder depreciation hit because 2015s are out now. There was a thread a week or two ago where this was discussed and many people seemed to be of this opinion. If you are looking at 2014 I would negotiate hard for 35% off to make up for that larger depreciation hit. as we get closer to the end of the year it could very well be obtainable if it is not already.

On a 2015 I know one person here at IRV2 who was quoted 28% off MSRP on his order and with a decent refundable deposit. I am not sure if he was looking at a Ventana or a DS. I am betting he will see this thread and will comment as well. I am not sure where he got that quote but he may be happy to share that.
Orangepeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 08:00 PM   #4

I was able to get 31% on a london aire ordered.
zman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 08:02 PM   #5

you can get 30-32% on an ordered coach.
Old 09-14-2014, 01:51 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman62 View Post
Nice! Would you mind sharing who you ordered from please.
Old 09-14-2014, 07:22 AM   #7

Orange peel, sent you a pm
Old 09-14-2014, 07:23 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangepeel View Post

I would check Midway RV Center in Grand Rapids, Michigan if you are interested a 2015 DS. They sold out the 2014 coaches. North Trail RV in Ft Myers FL has tremendous inventory. Both companies list their stock on the internet.
Without trade and factory delivery 25-28% on a custom ordered Dutch Star has been average. I don't know if stock units are discounted more.
Newmar sales on all lines are very high this year and they have sold everything they can build this year. This can somewhat influence what discount can you get.

2015 DSDP 4369 with HWH Active Air, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Roadmaster tow bar, SMI AirForce One, Silverleaf VMSPc
andyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 09:00 AM   #9

Quote:
North Trial ,diesel dan cutting
Old 09-14-2014, 02:52 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrobe View Post
Orange peel, sent you a pm
Srrobe - I didn't get it. Could you resend when you have time.
Old 09-14-2014, 04:48 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma800 View Post
My spidey senses tell me that any 2014 still around will be easily negotiated if you are rock solid on your skills.

I would aim for 28% off MSRP.
bad investment at even 28% you need min %35 or get a '15 IMO

Quote:
A little birdy told me that Berry Campers in Louisiana can be sweet talked. Tom Johnson also is pleasant. There is another people like (buddy Gregg?? Someone correct me, California?)
I talked to different Birdy , Berry best about 26, tom Johnson stated at 24 then 25. I contacted Gregg but forgot, it wasn't a sharp %

Quote:
On a 2015 I know one person here at IRV2 who was quoted 28% off MSRP on his order and with a decent refundable deposit.
That was me, Dylan in NJ and TampaRVone solid 28%, both asked for smaller deposits there were no requirement as no refundable, some of the above asked for $10,000, North trail & Independence insisted on NON Refundable deposit, asking for $20K & 10K respectively.

Non-refundable, when pigs fly, deal breaker

Quote:
I was able to get 31% on a london aire ordered.
North Trial ,diesel dan
Not sure how you pulled that off with them, more power to you, they were at 26-27 on my quote and high $20K deposit plus $700 or $800 BS delivery paper work fee.

Quote:
I consider myself a hard shopper, I'm going to disagree with those estimates.

What I did is looked at Newmars site, there are 60 dealers, I picked 12 or so emailed them the option list, asked what other charges were added, what amount of deposit they would ask. I also said to trade if they can do the finance they were welcome to the earn the banks reserve.

I then emailed them, so they knew I was real I included my tel #

I was shocked at the numbers of dealers that were selling at lousy discounts.
jimbo2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 06:21 PM   #12

"I consider myself a hard shopper, I'm going to disagree with those estimates.

What I did is looked at Newmars site, there are 60 dealers, I picked 12 or so emailed them the option list, asked what other charges were added, what amount of deposit they would ask. I also said to trade if they can do the finance they were welcome to the earn the banks reserve.

I then emailed them, so they knew I was real I included my tel #

I was shocked at the numbers of dealers that were selling at lousy discounts."///////

I had a dealer come in at 32% after i pulled the trigger with north trail. So that is 2 dealers that came in 30-32%.

2018 Ford F350
Old 06-13-2015, 12:19 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Considering a Dutchstar 4369

Zman, Was North Trail between 30% and 32%? Who did you work with...I want to see if I can get the same
Tomp4801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 06:59 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
NT has a very interesting down payment be careful,
jimbo2013 is offline   Reply With Quote