Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-12-2022, 05:29 PM   #29

Newmarket glass

I bet most of the glass comes from the same manufacturer or two. Newmar glass? I doubt that.
NIACC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2022, 09:17 AM   #30

"These large windshields seem problematic and expensive. A Prevost has a split windshield and I have been told (who knows if true) that each side costs $800 versus $4k+ for our large versions......."

You will be really bummed to know that you could about 4 years ago buy Prevost H3 windshields for just under $300 each if you bought them direct from Prevost.

I did that and had them shipped to my house and they came in on a regular glass company shipping pallet. Cost $400 to get installed so the total was about the same as your $800 if that was installed.
Mark3101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 06:27 AM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
I tried

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Dowdle View Post
You can reach out to NIRVC in Arizona. (520) 442-2500. They can work with your insurance, have the glass ordered and installed. Ask for the service department.
I did reach out to NIRVC in Arizona at (520) 442-2500 on September 29th and spoke with the service department. I was asked to bring in the coach so they could see it. I told them I would not be in Arizona until November but would like an estimate before I get there. The man I was speaking to seemed unsure if they could do an estimate without seeing the coach. 🤔 So he took my information and said he would check. Call ended with out an estimate. 20 minutes later I got a call back from the same guy I talked to in the service department and he asked for the last six of the Vin number I gave it to him. Then I was told he would get back to me with an estimate. Better than 2 weeks now and haven't heard back from any one at NIRVC. Must be too Busy

Thanks for trying
tdelisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 02:34 PM   #32

Yes, I’m sure they are busy like every other RV repair shop, but also sounds like you would rather take the time posting on not receiving a call back instead of following up with them.
Granite17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 04:18 AM   #33

Newmar Owners Club
Going to Newmar

Thanks for all the good ideas about getting a new windshield. I have decided to wait until I get to Newmar next year to replace it. The crack is only about 2' long and not in my view. Hopefully it stays that way. This way it will be done by people that have done it before and inside a climate controlled building. The coach will also be left in the building for the time needed for it to set. I have read here and other forums about leaks after getting there windshield replaced. So going to Newmar I'm sure it will be done right.
tdelisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 04:43 AM   #34

Newmar Owners Club
I have a 2 foot crack on the passenger side. I marked both ends with a sharpie. Finished another 1,00 miles before getting home to start the insurance process. Still waiting for my new windshield to be installed. Been using the Coach for tailgating and other short trips. The crack has not changed. Maybe I am just lucky so far? Wanted to get it done this week but the RV windshield company has my windshield at their warehouse but too busy to return my calls and get on schedule. Will need to escalate to State Farm next week.
RVStitchy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2022, 10:23 AM   #35

I have a broken windshield as a result of Hurricane IAN. I waited a month to have a company come out to fix it. They looked at it and said "how long has it been like this?"
I told them I reported it right away, couldn't help if it took a month for them to get here.
Anyway they declined to put the windshield in because they believe the coach needs bodywork now. They said the windshield will not fit right. I looked at the gasket and it was off of the fiberglass lip and hanging down at least 3 inches. I believe all they had to do was to lift it and realign. The gasket is 18 years old, I asked them why they didn't bring a new one, they said they always reuse them This is a 2 piece windshield on my 2004 Dutch Star. Anyone else have this problem.
Wess14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 08:42 AM   #36

Newmar Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wess14 View Post
I have a broken windshield as a result of Hurricane IAN. I waited a month to have a company come out to fix it. They looked at it and said "how long has it been like this?"
I told them I reported it right away, couldn't help if it took a month for them to get here.
Anyway they declined to put the windshield in because they believe the coach needs bodywork now. They said the windshield will not fit right. I looked at the gasket and it was off of the fiberglass lip and hanging down at least 3 inches. I believe all they had to do was to lift it and realign. The gasket is 18 years old, I asked them why they didn't bring a new one, they said they always reuse them This is a 2 piece windshield on my 2004 Dutch Star. Anyone else have this problem.
Yes, and I am having NIRVC in ATL rebuild my front end as I type. Just got the word from Mike there at NIRVC that my front has broken fiberglass above the windshield area causing all the breaks in my windshield. HOPEFULLY he is right......

Tags
crack, wind, windshield