Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-09-2015, 05:50 PM   #1

CS 3920 &/or 3921 Advice

I would be interested in hearing from current owners of these models concerning their use for more than weekending. My wife and I are considering the purchase of a 3920 so that we can take our Can-Am Spyder along on short trips as well as someplace for our dogs to hang out during our rides. But we might also be interested in longer trips of a month or so, and we are curious to know how others feel about the space.

Also would like to know if the lower bunk in older CS garage models can changed over from the back to back to the inward facing configuration of the 2015 models?
muleman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2015, 11:11 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Not a Canyon Star TH owner, but it's closest cousin...
There are Newmar Toy Hauler owners here. You might get better results seeking them - like posting here:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/new-...up-120271.html

Full-Timing in a Class A Toy Hauler is surely easy to do, because the front 2/3 of the RV is exactly like any other Motorhome. And the rear garage is a multi-use space that can be used for anything from an additional bedroom to a home office or patio room when unloaded.

The US version of the Can-Am Spyder is 105" total length and will easily fit in the 120" deep garage of the 3920 and 3921.

The side facing garage Bench/bunks on the lower garage rack is a factory option - See:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/clas...ml#post2664467

If wanting to change the bunks in a used rig, Lippert makes the HappiJac lift...so that just requires the correct bunks and brackets - See:
http://lci1.com/happijac-power-bedlift

Did you know the 3920 has been discontinued for 2016? The 3921 (Full wall slide) is THE full garage Toy Hauler now made by Newmar with the new 3922 (rear 95.5"x56.25" shed w/ side door) entering production - See:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/clas...ml#post2545871

Best luck
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 06:32 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Muleman1,

I just got back from Texas where I committed to buy a 2016 Canyon Star 3921. I as you, also have a Spyder RT and is one of the reasons I decided on the 3921. Though 120" is correct for garage depth, the step up into the master bedroom on the one I am buying (and all of them therefore) is placed where the nose of the Spyder will be I think, which made it close for the 105" sypder length, but it will work based on my measuring with a just a inch or two to spare. The nose of the Spyder might be high enough to miss the step if you have aftermarket shocks, etc. that make it ride a bit higher like the Elkas on mine (thanks to "len" at Pitbull Powersports), but even if not, it will fit it appears to me. I might back it in if its too close, since the rear storage/fender area extends out past the rear tire of course.

The kicker for me was not only the Spyder hauling capacity, but once at camp, and Spyder removed. the side to side facing bench seats and the very heavy duty table you can get to go between, makes for a very large comfortable 6 full size adults picnic type table area, then at night remove table and I think the lower bunk will be maybe favored by larger adults since it is even large than the full size queen master bed.

I can't wait to pick mine up in about 2 weeks and get it back to Arkansas to start using!!!
ArkTerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:12 AM   #4

ArkTerry, we also bought our Spyder at Pitbull, and actually bought the first new bike that Len and Vanessa sold! I measured the heck out of that garage on the 3921 as well even having the salesman close the ramp to see how far the "hump" protruded into the space. It's going to be close but do-able. Pictures make the space look larger than it really is. Besides the Spyder, we would plan on using the garage as kennel space while we're out riding, but the 2015/2016 models are much more useable with that table and inward facing benches. So far we've only been to Transwest in K.C. and have not talked money yet, but I'd love to hear more about your buying experience and of course see pics of your new "Spyder House".
muleman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 12:09 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
We looked at the 2014 models pretty closely. My only comment to this thread is pay attention to the weight. Depending on options ordered, you could VERY EASILY exceed the GAWR rating of the rear axle, which hasn't changed since the 2014 model. Depending on the model of Spyder, it would be anywhere from 800 lbs or more, and there isn't much NCC room left when those things roll off the factory floor

Tags
advice