Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-08-2016, 05:42 PM   #1

Cost of switching interiors

Hi, folks!

Do any of you know what it costs to switch interiors between vehicles? I am ordering a Ventana LE and switching its interior to a Ventana interior but not the flooring.

Also, we are switching two paint colors, keeping 3 of the LE's colors. Any idea what that costs?

Thanks for the help!
Candy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-08-2016, 09:07 PM   #2

Candy Girl,

DW made many many changes to our Ventana taking materials from other models, just as you are proposing (including flooring). We also added what I think was all of the options. We know what the total delta was between going stock and what we ended paying. There is however another variable. That being the markup that your dealer will apply to the "specials". So any cost increase that I or others could offer would still not account for your dealers markup on specials.

At the end of the day, I don't have an itemized list of costs for each change. We ended up adding about 16% to the deal that we negotiated for the stock coach. We got the exact coach that we wanted that met our budget constraints. I know that this does not answer your question in terms of dollars and cents. But I have given you some idea of how we faired in doing something similar to what you propose. As DW just said: "it was totally worth it ".

Best of luck in you new Ventana.
HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 07:50 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Girl View Post
Hi, folks!

Do any of you know what it costs to switch interiors between vehicles? I am ordering a Ventana LE and switching its interior to a Ventana interior but not the flooring.

Also, we are switching two paint colors, keeping 3 of the LE's colors. Any idea what that costs?

Thanks for the help!
Candy Girl, have you talked to Newmar about the requested interior? I was in the process of ordering a 2013 LE and requested an upgrade to the Ventana seats and sofa and they said no. So I ordered the Ventana instead.

I did paint change on my unit and cost about $1000 minus the 29%discount.
lass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 09:25 AM   #4

We changed floor plan on our Ventana ( went to 4018 from 4037 ), as well as switching to Dutch Star dining booth. I felt upcharge from Newmar / Dealer was very reasonable.
britcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 12:10 AM   #5

It seems they ok'd the changes. You were very lucky to get 29% off! How did you do it?
Old 02-10-2016, 12:11 AM   #6

What was your up charge?
Old 02-11-2016, 04:29 PM   #7

Quote:
It seems they ok'd the changes. You were very lucky to get 29% off! How did you do it?
This is like the 3 card trick. When we had some specials approved by Newmar they sent the costs to our dealer. The dealer would normally add 40% and give that as the retail price to us. In our case the dealer told us ahead of time that the dealer cost would be our cost and sent us the Newmar invoice. So was that 29% discount off the list price or the dealer cost? Who knows.
Algoma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 06:30 AM   #8

Quote:
The 29% discount was off the MSRP of the unit. I had 2 things going; since a special order did not go into the dealer financed floor plan, the discount was higher; and the RV market was more depressed than it is now.

Take your build sheet and send it out to multiple dealers for their best quote and than pick the one that you are most satisfied with. Just remember that the lowest price is not always the best way to go. You will also need service.

If you go back and read some of my earliest posts, you'll see how Matt Miller sold me the Ventana.

Good luck.
lass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 11:56 PM   #9

Lass, I would like to read your posts on how Matt Miller sold you the Ventana. How can I find it?
Old 02-13-2016, 05:29 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Lass - found your post re meeting with Matt Miller (Candy Girl - click on Lass's name, go to oldest posting and you will find it). Very impressive. We will be purchasing our first RV in the next couple of years or sooner (hopefully). I find the Newmar owners forum extremely helpful and comforting. We plan to go full time, so the entire idea being new to us is daunting. Have been doing lots of reading. Looking at a DS vs MA.

Went to recent Tampa show. Met several Newmar employees (heard Matt Miller there but didn't see him). Took our first ever drive in an RV. Poor Michelle Howard. She was so nice and we scared her a bit when we said we had never driven an RV before. All the blood drained from her face and she said in a nice but cautious tone that they weren't trainers. But Mikey took us out anyway We both drove and it was fantastic.

Mikey was excellent, spoke so positively of Newmar (he had been there 22 years. He said many years ago he had serious health issues, was out for six months and that notwithstanding he received short term disability, Newmar kept him on the payroll (at no salary) so he could continue to receive and they paid for his health insurance. Apparently Newmar is great with their employees and it pays off with the high build quality of their coaches) that the very positive experience sealed out decision to buy a Newmar.

We are at Disney this weekend and biked thru Fort Wilderneds campground. Met a couple who have a 2015 MA and they couldn't have been happier. They said they met with Michelle Howard who was so helpful in choosing the colors, options etc. They apparently took ideas from many of the other coaches to create their own unique design. That is what we will do and will do the factory. With be putting together a build sheet and send it to multiple dealers as you recommend. While North Trail is in our backyard so to speak, best price will dictate (unless North Trail is best or close, in which case we will go with them).
JohnRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 11:38 PM   #11

John, thanks for the info. Will give it a try.

I currently have a 2000 Dutch Star. Wish I could afford another, but that is out of the question. I love it so much that I had to have another Newmar. It has been and still is a wonderful coach. The quality is incredible. I looked at other brands and nearly purchased one, but the more I thought about it, I wanted another Newmar. You will not regret your purchase. Keep us posted on your purchasing journey!

Tags
interior