Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-06-2018, 09:27 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Couple of maintaining the exterior questions

I see where "Diamond Shield" recommends 303 Aerospace products for protection. Do any of you use the "303 products"? If so, which ones, & how well do they hold up?

I have a product called "REJEX" which is an outstanding paint protection, maybe not as good as ceramic coating, but does great on my Colorado ZR@ & GMC Terrain!

Thoughts, comments, & recommendations appreciated!

Got to keep this thing nice, clean, & protected!
Jabber Jaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-06-2018, 09:40 AM   #2

Yes. We’ve had a TON of experience with 303; especially in boat covers and upholstery as well as patio furniture.

It’s primary job is UV Blocking and it does a great job...so long as you maintain the application!

That said, products from Adams Polishes, IMO, are just as good, more specific, and readily available in various quantities and forms. For example, tire protectant, leather treatment, dash, Guard & Gloss, ceramic trim coating, etc etc etc. all have different mixtures (and fragrances [emoji6]).

Again, I hated tracking the stuff down and since falling in love with the line of Adams, I’ve never looked back!
CaptainGizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 11:18 AM   #3
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Over the years, I've tried Rejex, Meguiars, Turtle wax, NuFinish, Blue Coral and probably two dozen other products. The REALITY, they all work and last about the same time. As a matter of fact, I get a little longer life out of the NuFinish which is easy to apply, available at Walmart and inexpensive. Everyone is always looking for that silver bullet wax/polish. There isn't one. The only way to keep your coach looking nice is regular application of whatever product you like.

The above applies even more to the 3M or Diamond Shield front end. They get spattered pretty hard on just about every drive. The ONLY way to keep them looking nice is, again, constant application of something, either 303, Pledge, wax, or even Plexus. All you want to do is keep it freshly protected. I wash my coach before every trip. It only takes me a few minutes to protect the front mask. I usually use 303 as it goes on easy and is easy to wipe off. I find using the 303 regularly makes removing bugs between each trip very easy.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 02:54 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
I'm personally a fan of Rejex on coach and Diamond Shield front mask. As Don said, you do need to apply it more frequently on the mask than the coach. When the mask was new I'd apply it twice within 2 or 3 months, then a couple of times a year after that. Kept it looking good for many years.
Luv2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 03:41 PM   #5

I agree with Dutch Star Don, the best product is the you use regularly.

Zzotte
Old 12-06-2018, 05:47 PM   #6

We have used 303 for over 15 years on all 3 Newmar's. We use it on many other area besides the exterior. It works great in shower to help wiping shower dry after using shower. Do not use on floor of shower. Our son in law use it on his motor cycle windshield in place of rain-x and says it works better. 303 is on tires and is only product recommend by a number of tire companies. Works well on front of coach to protect paint and making it easier to remove bugs. Also use it on tow and all other cars and trucks.
Newmar Man
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 05:54 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom chelbana View Post
We have used 303 for over 15 years on all 3 Newmar's. We use it on many other area besides the exterior. It works great in shower to help wiping shower dry after using shower. Do not use on floor of shower. Our son in law use it on his motor cycle windshield in place of rain-x and says it works better. 303 is on tires and is only product recommend by a number of tire companies. Works well on front of coach to protect paint and making it easier to remove bugs. Also use it on tow and all other cars and trucks.
Newmar Man
Is there only one type of 303 or is one that is more suitable for all round use?
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 06:35 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck53 View Post
Is there only one type of 303 or is one that is more suitable for all round use?
Unless I'am wrong there is only 303 Aerospace that I usually buy by the gallon.
purrin along is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 06:53 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Here is a link to the 303 in a 32oz bottle:
https://amzn.to/2Sym6sZ

And the one gallon refill:
https://amzn.to/2PodsLZ
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 09:21 PM   #10
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
"tom chelbana".....brought up something at an NKK Rally that I found interesting, but haven't had the time to do it yet. He takes (I believe he said) a garden sprayer, extends his cloth awning on his coach (when new) and sprays it with 303. He said it works great in protecting the awning material.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 09:38 PM   #11

Protecting the awning

Our RV is 28yrs. old. After we wash our original awning we let it dry. Then I use a dedicated sponge mop to apply Son of a Gun to both sides. Very easy to wipe off any dirt or sweep it as necessary. We always get compliments on how clean our awning is. We only have to treat it once a season. You could also use Armor all. What is the cheapest at Walmart. Kind of like wax on a floor. The dirt goes on the wax not directly on the floor.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 09:42 PM   #12

Couple of maintaining the exterior questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
"tom chelbana".....brought up something at an NKK Rally that I found interesting, but haven't had the time to do it yet. He takes (I believe he said) a garden sprayer, extends his cloth awning on his coach (when new) and sprays it with 303. He said it works great in protecting the awning material.

WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!

There ARE various forms of the 303 brand protectant!!!!

I think that guy was probably using their FABRIC protector, which is analogous to ScotchGuard and is approved for Sunbrella.

I would NEVER spray the AUTOMOTIVE protectant on fabric. It’s a sure way to attract a TON of dirt and compromise water repellency.

Here is the site which will deceive the different versions:

https://www.goldeagle.com/303/

Hope this helps.
CaptainGizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 06:51 AM   #13

The trick is to keep the Diamond/Durashield type products clean, and to remove bugs, grime as soon as possible. Then keep your favorite wax/polymer/UV protectant on it. Don’t use harsh chemicals, don’t use dish washing soap (unless you are trying to remove the wax).

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 03:58 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
Over the years, I've tried Rejex, Meguiars, Turtle wax, NuFinish, Blue Coral and probably two dozen other products. The REALITY, they all work and last about the same time. As a matter of fact, I get a little longer life out of the NuFinish which is easy to apply, available at Walmart and inexpensive. Everyone is always looking for that silver bullet wax/polish. There isn't one. The only way to keep your coach looking nice is regular application of whatever product you like.

The above applies even more to the 3M or Diamond Shield front end. They get spattered pretty hard on just about every drive. The ONLY way to keep them looking nice is, again, constant application of something, either 303, Pledge, wax, or even Plexus. All you want to do is keep it freshly protected. I wash my coach before every trip. It only takes me a few minutes to protect the front mask. I usually use 303 as it goes on easy and is easy to wipe off. I find using the 303 regularly makes removing bugs between each trip very easy.

What product/products do you use to remove bug residue from the Diamond Shield?
Seems to be some residue/splatter from the 278 mile drive home after purchasing it. So I need to clean the Diamond Shield before applying either the "303" or "Rejex"!
Thanks for the help/advice!
Jabber Jaw is offline   Reply With Quote