Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-21-2014, 09:55 AM   #1

Custom Items YOU Added to Your New Newmar Coach Order

Greetings from Lake Conroe, Texas. I have been enjoying your Newmar Owner's forum immensely and have learned so much. I am intrigued by Newmar's willingness to allow consumers to "special order" new coaches according to the buyer's individual preferences of extra options and additions. I recently read a post where someone ordered two additional coats of clear-coat to their coach's paint job which IMHO was an awesome idea / addition. This led me to make this posting seeking additional examples of what folks have special ordered to create their one of a kind, super-special, custom Newmar coach. Would truly appreciate learning what can be special ordered. THANK YOU VERY MUCH, Jeff
jd956jd956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2014, 11:52 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Jeff it you haven't done so far is read the HOOT's threads in QT's # 3 the five original members the link will get you there.
Pessman has pictures of his build.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 01:51 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd956jd956 View Post
Greetings from Lake Conroe, Texas. I have been enjoying your Newmar Owner's forum immensely and have learned so much. I am intrigued by Newmar's willingness to allow consumers to "special order" new coaches according to the buyer's individual preferences of extra options and additions. I recently read a post where someone ordered two additional coats of clear-coat to their coach's paint job which IMHO was an awesome idea / addition. This led me to make this posting seeking additional examples of what folks have special ordered to create their one of a kind, super-special, custom Newmar coach. Would truly appreciate learning what can be special ordered. THANK YOU VERY MUCH, Jeff
We ordered our coach in March, 2008. Our specials were:

A regular looking couch with ottomans, instead of the standard J-couch.

A 52" HDTV on a Nexus 21 lift in a large storage cabinet, built from our specifications (a TV on a lift is nothing special today, but it was in early 2008)

A dual desk in place of the dinette. Not the same desk that Newmar has, but one built from our specifications.

Roll out pantry system, instead of their pull-out wooden drawers. I told them which pantry system I wanted and they ordered it.

The hutch redesigned to our specifications with two custom sized roll out drawers for storing pots, pans and lids in the bottom part of the hutch with two drawers above and with larger upper cabinets spaced 18" above the countertop. (Normally a TV is in this location)

Different sized windows than what was standard.

A 12V fan in the bedroom.

Electronics wiring including ethernet wiring to specific locations in the coach.

Had a few electrical outlets relocated and also added a few extra electrical outlets in various places.

A different 40" HDTV in the bedroom than the standard one.

Closet rod placement different from standard.

Non-standard specials we had added and would have them add today if ordering a new coach would be a RO system, a window in the kitchen and an induction cooktop, if it's not already standard or an option.

See link for pictures:

Flying, Diving, Cruising, and RVing! » Interior Shots
Old 06-21-2014, 05:04 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by saydiver View Post

A 52" HDTV on a Nexus 21 lift in a large storage cabinet, built from our specifications (a TV on a lift is nothing special today, but it was in early 2008)

A dual desk in place of the dinette. Not the same desk that Newmar has, but one built from our specifications.

Roll out pantry system, instead of their pull-out wooden drawers. I told them which pantry system I wanted and they ordered it.

The hutch redesigned to our specifications with two custom sized roll out drawers for storing pots, pans and lids in the bottom part of the hutch with two drawers above and with larger upper cabinets spaced 18" above the countertop. (Normally a TV is in this location)

Electronics wiring including ethernet wiring to specific locations in the coach.

Had a few electrical outlets relocated and also added a few extra electrical outlets in various places.

Non-standard specials we had added and would have them add today if ordering a new coach would be a RO system, a window in the kitchen and an induction cooktop, if it's not already standard or an option.

See link for pictures:

WOW!!! Your coach is absolutely beautiful and truly custom! VERY, VERY NICE!!! REALLY enjoyed ALL your photos on your website! Thank you for sharing! P. S. - What is an RO System?
jd956jd956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 09:23 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by saydiver View Post

See link for pictures:

Great pictures! You did a great job!!
roadtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 10:51 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd956jd956 View Post
WOW!!! Your coach is absolutely beautiful and truly custom! VERY, VERY NICE!!! REALLY enjoyed ALL your photos on your website! Thank you for sharing! P. S. - What is an RO System?
Reverse Osmosis water system. I managed to squeeze one under the sink, but it was a tight fit and the holding tank is smaller than I prefer. But putting in a larger one would have required modifying one of the pull-out drawers under there, and I didn't want to do that.
Old 06-22-2014, 06:21 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Something not in the catalog

Passenger side seat window had started to haze from a leaking seal. Our choice was to get it "fixed" or purchase it new. We were scheduled to be at Newmar for other upgrades and ask for a quote to replace new. Then the DW wanted a vertical sliding window. No problem - $50 more. So for $385 the DW has her own sliding window.

Great for answering the door without having to open it. Also great for air movement thru the coach.
JohnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 07:15 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDiver View Post
Reverse Osmosis water system. I managed to squeeze one under the sink, but it was a tight fit and the holding tank is smaller than I prefer. But putting in a larger one would have required modifying one of the pull-out drawers under there, and I didn't want to do that.
Forget using your cabinet space...consider a whole house RO system. It fits easily in your water bay. Your toilet, dishwasher and shower have no mineralization. And you can wash and rinse the MH without drying.

The system costs about $500. I put it in myself and we both won't be without it! We've had thE system for about a year now and if has worked flawlessly.

If you want to look at some systems that can be purchased online, check out:
RV Water Filter Store: Standard Filter Canisters for Whole RV.

Rick is the owner and will be glad to discuss your needs. I've got him on speed dial. :-)). And "no" in have no personal or financial interest here other than I LOVE our RO System!!!

Do a search on iRV2 and you should find lots of info on this subject, and maybe pictures of my install as they are here somewhere.

Tags
newmar