Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-21-2016, 06:52 AM   #1

CS 3710 Price

So I decided to upgrade from my Bounder 35K to a CS 3710. I know I am going to take a major hit on the sale of the Bounder. The only way I will be able to afford the 3710 is if I get 30% off the 3710. Am I going to be able to get that off a new ordered unit? If so which dealer? I would also do a factory delivery so the location of the dealer is not important.
I went to 2 dealers in my area so far. They are squawking at giving me 20% off inventory units on their lot. But I was also talking a trade on my current unit. And they were '16s! I am thinking about selling mine privately first. Before I sell it that way I want to have an idea if my discount on the 3710 is doable?
Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2016, 10:30 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
In December 2007 (just before the recession really hit) we negotiated about 25% off on our ordered Canyon Star. Some members have reported negotiating better, but many were buying DS and above and a several were looking at leftovers on the lot.

IMHO, the reason why the dealers you were working with have the leftovers is they are not willing to deal. We determined exactly what we wanted to order and visited, called or e-mailed dealers across the country for pricing. A few dealers gave me about 25% off with their first quote, we went with one of them who, unfortunately, does not sell Newmar any more. IIRC, there was one dealer in FL and one in AZ that gave me the best discount right away.

Factory delivery cost was significant, about $3000. That reduced the discount by a few percent. We elected not to do factory delivery but would definitely do so if we buy another new Newmar.

I would definitely sell privately, we were offered about $5K for our old coach (a 1994 Gulfstream Class C) and we ended up selling it for over $10K.
Luv2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 12:21 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Check out this thread, also on this forum.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/cany...er-309369.html
mikelm48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 05:14 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
IMHO 24%. - 25% off is about the best you will see on a new Canyon Star. If you get 30% please come back to the forum and tell us which dealer was willing to go that far. I may want to upgrade to a newer CS. They are a great gas coach. We just got home from a 3,000 mile 4 week trip. Went on a 6,200 mile 9 week trip this past spring. Good times.
Old 09-22-2016, 05:22 PM   #5

LongDogRanch, that is the info I am getting. There is another thread about a CS on here also. I am going to visit the dealer on Sat so that is where the rubber meets the road.
Glad to hear you are happy with yours.
Old 09-23-2016, 05:42 AM   #6

American Coach Owners Club
Our Deal History

We had a 16 Jayco Precept 29UR Class "A" and needed more space and went to RV One Albany NY. where we originally bought the Precept, and traded up to a 16, CS 3922, shed model. Yes it was painful $$$ but what worked for us was that RV One sold both Jayco Precepts and Newmars.

It made it less painful, anyway this is what we told ourselves.
RV One Albany NY. was super to work with at least in our case.
I have seen many people not happy with RV One and I have also heard that RV One locations are not all equal, seem Albany, & Buffalo are much better to work with, and Tampa & Orlando are not. Just my opinion.

RV came out to our camp site on Labor Day weekend about an hour away to change out a side camera that was defective during the POI.

I would suggest finding a dealer that handles Fleetwoods & Newmars, if there are any and work with them.
NewmarCS1 is offline   Reply With Quote