Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-05-2021, 10:43 AM   #1

Curt Spectrum Brake Control Setup

My 21' London Aire has the built in Curt Spectrum brake control, the manual is terrible. The toad is a Jeep Wrangler with Airforce One that I was using on the New Aire.

When plugged in I am only getting two blue lights on the controller, which best I can tell means that the controller is not talking to the jeep. I have checked the fuse for the Airforce one and it is ok. I am plugged in to the 7 pin electrical and the airline is hooked up. I suspect pilot error but I am stumped.

Any assistance for trouble shooting or setup would be greatly appreciated. Fortunately the Jeep does not push a 50k coach very hard but would like to be legal and have it working.

JD
2019 New Aire 33452021 London Aire 4579 2023 Newell #1746
Toad: 21 Ford Bronco - Blue OX and Airforce One
AZRVR17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2021, 10:51 AM   #2
D20

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Air Force One doesn't use an electric brake controller.
Old 08-05-2021, 05:06 PM   #3

I thought the Curt still had some control over the air going to the Jeep. If it’s just for electric brakes that makes total sense. The Spartan video the one where he goes through the 21’ chassis makes a big deal about how it’s a plug and play with the Airforce. Guess it’s just the air line

Thank you, sorry for the really stupid question

JD
Old 08-05-2021, 06:23 PM   #4

OK, yup! I just watched the spartan video again and confirmed that I am a moron. Curt has nothing to do with the Air Line. Jeeeeeeezzzzzeeeee.

Good news! I can take that one off the punch list
2019 New Aire 33452021 London Aire 4579 2023 Newell #1746
Toad: 21 Ford Bronco - Blue OX and Airforce One

Tags
brake