Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-17-2018, 06:02 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 157
Curb side slide unlocks, won’t deploy, won’t lock

Hello Newmar Nation,

I am a rookie coach owner having a slide issue.
When I push the slide switch I get no audio warning, locks unlock, slide doesn’t move.
When I push switch again there is a click and the switch light flickers once.
Locks remain unlocked.
Slide is flush with the body but I assume traveling with the slide unlocked won’t end well.
Other two slides functioning properly.

Hoping to head out on first trip with our ( new to us) 04 MADP 4017 Friday.
Any advice will be welcome.
__________________
04 Mountain Aire 4017
ISL 400 Cummins
Freightliner Chassis, Landgrebe tow dolly
speedway is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-18-2018, 04:38 AM   #2
DJJ
Senior Member
 
DJJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Port Charlotte, FL
Posts: 380
The slide control box/board on my 2003 DS are interchangeable. If yours are too swap it with the working slide control box and see if it corrects your bedroom slide issue. Just two screws and a plug in connector.
Jeff
DJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 04:41 AM   #3
DJJ
Senior Member
 
DJJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Port Charlotte, FL
Posts: 380
On my 2003 DS the slide control boxes are interchangeable. If yours are too try swapping it with one of the working slides control box. Two screws and a plug in connector.
Jeff
DJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 06:15 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
bruceisla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Foley AL
Posts: 7,138
There are a bunch of conditions that must be met (switches).


http://www.mikerobotics.com/Intellit...5300719100.pdf
__________________
2005 Newmar Essex 4502, 2013 Caddy SRX
1997 HR Endeavor 37, CAT, 1996 Geo Tracker
bruceisla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 01:46 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 157
Slide is working now

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceisla View Post
There are a bunch of conditions that must be met (switches).


http://www.mikerobotics.com/Intellit...5300719100.pdf
Went back to coach today to see what could be done. Slide worked normally, extended to the stops, returned in and locks deployed!

Thinking back I may not have had the key in the 'off' position? I had the switch on ACC to deploy leveling jacks don't know if that could be the culprit or not.
Anyway, working OK now, the adventure continues!

Thanks to all for the advice.
__________________
04 Mountain Aire 4017
ISL 400 Cummins
Freightliner Chassis, Landgrebe tow dolly
speedway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 09:29 PM   #6
Community Moderator
 
"007"'s Avatar


 
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 30,783
If the Activator for locks gets wet when slide out you will have some flaky problems.
Some people have removed and cleaned, rust and corrosion off shaft.
__________________
98KSCA, 99MACA, 03 KSCA-3740- 8.1 Chev-- ALLISON Trans
VISIT the NEWMAR QUICK TIPS & EASYMODS 1 & 2
QUICK TIPS # 3
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 08:22 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedway View Post
Went back to coach today to see what could be done. Slide worked normally, extended to the stops, returned in and locks deployed!

Thinking back I may not have had the key in the 'off' position? I had the switch on ACC to deploy leveling jacks don't know if that could be the culprit or not.
Anyway, working OK now, the adventure continues!

Thanks to all for the advice.
Okay, just back from our first trip with the coach, very pleased,(given the age of the coach I was anticipating some issues ) all systems functioning as advertised.

One question regarding slides: road side living room and bedroom slides deploy/retract with one push of the switch, audio warning plays, slide deploys.
Curb side bedroom slide I have to hold the switch down for the duration of the deployment, no audio warning . To bring slide in same routine, hold switch down until slide is in, no audio.

I assume all slides should deploy with audio and one touch of switch. Correct?
Thoughts and advice appreciated.
__________________
04 Mountain Aire 4017
ISL 400 Cummins
Freightliner Chassis, Landgrebe tow dolly
speedway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 05:05 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
bruceisla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Foley AL
Posts: 7,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedway View Post
Okay, just back from our first trip with the coach, very pleased,(given the age of the coach I was anticipating some issues ) all systems functioning as advertised.

One question regarding slides: road side living room and bedroom slides deploy/retract with one push of the switch, audio warning plays, slide deploys.
Curb side bedroom slide I have to hold the switch down for the duration of the deployment, no audio warning . To bring slide in same routine, hold switch down until slide is in, no audio.

I assume all slides should deploy with audio and one touch of switch. Correct?
Thoughts and advice appreciated.

Find the controller and check the part number .... could be a different controller without the voice and latching feature.
__________________
2005 Newmar Essex 4502, 2013 Caddy SRX
1997 HR Endeavor 37, CAT, 1996 Geo Tracker
bruceisla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 11:10 AM   #9
Community Moderator
 
"007"'s Avatar


 
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 30,783
Most of my bedroom slides did not activate the voice for front slide driver side.
The switch for bedroom may need to be replaced should only have to activate control with switch and slide would move out.
In the slide spec's will show the problem with switch when it loses spring tension, slide spec's in QT's 1 & 2.
Everything in this link.
__________________
98KSCA, 99MACA, 03 KSCA-3740- 8.1 Chev-- ALLISON Trans
VISIT the NEWMAR QUICK TIPS & EASYMODS 1 & 2
QUICK TIPS # 3
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 02:08 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007";4570516]Most of my bedroom slides did not activate the voice for front slide driver side.
The switch for bedroom may need to be replaced should only have to activate control with switch and slide would move out.
In the slide spec's will show the problem with switch when it loses spring tension, slide spec's in [B][URL="http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/original-part-1-and-2-quick-tips-and-easy-mods-18509.html
QT's 1 & 2.[/URL][/B]
Everything in this link.
Thanks 007! Your encyclopedic knowledge of Newmar’s is amazing!

I appreciate your help.
__________________
04 Mountain Aire 4017
ISL 400 Cummins
Freightliner Chassis, Landgrebe tow dolly
speedway is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
slide



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Full Wall Slide on 2017 DS won't deploy! Need input ASAP Bchtravlr Newmar Owner's Forum 15 07-08-2018 07:20 PM
Rear curb side slide out won't extend. Letsgoagain Monaco Owner's Forum 1 12-13-2015 09:40 AM
DSDP Front Curb Side Slide - Slide Topper CapuTech Newmar Owner's Forum 7 03-26-2014 04:44 PM
Slide locks deploy with slide open STEVE-JUNELL Newmar Owner's Forum 14 03-03-2014 07:32 PM
Bedroom Slide-out Won't Deploy p00ches Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum 5 06-20-2011 12:53 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.