Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2021, 07:07 PM   #1

Dash A/C Schematic Help Freon Leak 2015 DS

Does anyone know where I can get a schematic or drawing of the dash AC system including how the freon lines are run from the front to back? Newmar sent me to Newgal which only has operating instructions. I have a 2015 DS and the system does not hold freon but nobody can find a leak.
Desiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2021, 07:26 PM   #2

How are they searching for a leak? They should have added a bottle of leak finder and then shown a black light along those big hoses while under the RV on a creeper. That would have shown them as they followed those hoses, that the big evaporator under that grill way in the back on the drivers side has a large drier there and those can leak along with any hose or hose connection between the evap, compressor, drier, and condenser. There isn't any trick to finding a leak, just have to follow the hoses. And in an RV, I'm sure many techs really don't want to do all that work trying to find it.

I have a slow leak in my dash system and what I did was install EnviroSafe instead of freon. Larger molecules so doesn't leak as easily. Also installed a can of stop leak for AC. So far so good. Seems to be holding now.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 05:57 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiday View Post
Does anyone know where I can get a schematic or drawing of the dash AC system including how the freon lines are run from the front to back? Newmar sent me to Newgal which only has operating instructions. I have a 2015 DS and the system does not hold freon but nobody can find a leak.
The Freon hoses run along the frame rails in the basement , off the compressor there is a 84" line that runs from the compressor to the evaporator on the side radiator, out 0f the evaporator routed over the axle to the frame rail, and into the basement, where the rails are sealed.
runs up to the front to the dryer and the Evans Tempcon AC unit, out of the unit and back along the frame rails through the basement to the AC compressor. I believe they are in a black channel box on the inside of the drivers side frame rail.
Hope this helps
Old 07-30-2021, 07:10 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
When the AC folks worked on my coach they disconnected the system at various points and installed caps or plugs to close up the portion they were going to leak test. The leak test was actually done by pulling a vacuum and verifying that the portion of the system under test would hold the vacuum. Once they found the part(s) that would not hold the vacuum they then continued to isolate the various parts until they found the leak. Perhaps this method will help if it's different than what you shop is doing.
Old 07-30-2021, 12:27 PM   #5

Not long after taking delivery I noticed evidence of leakage at both hose fittings at the evaporator behind the radiator grill. Tightened the fittings and no issues since
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash, leak