RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-09-2019, 04:17 PM   #1

Dash a/c and left turn signal/brake light issue

I don't know if a thread has been started on this issue, it seems to be pretty unusual. After all the annual maintenance was done on our 2018 Ventana, we put it in storage for a couple weeks. When we got it out to start our 5 week trip from the Houston area to Maine and back, we discovered that the dash a/c was not blowing cold air, and the left rear light and top center lights were not working on the RV. However, they were working on the toad, so we elected to start our trip, running the generator and the front roof a/c to keep semi-cool. At the first stop, a Loves truckstop, we had them do a recharge of the a/c - evacuate, leak test (no leaks), and recharge. Started back on the road, a/c was working. Oh, and so were the lights. Next stop, after restarting the RV, again no a/c or lights. It has been going like this for several days now - sometimes the a/c and lights work, sometimes they don't. I have been thinking they are somehow tied together, but in the most recent episode, the lights were working but the a/c wasn't. One other note, I understand that Freightliner is getting ready to issue a recall on this chassis (report #18V-582) for a problem with a certain Power Distribution Module that is subject to bending stresses that can cause "intermittent open circuits in which the rear marker, brake lights or left run signal lights may not function." I guess I'm going to find a Freightliner shop somewhere along the way to investigate this curious issue. Anyone else having a similar problem?

jefftaylor2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2019, 05:37 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
There is a recall and your issues sound like the issues I and others have reported. I believe the tester has been sent to Freightliner shops and the repair is quick. Call Freightliner or Newmar to verify is yours is affected.

Old 07-09-2019, 05:43 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Check out this thread in this forum

Chassis Module Safety Recall 18V-582
Old 07-09-2019, 05:43 PM   #4

Just make an appointment at Freightliner. It seems to be more widespread than the affected recall numbers would indicate. Your symptoms are the same as those experienced by Coaches that have all ready received the notice.
PaulTNaples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 09:08 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
NHTSA- Sent me recall on the PDM last week based on VIN. So the PDM recall is expanding, it's on the list for Gaffney, but have not made apt, other things in the way of that. Also, got another (think it is 3rd) on the airbags in the Acura, my feelings is if the companies don't start buying quality parts, someone in WDC is going to get on their case, and it will cost way more then than doing quality purchases now.

Oh, we had picked up our new coach, and were sitting in the Dealer RV park, and ran into lady who had one like ours, but different floorplan. She mentioned the lights and a/c issue, so I told her about the PDM recall, as coach was in shop having a/c looked at, she called them, and told them to stop, so she had already made apt at the freightliner shop up the road for service, so now we should have a new lurker here as I told her about this site as well. Hope that got her coach back on the road.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 05:13 AM   #6

OK, thanks to all. Glad to hear it is a common, fixable problem, I'll be making an appt at Freightliner somewhere in the Harrisburg, PA area this week.

jefftaylor2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake, dash, light