Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2021, 05:26 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talkjk View Post
Be sure to check often after the inspection and washer replacement. We picked up on Friday and got home to find a trail of fuel. Service shop sent a lead mechanic out with some replacement washers but could not get it to stop leaking. Now we sit until Monday to see if they can find a fuel rail.
Oh my gosh
2cyber71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2021, 06:45 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahdi View Post
I had mine done a couple of weeks ago at Freightliner Northwest. Took around 4 hours but I left it overnight. They said it checked out ok. They did the work from below the coach.

I thought it is a Cummins recall. Fuel rail has to come out, not possible to do this from below.
Old 09-29-2021, 03:44 PM   #31

This is what they are telling me

"Good morning! that Part is In back order there is no telling when it will be in. When it does ill definitely I will let you know."

So tomorrow I will get on the phone and see what I can find out
Old 09-30-2021, 04:16 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winepress View Post
I thought it is a Cummins recall. Fuel rail has to come out, not possible to do this from below.
Had mine done today at Cummins dealer in Fort Myers, FL took about 4 hours and was done from outside coach. No leaks, no problems, could not have asked for better service. Special tool? more room with side radiator? Don't know just saying
Fanukalum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 07:47 PM   #33

Lazydays Cummins Recall

Just had it done while in Tampa. 2 to 3 hour job. Really noticed a difference on starting my 450hp. Used to take a few tries even if run the day before but now starts right away indicating it was losing pressure overnight and potential fuel leak.

Lazydays was an issue and I really feel was both unethical and likely straying into a bad legal situation. I did get it done but I had to be very persistent.

Here is the issue: Lazydays prioritizes new deliveries over existing customers and was told they may not get to it because of this. This obviously pissed me off since rather than delaying a delivery they are okay if I have a fire while traveling around the country. This is also a legal no no.

Here is why as a business you don't do this. If Lazydays prioritize new deliveries versus the safety of my motorhome they have liability if I have a fire after I leave. I think finding a lawyer to handle a situation like this would not be difficult.

Be tough them and mention the liability. You'll get it done.
Westernbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 07:09 AM   #34

Does anyone know how many needed the fix after it’s been checked?
2cyber71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 06:04 PM   #35
JMH

Newmar Owners Club
2019 VTDP 4369. Mine was found bad on inspection and had to be replaced. Floyd’s does good work here in rapid city. Ran it after install, kept overnight to make sure there were no leaks.

Cummins messed around releasing the part. Floyd’s had to put in system then call them to get part released. They were not happy with Cummins about it. Tied up a work bay for a week with Cummins messing around.
JMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 07:25 AM   #36

We had an issue that required a stop at the Freightliner shop in Farmington NM. They did the fuel rail recall while we there. They told us there was no leak. However, starting, idling and driving was noticeably better. Quieter and smoother too.
PaulTNaples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 03:44 PM   #37

fuel rail repair

yes thru bedroom engine access
LADY BELINDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 12:50 PM   #38

Yep, fuel rail change

So took the MH to Cumins for the fuel rail recall. Of course, 1 out of 40 units looked at needed to have the whole fuel rail changed and I’m the 1. Glad to have it fixed and we didn’t burn up. Not effecting our travel plans which is good but effecting my next stop at Freightliner to fix the Comfort Steering.
Fireairdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 01:18 PM   #39

Had ours done today at 4 star in Tallahassee. Also had the rear PDM recall done at the same time. No drama for us, luckily.
I would recommend this shop to anyone who needs work done on their Freightliner chassis, when in the area. -Paul
Old 10-26-2021, 11:15 PM   #40
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I talked to my Freightliner shop on Monday. They said they go through the bathroom hatch. The service manager said they even bought glass suction cups to pull the floor. He said he would be more than happy for me to R&R the panel, which I've done a few times already. They said one coach, didn't mention a brand, had no engine access hatch. They had to pull the exhaust/DEF system off to do the recall. He said Freightliner only pays .9 hours labor. The motor home recall is a real loser compared to doing a truck.

I also spoke to them about the PDM recall. I had it done already, but they (Freightliner shop) never logged it with Freightliner, so I got a second notice. With that said, the first recall was just an "interim" recall and they replaced defective ones with the same model. Now they have newer ones that are not problematic. He checked the serial number of mine and when they did the replacement, I got one of the newer ones.

So, even if you've had the PDM replaced, it might need to be replaced again.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cummins, freightliner, fuel, recall