Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-15-2022, 07:06 PM   #1

Dash beep

We have a 2018 Ventana 4369 with an intermittent single beep coming from the dash. There are no warnings, alerts or anything else showing up, other than this single beep that occasionally occurs out of the blue. The beep sounds similar to either the turn signal indicator, or if the coach is in neutral with the brakes released.. Just wondering if anyone else has had this occur and if the problem was found. Thanks in advance for any guidance.
Monument is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2022, 09:59 AM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Do you have air brakes? If so check the air pressure.
33' 2008 National Tropical on a Freightliner chassis.RVM#189
Kahoona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 01:56 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Make sure the footrest for the drivers seat is fully retracted.
Switt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 04:43 PM   #4
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Check the footrest to be fully retracted and is one of the jack lights coming on when you hear the beep? Could be from there. Might check your fluid level on the reservoir.
Collision Repair & Paint Restoration

SM Nashville 972-697-6325
Bobby Dowdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 07:32 PM   #5
JWJ

If it is an intermittent beep, check the battery in the smoke detector above the passenger seat.
JWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 09:27 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
If you have the cell phone charging pad it has a soft BEEP when it engages and begins charging. I experienced on today's drive that road bounces can cause it to dis- & re-engage causing "random" beeps.
VDPDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 07:12 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDPDan View Post
If you have the cell phone charging pad it has a soft BEEP when it engages and begins charging. I experienced on today's drive that road bounces can cause it to dis- & re-engage causing "random" beeps.
X2 ..... I don't use the charger on the dash anymore - wife uses her's. No random beeps from the passenger one for some reason.
Old 09-17-2022, 08:23 AM   #8

Thanks for all of the suggestions. No problems with air pressure, footrest or smoke detector. Next time out in a couple of weeks I will check the cell charger and any jack indicators. On my reservoir I cannot find a minimum or maximum line anywhere. Would anyone have a picture of where they might be or even a tape measurement of that? Thanks again.
Old 09-17-2022, 06:16 PM   #9
DJJ

My aftermarket tpms would beep when it dropped a sensor from the toad and was very random. Adding a repeater solved the issue. It took me longer to figure out the random beep then I would like to admit.

Just something else for you to consider.

Jeff
DJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 07:46 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monument View Post
Thanks for all of the suggestions. No problems with air pressure, footrest or smoke detector. Next time out in a couple of weeks I will check the cell charger and any jack indicators. On my reservoir I cannot find a minimum or maximum line anywhere. Would anyone have a picture of where they might be or even a tape measurement of that? Thanks again.

I have the same beep. Itís not a continuous noise. I can replicate it by turning on the ignition and then turning off. I will get a beep.
Old 09-17-2022, 07:49 PM   #11

My TPMS beeps when the outside temperature drops near freezing.
Somewhere near 38f or so.
When I look at the TPMS page, it flashes the outside temperature and says “ICY ROADS”
It’s the Excite System with River Park TPMS.
When it first happened, I had no idea what it was, nothing was flashing or lit. Had to go to the outside temperature page to see it.
My rear camera page does not display the outside temp.
I think the DS had the same back then.
It’s not constant.
2cyber71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 10:41 AM   #12

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I heard the beep again and turned far enough to see that the lights on the levelling system were flashing. The jacks were completely retracted, however pulled to the roadside and rechecked. All was good, but I went ahead and hit retract all again and then shut the power off. No more problems. Now, prior to leaving I retract twice -once to initially retract and then a second time once they are up. That seems to have solved the problem. One sensor must be too sensitive.
Old 10-08-2022, 09:01 AM   #13

Jacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monument View Post
The jacks are raised by springs when the hydraulic fluid pressure is released. The alarm from the jacks is loud so the beep you hear is not that alarm.
Dan-DS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash