Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-16-2017, 09:33 PM   #1

Dash AC blowing hot and Cold

My coach has been in storage for the past 4.5 months. Time to get ready for the big Spring trip!

I finished replacing the original backup camera with a modern system from Rear view safety (wired system). Installing the new components was pretty straight forward, but I just had to tempt fate and remove all the old components and wiring.

The space inside the dash is just a rats nest of wires... miles upon miles. I found the wires of interest and gently extracted them from the harness.

When everything was removed and working, I drove the coach and noticed the driver side AC was blowing cold (good since I did have the AC on). At some point, I noticed the passenger side was very warm. I had no idea that this was even possible.

The blower is working as plenty of air is coming out of the vents.

I have no idea how this is happening, but I suspect the heater is stuck on (hot water is flowing) and is overwhelming the cooling system.

My trip starts in 2 weeks, so the countdown is on to get this problem fixed! All ideas will be appreciated.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-17-2017, 07:49 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The cheapest easiest and fastest fix is to find the shut off valve close to the engine on the heater hose and close it. Then you couldn't find the real culprit at your leisure

"the Oilfield PAID me to retire, so I did" :-)
JNSNWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 09:28 AM   #3

"Move along folks. Nothing to see here "

I was unaware that my dash ac was dual zone, with the temp control on the passenger console. With the ac on and the passenger temp control set to hot was my problem.

All is well...
Old 03-17-2017, 11:17 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by azSkier View Post
"Move along folks. Nothing to see here "

I was unaware that my dash ac was dual zone, with the temp control on the passenger console. With the ac on and the passenger temp control set to hot was my problem.

All is well...
Wish we had that feature!
vapor3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 11:49 AM   #5

We have a 04 Ex and bought it new and have 130K miles so we use it. Have had many problems over the years with AC and have spent at least 4K in the last few years for hoses, compressor and service time. On your unit the 1st thing to do is check if both heat hoses are hot after engine warms up. There is a control valve on the heater hoses that is closed when AC is on. If those heater hoses are hot after valve then that will AC not be cold. You can use vise grips to pinch hose shut if hot and see what effect that has on AC.
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 12:26 PM   #6

Thanks Everyone.

My inquiry to Newmar resulted in a pointer to manuals for various Dash AC systems.

Might be helpful for some...

Evans Tempcon, Inc - Technical Support
Old 03-17-2017, 07:17 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
IN QT's #3 all the EVANS diagrams are posted for operation and parts.
If you want to check for TSB's and recalls on your coach use this link.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash