Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-24-2017, 06:42 AM   #43
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magredvet View Post
Room sensor is still where it should be. One guy suspected it was bad, so he passed a brand new thermistor down through the duct into the bedroom. Again this worked for one cycle, then temp went wild again, so I'm convinced it's not the sensor
Now we are back to the control board of the AC UNIT ITSELF and all dip switch's are correct?
Was control board ever changed to communicate from new AC to the main thermal control in living area.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2017, 07:36 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by "007" View Post
Now we are back to the control board of the AC UNIT ITSELF and all dip switch's are correct?
Was control board ever changed to communicate from new AC to the main thermal control in living area.
If I read correctly (a page or so ago) the OP has a CCC2 and swapped that ... and, the rooftop board was changed. And, everything worked until it didn't.

BTW, are there any florescent light fixtures on when the sensors read wrong?
Old 11-24-2017, 12:32 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceisla View Post
No attitude .... it just sounded like you hadn't started from the beginning.
K
Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 03:21 PM   #46

AC board has been changed, and no florescent lights, they're all LEDS, but again, nothing has really changed, except the unit. It's a real puzzle, unless there is something wrong with the new unit, other than the items that have been replaced on the new unit.
Don't know if it's of any significance, but it work Ok for the first two days, after installation, then I used the heat pump, and all this started
Magredvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 04:10 PM   #47

Quote:
AC board has been changed, and no florescent lights, they're all LEDS, but again, nothing has really changed, except the unit. It's a real puzzle, unless there is something wrong with the new unit, other than the items that have been replaced on the new unit.
Don't know if it's of any significance, but it work Ok for the first two days, after installation, then I used the heat pump, and all this started
Has me scratching my head .... In my former life, I'd be looking for noise/ripple on the 12vdc.
Old 12-01-2017, 04:34 PM   #48

Magredvet, this problem is a head scratcher, curious if you were able to resolve issue? If resolved will you please share what it was?
osok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 08:29 AM   #49

Had Brooks come out last week, and take a look. Can't say enough good things about the guy, really knows his stuff.
Anyway, he talked with Dometic, and apparently it is a problem they know about, and now we are waiting on parts from them. A set of thermistors and a new board I think. Once they arrive, and are fitted, I'll let everyone know if it's fixed.
It's just a pity the original company which originally fitted the unit hadn't been as thorough.
It's something to watch out for if fitting a new penguin II to an existing system.
Anyway Brooks is the only guy I will let touch my coach in future, and I'm just so glad we have someone as dedicated, and smart to go to.
I'll update once the parts are in.
Old 12-02-2017, 09:08 AM   #50

Quote:
Had Brooks come out last week, and take a look. Can't say enough good things about the guy, really knows his stuff.
Anyway, he talked with Dometic, and apparently it is a problem they know about, and now we are waiting on parts from them. A set of thermistors and a new board I think. Once they arrive, and are fitted, I'll let everyone know if it's fixed.
It's just a pity the original company which originally fitted the unit hadn't been as thorough.
It's something to watch out for if fitting a new penguin II to an existing system.
Anyway Brooks is the only guy I will let touch my coach in future, and I'm just so glad we have someone as dedicated, and smart to go to.
I'll update once the parts are in.
Looking forward to the update!
Old 12-02-2017, 11:42 AM   #51
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
The old fluorescent ballast problem? but he has LED lights.
Good to see you have BROOKs W working on it now.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 01:15 PM   #52

Magredvet did you get this resolved? If resolved will you please share the solution?

Thanks!
osok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 01:48 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by osok View Post
Magredvet did you get this resolved? If resolved will you please share the solution?

Thanks!
Yes .... please!
Old 12-29-2017, 08:03 AM   #54

Still waiting on Brooks to receive the parts from Dometic. As soon as he fits them, I'll update. It's been cold here, and running the Oasis for heat results in the system performing perfectly, with no spurious temp readings, so it is definitely something to do with the new unit, and not my wiring/connections.
However, this all started in September, and does not make me very happy with Dometic, who knew they had an issue, and are now dragging their feet with a set of parts to fix.
Old 12-29-2017, 01:17 PM   #55

Quote:
Still waiting on Brooks to receive the parts from Dometic. As soon as he fits them, I'll update. It's been cold here, and running the Oasis for heat results in the system performing perfectly, with no spurious temp readings, so it is definitely something to do with the new unit, and not my wiring/connections.
However, this all started in September, and does not make me very happy with Dometic, who knew they had an issue, and are now dragging their feet with a set of parts to fix.
Thanks for the update.
Old 02-10-2018, 05:16 AM   #56

Ok so here's where we stand now. Apparently Motor Coach Mobile Care have wound up their business, so I'm back looking for answers.
I got on the roof yesterday with a spare thermostat, and it will not power up, confirming there is no 12v supply to the rear unit. The six pin plug however has all wires in it connected to a harness in the coach, but when tested shows no 12v supply. I am thinking if I can get 12v to the rear ac, then connect a standalone thermostat I should be able to get the unit working. the biggest issue is getting a 12v supply up there. Anyone have any hints or tips ?
I checked the boards in all three units and they are all part number 3312227.000, even though Newmar lists a 3312022.000 as the replacement part.
Are these two boards compatible ?
Anyway I've given up trying to get it to play with the other two, and am looking at options to get wires from nearby 12v source up to the unit.
All suggestions welcomed.
I've been chasing this since August last year, and the whole project seems to have been beset by bad luck from day 1 !
Again, thanks in advance for any assistance.

Tags
dutch star, need help